Community Forum

XRE 03121

Frequent Visitor

Re: XRE 03121

so this error has been plagueing xfinity for 6 months and still not resolved?  I wasted an hour with india customer service already this week, restarted, unplugged, over and over, i've tried the tips on the forum.  Need a refund and go back to my old plan, I had the channels i wanted there. Or call any other provider that will provide the services I pay for.  All i wanted was 2 stinkin channels, and not premium either.  

Frequent Visitor

Now customer service today told me i don't have the channel in my plan that I'm getting the XRE 03121 on.  The online tools show me its in my plan, but doesn't work.  Comcast has one chance tomorrow to retain this customer at all.  I had what i wanted in my old package, this bait and switch to a plan that was 'better' but is actually LOWER is going to drive me away AGAIN.  they just don't want my money anymore.

Expert

@quilt1 wrote:

Now customer service today told me i don't have the channel in my plan that I'm getting the XRE 03121 on.  The online tools show me its in my plan, but doesn't work.  Comcast has one chance tomorrow to retain this customer at all.  I had what i wanted in my old package, this bait and switch to a plan that was 'better' but is actually LOWER is going to drive me away AGAIN.  they just don't want my money anymore.

does the channel you are attempting to tune appear on the smart device Xfinity My Account app (top link when TV tab is selected)? that listing show all channels that are available in your current subscription. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

yes it does appear in the app (I took a picture of it for my records).  and the customer service rep today said specifically it is not in my package. 

Expert

@quilt1 wrote:

yes it does appear in the app (I took a picture of it for my records).  and the customer service rep today said specifically it is not in my package. 

call 800-comcast and select billing. ask the agent to perform a deep account background refresh (takes up to an hour to complete). after the hour if the channel does not show up check to see if it is on a stream app (smart device) or reboot the set top box. working?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Same issue.
Frequent Visitor

Talked to customer 'retention' which was one of the worst customer service interactions i've ever had, wasn't until i asked to for her supervisor that she fixed the issue by dropping down to a LOWER plan and got the 2 channels i previously had.  This error was never resolved until I did that. So idk if its the HD that is causing it or what, but once back to lower plan, bingo, the channel with this error message is fine.  dump all the bells and whistles, they cause nothing but headaches.  

4 comcast employees = 4 different stories.  More than one was incompentent and this one in customer 'retention' didn't give a darn, basically told me i should be happy with the other channels in the package, so what if my fav channel didn't work.  

New Poster

Error xre-03121

Started getting error xre-03121 when trying to watch cartoon network. All other channels work fine, already tried refreshing the system and restarting the box and neither worked
New Poster

Same issue. Does anyone have a clue at Comcast? Tired of hearing lame solutions that do nothing but waste my time. Tired of hearing I'm sorry..bla bla bla. Comcast has to be one of the most pathetic companies in existence with support techs that haven't the slightest clue. Break your nose? Do a system refresh. It should be fixed. Everyone is on a different page. How about us customers start charging you for all of the time we have to waste with incompetence? Sickening.
New Poster

Error XRE-03121

I am receiving an error XRE-03121- I have tried a system refresh and I am still receiving it. I am only get this on a few channels such as food network but I am getting HBO, local channels and comedy central. On demand is also working.

New Poster

Re: Error xre-03121

I am having same issue with channels.
New Poster

I'm getting this issue on Cartoon Network and Disney Channel, the two most watched channels in our house. I tried a system refresh and unplugging the X1 unit along with the coax cable and the error is still present on just those two channels. My kid is losing his mind because he can't watch cartoons, lol.

Help.
Regular Visitor

I'm also experiencing the same issue. Currently doing a system refresh.

Makes me feel better that it's happening to other people.
Official Employee

@Kendall1217 wrote:
Started getting error xre-03121 when trying to watch cartoon network. All other channels work fine, already tried refreshing the system and restarting the box and neither worked

Check your level of service.

As of today Cartoon Network, Disney Channel, Food Network, TRUTV, and Weather Channel are no longer in Digital Economy Package, and are now in the Digital Starter tier. This may be why you're getting the error.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

@jfras

I dont think there is anything you can do unfortunately, Im only replying because Im having the exact same issue, and with the exact same channels, and I dont think it is a coincidence that is also on the exact same day and time. Unfortunately, calling customer service accomplished nothing but they do have their "advanced team" looking into it. 

New Poster

@Aisteach, thanks for the info. I just hung up after being on hold with support for 20 minutes. No use waiting if they can't do anything.
Official Employee

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

@ComcastAndrew, same issue here except I have the digital starter package (see screenshot)
Screenshot_20180509-222254.png
New Poster

I am getting the error message xre-03121 also, I get all of the other channels and I do not have the economy package so how do I get it fixed. That is a channel I watch regularly
New Poster

Seriously? So I have to pay more now to watch channels that I've had for the past 5 years?
New Poster

I just checked my channel list in my account
Screenshot_20180509-225948_Chrome.jpg
Expert

@jfras wrote:

good news is that it is fixable. have you pressed the A button on the xfinity remote and selected and run the system refresh function? takes about 15 minutes to complete. after 30 minutes or so, is it working?

New Poster

Hold on. I want the same package as Elicat35. I'm paying more for less.
SmartSelect_20180509-231522_Chrome.jpg
New Poster

@Rustyben wrote:

@jfras wrote:

good news is that it is fixable. have you pressed the A button on the xfinity remote and selected and run the system refresh function? takes about 15 minutes to complete. after 30 minutes or so, is it working?

Yes, I did a system refresh. I also tried unplugging the box, unplugged the coax cable, waited a few minutes, plugged the cable back in then powered the box on -- still can't get those channels.

New Poster

I'm getting this error code on the cartoon network. I have the digital starter and this channel is one of the channels included in this package. So, why doesn't it work?
New Poster

I get this error message on Cartoon Network and Disney. Have Digital starter tier as well because TRUTV and weather channel work
New Poster

Xre 03121

Paid my bill yesterday now cartoon network wont work. All others do. What do I do?
15259421461516994427416130850485.jpg
Expert

@jfras wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@jfras wrote:

Yes, I did a system refresh. I also tried unplugging the box, unplugged the coax cable, waited a few minutes, plugged the cable back in then powered the box on -- still can't get those channels.

next step is to call 800-Comcast and select billing. ask the agent to perform a deep background account refresh (takes about an hour). after the hour see if channel works now (without the error).

New Poster

You say a digital starter tier has Cartoon Network and Disney channels. I have starter tier and need a subscription now for Cartoon Network? Not only that but when I go to manage/add channels Cartoon Network is not on the list. What is going on?
Official Employee

Hi All. XRE-03121 is a conditional access error. This is the result of the main video gateway temporarily experiencing a communication issue with the cable card. Please send me a private message with your full name and phone number so I can assist. 

KenF

New Poster

I am just as mad, if not moreso. I literally just subscribed to a package last week, and they made absolutely no mention of this, nor did they when I was on the phone with them last night trying to resolve the issue. This is literally bait and switch and I will be reporting Comcast for this. Completely unacceptable practices.

Expert

@Aisteach wrote:

I am just as mad, if not moreso. I literally just subscribed to a package last week, and they made absolutely no mention of this, nor did they when I was on the phone with them last night trying to resolve the issue. This is literally bait and switch and I will be reporting Comcast for this. Completely unacceptable practices.

the comcast person posted just before your post and is working to assist. 

Regular Visitor

@ComcastKenF wrote:

Hi All. XRE-03121 is a conditional access error. This is the result of the main video gateway temporarily experiencing a communication issue with the cable card. Please send me a private message with your full name and phone number so I can assist. 

KenF

Hi KenF - I'm having the same issue with Cartoon Network, and have been for a couple of days now. I've been trying to send you a PM as you requested, but since I'm a "new user" to the forums and haven't made a public post my ability to do so is locked. Hopefully replying to you will be enough to unlock it, but if you are able to unlock it for me (or otherwise give me "permission" to PM you, as several other forum posts state needs to be done) I would appreciate it. I have to say, it's very disheartening as a customer to have to jump through so many hoops just to regain access to one of my channels, and even moreso to see the hassle other customers have been going through.

Frequent Visitor

Hi KenF. Running into the same problem as everyone else. I cannot private message you. Just need some help with watching the same channels ive paid for for many years...

New Poster

CAKnyo, if you click on his profile sign in to the account you use for xfinity/Comcast and you can then PM him. Worked for me
New Poster

Cpcp22, click his profile, sign in at top right (if using phone) then you can PM him
New Poster

Having the exact same issue. I hate this.
Frequent Visitor

Wad he able to fix your issue?
New Poster

Cpcp22 I Pm’d Him 12 hrs ago. No response.
Frequent Visitor

Dang. My issue came when I switched boxes to X1. I wish I just stuck with my lame old box. It worked fine.
New Poster

Cpcp22, it’s not just us though. It’s almost everyone is complaining about the same thing. My parents have a package that’s higher than mine, and they’re saying they’re missing the exact same channels. This is actually making me want to switch back to directv
Frequent Visitor

Curf I agree. I'm gonna give it the weekend and if nothing gives I'm gonna switch
New Poster

Cpcp22, I mean seriously. Never had tv when it rained but atleast I get the channels I’ve paid for from the get-go with directv
Regular Visitor

Literally my exact problem. Lost access to Cartoon Network, which was part of why I'm paying for the package I have to begin with. PMed Ken and haven't heard anything yet... But I'll give it a day or two.
New Poster

They move cartoon network up a tier, no warning nothing. 

New Poster

The no warning is what ticked me off. I spoke to 5 different peole and got different answers from each one. 

I'm especially mad comcast is the only cable option in my area.

New Poster

Hi Everyone,

Did some digging and found this on my March bill at the very bottom in fine print:

"Xfinity TV Changes Effective May 9, 2018: The Weather Channel will only be available on Limited Basic and new Sports & News tier; Cartoon Network will only be available on Digital Preferred and new Kids & Family tier; Disney Channel will only be available on Expanded Basic, Family Tier and Kids & Family tier; TruTV will only be available on Expanded Basic; Food Network will only be available on Expanded Basic, Family Tier, and new Entertainment tier. The following channels will be added to Digital Economy: BBC World News, Bloomberg, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries and Smithsonian. Outside TV will no longer be available."

This must be there way of informing people they're making changes.  Watch out because the April bill states:

"Xfinity TV Changes: Where currently available, MGM HD will no longer be available starting on June 1st and NFL Network will only be available on Digital Preferred and Sports Entertainment Package starting on July 1st."

I'm cancelling my TV service today due to the awesome "notice" that they give.  The kid will just have to deal with Netflix and Amazon video for awhile.

Regular Visitor

Translation "If you want to keep the same level of service you've been enjoying so far, you're just going to have to pay us more money..."
Frequent Visitor

KenF fixed the problem. Try and deal with him. Very patient and helped me out completely
New Poster

This happened to me as well. After a three hour spiel I was pretty much coerced into the triple play plan because even though it showed up on my available channels list, Himanshu (Tech guy's name) told me it wouldn't show up on the list soon because they were phasing it out of the basic cable packages and the lists haven't been updated yet. The new plan basically gave me HD channels of the same ones i already had but I'm getting the error message on both channels still. He said it takes 24 hours to take affect. Himanshu did what he could but this whole experience was below satisfactory and still an unresolved issue.