Community Forum

XRE 03121

Expert

Re: XRE-03121

wrote:Bamaman64 wrote:
Anyone getting this error code only on random channels? I can't access anything higher than CCN. I saw some information on this issue in this forum and was wondering what might be the cause if this issue and how can this be resolved as it just started today. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Darryl

hi, I moved your post to this larger thread on the problem. first step is to press the A button on your X1 remote, and select and run "account refresh".

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: XRE-03121

Hi there. Wow!!! Thanks for such a quick response! I will do this task now and get back with you on the outcome . Thanks again for your prompt reply and hopefully solution. Darryl

Regular Visitor

DVR recordings

My DVR box is only recording about 5 to 7 minutes of some of my series recordings. The only way we can watch them when this happens is to go to On Demand.  Why would this be happening?  

Expert

Re: DVR recordings

wrote:

My DVR box is only recording about 5 to 7 minutes of some of my series recordings. The only way we can watch them when this happens is to go to On Demand.  Why would this be happening?  

hi, I moved your post to this larger thread on the problem. first step is to press the A button on your X1 remote, and select and run "account refresh".

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Error xre-03121

New Poster

Re: XRE 03121

I am having this same error code.
1800 # could not do a thing.
Help me....
Tags (1)
Expert

wrote:
I am having this same error code.
1800 # could not do a thing.
Help me....

first step is to press the A button on your X1 remote, and select and run "account refresh".

New Poster

Xre-03121

I can’t watch any channels, all I get is this error code xre-03121. I’ve tried unplugging and plugging back in, refreshing the system, restarting each box, nothing works. Anyone know how to fix this?
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xre-03121

wrote:
I can’t watch any channels, all I get is this error code xre-03121. I’ve tried unplugging and plugging back in, refreshing the system, restarting each box, nothing works. Anyone know how to fix this?

Did you call 1800comcast?

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

dmmacpherson, i have the exact same issue.  did you get a solution, if you don't mind me asking, please and thank you.

New Poster

"I have been getting this error on a handful of channels. I have dine the system refresh and reboot through the remote/box. I called comcast and asked they said the channels arent part of my lineup but when they sent me the channel lineup and if I look only at my channel lineup online - those channels are on there. I just want to get this cleared up. Please help"

I have the exact same issue.  I don't see any solution posted. Please help.  

Silver Problem Solver

Did you try calling 1800comcast?

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

I'm having the same problem and none of channel are working
image.jpg
Expert

@Alassane wrote:
I'm having the same problem and none of channel are working

first step is to press the A button on your X1 remote, and select and run "account refresh". did that fix the problem? if not call 800-Comcast and ask the billing agent to run a deep background account refresh (can take up to an hour).

New Poster

I am now getting this message on my box with AMC. No issues viewing AMC when I stream online from my computer.

Expert

@heather18e wrote:

I am now getting this message on my box with AMC. No issues viewing AMC when I stream online from my computer.

see the post right before your post.

Regular Visitor

I see the same message on the screen quite frequently. It happens on all channels. Watching Oscar last night and dreaded XRE-03121 popped...embarrassing in front of guests. Reset fixes the problem only temporarily. Using XG1v4 box.

Expert

@rsrivast wrote:

I see the same message on the screen quite frequently. It happens on all channels. Watching Oscar last night and dreaded XRE-03121 popped...embarrassing in front of guests. Reset fixes the problem only temporarily. Using XG1v4 box.

from an answer to the question in a post before your post..

first step is to press the A button on your X1 remote, and select and run "account refresh". did that fix the problem? if not call 800-Comcast and ask the billing agent to run a deep background account refresh (can take up to an hour).

Regular Visitor

Your solution does not work!

Regular Visitor

I tried the solution again (Press A + Refresh) but on the main X1 box and it worked. The local station ABC was the one that showed the code.  Hopefully this won't be a recurring issue.

New Poster

I am also getting xre-03121 as of 3-7-18.  did everything listed and called support advising them of msg response was "normal msg" ... I asked if there was a problem and was told no.  They also repeated the refresh from their side with the same results no channels above basic ..... asistance needed.  They scheduled tech to the house but if its not either box they won't be able to do anything.

New Poster

Moved a tv [& therefore box] to another room & now getting XRE-03121 on it. What's the latest fix, please?

Thanks for your time.

Silver Problem Solver

@BlasterCA wrote:

Moved a tv [& therefore box] to another room & now getting XRE-03121 on it. What's the latest fix, please?

Thanks for your time.

Did you try calling 1800comcast?

New Poster

Trying to avoid having to call. Time drain & aggravating, as well. Plus, read on here that calling hasn't helped. So wondering if there's a new, current & reliable fix.

New Poster

i got a call from them after I made an appt ... they were doing maintenance .... cancelled my appt service was back withi an hour of me calling them

New Poster

I am seeing this error code on 2 of my TVs. I can't watch any channels. I have performed two system refreshes and now it won't let me refresh again. And yes I called Comcast. He wasn't helpful and now they're sending out a tech which will likely be unhelpful since none of the housecalls previously worked out too well. Any other ideas?
Silver Problem Solver

@tabiecat99 wrote:
I am seeing this error code on 2 of my TVs. I can't watch any channels. I have performed two system refreshes and now it won't let me refresh again. And yes I called Comcast. He wasn't helpful and now they're sending out a tech which will likely be unhelpful since none of the housecalls previously worked out too well. Any other ideas?

Desperation time:  call comcast and ask them to run an Einstein test.

New Poster

I am having this error on ABC and NBC in the Chicago area. I did a system refresh, and it didn’t work. I called it but they could not help me? Will Comcast send someone to my home to check on it?

New Poster

I have been getting this error code on ABC and NBC in the Chicago are since last night. I had to stream Greys Anatomy on my phone last night! 

I did the system reset and nothing happened. I called in and they couldn’t help me.

Expert

@Frozengrapes wrote:

I have been getting this error code on ABC and NBC in the Chicago are since last night. I had to stream Greys Anatomy on my phone last night! 

I did the system reset and nothing happened. I called in and they couldn’t help me.

hi, I moved your post to the mega thread for the error code. since you have already used the refresh feature, call 800-Comcast and ask the billing agent to run a deep background account refresh (can take up to an hour to complete).

New Poster

I had Triple Play installed at the beginning of the month (although my landline phone is not connected yet), but I am also experiencing the inability to access most live TV stations. They all initially worked. I have tried all of the troubleshooting suggestions to no avail. Can you please help me access what I’m paying for?
New Poster

Error message xre03121

For weeks i am unable to watch 41 fox news and other random channels. Picture is usually very pixelated, sound marbled, and sometimes cant change channels at all . Tried rebooting nothing please help
Expert

Re: Error message xre03121

@ssomzzz wrote:
For weeks i am unable to watch 41 fox news and other random channels. Picture is usually very pixelated, sound marbled, and sometimes cant change channels at all . Tried rebooting nothing please help

tune to that channel and if it is having problems (or when it is 'acting up') call 800-Comcast and select TV and ask the agent to run the Internal Troubleshooting Guide Einstein. They may be able to tell from the internal logs if the signal is low on that channel. If not, a local tech can come to the home and find out what the issue is and get it fixed.

New Poster

xre-03121 error

Can this be resolved without Comcast's help?

Expert

Re: xre-03121 error

@lfsrnaughton wrote:

Can this be resolved without Comcast's help?

not likely as they need to view signal levels to determine the next step to get the problem fixed.

New Poster

Hello,

I’m getting this error message
Expert

@DJRonC wrote:
Hello,

I’m getting this error message

tune to that channel and if it is having problems (or when it is 'acting up') call 800-Comcast and select TV and ask the agent to run the Internal Troubleshooting Guide Einstein. They may be able to tell from the internal logs if the signal is low on that channel. If not, a local tech can come to the home and find out what the issue is and get it fixed. end result will probably require the home visit.

New Poster

What did you do?  I got nothing.

New Poster

My morning greeting on my screen was the same -- SORRY, there seems to be a problem here.

I have changed nothing, my bill is not yet due, the lines to the house seem to be in place. All I can think of

is the $158. a month I send out the TV and stuff.

Am mad!

Silver Problem Solver

@waxwing wrote:

My morning greeting on my screen was the same -- SORRY, there seems to be a problem here.

I have changed nothing, my bill is not yet due, the lines to the house seem to be in place. All I can think of

is the $158. a month I send out the TV and stuff.

Am mad!

I see four pages of posts about this issue.  Did you find time to read them all?

New Poster

Well, after unplugging the power cord, waiting while I fixed another pot of coffee, put the dog out, get dressed, when I connected the power cord again IT WORKED--BEAUTIFUL PICTURE. 

Regular Visitor

Re: Recent changes to your service XRE-03121

Mine is doing the same thing. I changed my service and according to the channel line up, I should have these channels. But this is the error message I'm getting. Have yours been fixed?
1523800133558362236766822791340.jpg
New Poster

I would like to tell a story about the code XRE-03121.......If you see this code regular support can't fix it all the way. But here are the steps to fix by comcast rules.

1. initial phone call: You call in, and you will tell them that the strongest system refresh needs to be done just to get the basic channels to work, and only the top techs(who call you) can fix this. They so okay and STILL run the basic system refreashes because its the rules.

2. On the third refresh, which is finally the strongest system refresh, basic channels work again. But wait! None of the others work! Comcast rules says because they ran so many system refreshes you have to wait 30 min to an hour before it works.(You tell them the system needs to be sent to the top techs in order to get this fixed but wait you must)

3. You Wait!

4. Check your channels and to your surprise you were correct and the channels dont work. Time to call comcast back because you want to watch the nba playoffs.

5. Repeat Step 1 until you get to part before waiting. 

6. They finally transfer you to somebody else who you belive is the next level up, but you know comcast and they never do what you expect. Come to find out you're talking to the first person again WOW! (I had to edit that word) 

7. They apologize and then repeat step 1 until before waiting. 

8. You are told that someone will call you tomorrow from higher up to fix the issue.

9. You ask iif they are the same people you recommended to help you in the beginning and why they can't call you now, even though you know the answer

10. The Answer.......Yes and they are closed at 9pm and it is now 8:57.

Conclusion: There never is. Tune in tomorrow for pt.2

Expert

@XRE-03121 wrote:

I would like to tell a story about the code XRE-03121.......If you see this code regular support can't fix it all the way. But here are the steps to fix by comcast rules.

1. initial phone call: You call in, and you will tell them that the strongest system refresh needs to be done just to get the basic channels to work, and only the top techs(who call you) can fix this. They so okay and STILL run the basic system refreashes because its the rules.

2. On the third refresh, which is finally the strongest system refresh, basic channels work again. But wait! None of the others work! Comcast rules says because they ran so many system refreshes you have to wait 30 min to an hour before it works.(You tell them the system needs to be sent to the top techs in order to get this fixed but wait you must)

3. You Wait!

4. Check your channels and to your surprise you were correct and the channels dont work. Time to call comcast back because you want to watch the nba playoffs.

5. Repeat Step 1 until you get to part before waiting. 

6. They finally transfer you to somebody else who you belive is the next level up, but you know comcast and they never do what you expect. Come to find out you're talking to the first person again WOW! (I had to edit that word) 

7. They apologize and then repeat step 1 until before waiting. 

8. You are told that someone will call you tomorrow from higher up to fix the issue.

9. You ask iif they are the same people you recommended to help you in the beginning and why they can't call you now, even though you know the answer

10. The Answer.......Yes and they are closed at 9pm and it is now 8:57.

Conclusion: There never is. Tune in tomorrow for pt.2

did you try pressing the A button on your remote and select/run System refresh?

New Poster

Tried it. But it was just a longer system refresh that doesn't work. 

Thanks for the help though.

I did make progress though. I got transferred to a new department who then resent me back to the beginning. The higher tecs never called me, im not surprised, but I was offered the ability to upgrade my package because that might fix the issue. Then end result was an email sent out to a higher up who should be able to help me tommorrow. 

P.S. Each person that I spoke with made me go through the steps I posted yesterday. 

Expert

@XRE-03121 wrote:

Tried it. But it was just a longer system refresh that doesn't work. 

Thanks for the help though.

I did make progress though. I got transferred to a new department who then resent me back to the beginning. The higher tecs never called me, im not surprised, but I was offered the ability to upgrade my package because that might fix the issue. Then end result was an email sent out to a higher up who should be able to help me tommorrow. 

P.S. Each person that I spoke with made me go through the steps I posted yesterday. 

if the system refresh didn't fix it, call 800-Comcast and select billing. ask the agent to perform a deep, background account refresh (process takes up to an hour to complete).

New Poster

That was the new department I was transferred to.

New Poster

Thank you for the tip!

The System Refresh fixed the error for HBO cannels.

Cheers!

New Poster

I've been getting this message too. I have 6 TVs, and have had 6 for about 7 years now. Comcast just told me that 2 weeks ago all but 1 TV were removed from my account. No idea how that happened or who authorized it, but all TVs worked last night, even though they were supposedly removed 2 weeks ago. Now I'm being told I will be charged to add the TVs back onto the account. Comcast better seriously hope that Verizon or Google internet service doesn't make it to my address anytime soon. I guess this is what happens when you order enough services to get hooked into a contract, <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">.

Silver Problem Solver

@dalepmay wrote:

I've been getting this message too. I have 6 TVs, and have had 6 for about 7 years now. Comcast just told me that 2 weeks ago all but 1 TV were removed from my account. No idea how that happened or who authorized it, but all TVs worked last night, even though they were supposedly removed 2 weeks ago. Now I'm being told I will be charged to add the TVs back onto the account. Comcast better seriously hope that Verizon or Google internet service doesn't make it to my address anytime soon. I guess this is what happens when you order enough services to get hooked into a contract, <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">.

Have you been checking the details in your monthly Comcast Statement?  It shows what you are paying for.