Community Forum

XRE 03121

New Poster

Re: XRE 03121

can you hel me with my account? i have been getting this error message sine i got the service and had a tech come out on the 18th who swapped out my box but its still not fixed. 

Regular Visitor

Re: XRE 03121

I’m having the same issue since Saturday on channel 670. I’ve called 1800comcast yesterday and was instructed to power cycle the box. It didn’t resolve the issues and was told they will back. Didnt get a call back so I called just now, the rep stated there’s a power outage and that might be the reason for the error. I power cycle the box again, did a system refresh and restart but nothing. It’s really frustrating and a waste of time since have to call again later.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: XRE 03121

If all else fails, call 1800comcast.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Re: XRE 03121

Hello all. 

 

Please send me a private message with your full name and account info so I can assist you with this error message. 

 

KenF


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: XRE 03121

Hi all,

 

Similar issue here. HBO and Showtime were both giving me the XRE - 03121 error for about the last two weeks. I power cycled my primary cable box and then performed a system refresh. Now it tells me that I need to subscribe to both HBO and Showtime. 

 

Truth be told, I'm not sure which package I had that was giving me access to those channels, so maybe they expired? In any case, it seems weird to get the error message and then tell me I'm not subscribed. 

 

I'll PM ComcastKenF and hopefully he can help Smiley Happy

 

Mike

Official Employee

Re: XRE 03121

 

mizzow00, it can be one of two things: 

 

We need to send a signal to remind your account that you have those premium channels, or you were on a promotion that fell off completely when it expired. We'll chat in private message. 

 

KenF


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: XRE 03121

I just received my new box for the new package on Wednesday... 

Everything seem to be working OK... tonight I got home and watched a movie on HBO - after I went to regular TV and can't get any channels above a certain number... and when I go to ceratin channels it automatically goes to the 800... like I punch in channel 11 and it goes to 811?? 

And the error message I get all the channels is XRE 03121

Silver Problem Solver

Re: XRE 03121


Katchris wrote:

I just received my new box for the new package on Wednesday... 

Everything seem to be working OK... tonight I got home and watched a movie on HBO - after I went to regular TV and can't get any channels above a certain number... and when I go to ceratin channels it automatically goes to the 800... like I punch in channel 11 and it goes to 811?? 

And the error message I get all the channels is XRE 03121


Start by rebooting the X1 box.  Which model do you have?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Re: XRE 03121

 

Katchris, XRE 03121 is a conditional access error. Your cable box is attempting to tune to a live channel but there is a delay in checking the channels you're entitled to so the tune is interrupted and this error posts. Typically this happens when a repackage of your channel line up was done. We'll need to refresh your cable box and reapply the code that tells it the channel line up you are subscribed to. Please private message me so I can help. 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: XRE 03121

Hello,

Last night I turned on my boyfriend & I's TV to ID Discovery's channel and was getting the below attached error message XRE-03121. Ironically all other channels were working fine, which is frustrating as ID Discovery is almost the only channel we watch, LOL. I reset the TV box and refreshed the system too which did not fix the problem both ID Discovery Regular & HD still were showing the error message. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated - thank you!

 

 

Xfinity Error.jpg

Xfinity Error.jpg
Regular Visitor

Re: XRE 03121

Same problem here with ID discovery.
New Poster

Re: XRE 03121

I'm getting this error code for every channel all day. Need help ASAP PLEASE !!
Expert

Re: XRE 03121


Kcantu80 wrote:
I'm getting this error code for every channel all day. Need help ASAP PLEASE !!

Hi, follow the directions in the 4th post above yours (from a Comcast Official Employee).



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: XRE 03121

Hi Ken,

I am having the same issue with the XRE 03121 error message as well, and cannot seem to access a few specific channels. You seem to have been able to help other customers resolve this issue, can I please ask for your assistance?

Thanks!

Expert

Re: XRE 03121


drebs228 wrote:

Hi Ken,

I am having the same issue with the XRE 03121 error message as well, and cannot seem to access a few specific channels. You seem to have been able to help other customers resolve this issue, can I please ask for your assistance?

Thanks!


Hi, follow the directions in the 5th post above yours (from a Comcast Official Employee).



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: XRE 03121

I have tried every piece of advice offered here and was on a phonecall with 1800comcast for about an hour and still no success. They said they would need to send someone out to check the connection.

Expert

Re: XRE 03121


vanhalen122 wrote:

I have tried every piece of advice offered here and was on a phonecall with 1800comcast for about an hour and still no success. They said they would need to send someone out to check the connection.


Hi, follow the directions in the 7th post above yours (from a Comcast Official Employee).



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: XRE 03121

Now... If it was only possible to figure out how to PM you. LOL!!! 

Expert

Re: XRE 03121


mtnbiker3000 wrote:

Now... If it was only possible to figure out how to PM you. LOL!!! 


the direction on how to send the PM is there in the Official Employee post. Are you having the 03121 error?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

XRE-03121 Error displaying for all channels

Hello,

 

After having had comcast for several months suddenly all my channels are unaccessible and all list the error code XRE-03121 as the reason why. Please assist.

 

Official Employee

Re: XRE-03121 Error displaying for all channels

Are you seeing this on all devices in the home? Can you try restarting your main device to see if that resolves it?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: XRE 03121

Yes!!! 2 days now with no signal...

Regular Visitor

Re: XRE-03121 Error displaying for all channels

I am also experiencing the same issue with all previous reccomendations not resolving the issue. I have had the issue for 2 days now.

Regular Visitor

Re: XRE-03121 Error displaying for all channels

I have this same problem for ID discovery only. Have called and spent several hours on the phone with techs that keep trying to convince me that we don't get that channel... except we had been getting that channel just fine up until a week ago, and it still shows up on our channel line up. Even the high level support had no idea what this error code meant and then just defaulted to claiming we don't get this channel. Really infuriating.
Expert

Re: XRE-03121 Error displaying for all channels


M0d0c99 wrote:
I have this same problem for ID discovery only. Have called and spent several hours on the phone with techs that keep trying to convince me that we don't get that channel... except we had been getting that channel just fine up until a week ago, and it still shows up on our channel line up. Even the high level support had no idea what this error code meant and then just defaulted to claiming we don't get this channel. Really infuriating.

using a smart device and the Xfinity My Account App, select the TV tab and at the top is a link to all the channels that are included in your subscription at the moment. Does the channel you are having issues with appear in that list of channels?



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: XRE-03121 Error displaying for all channels

Yes, ID discovery shows up in my channel lineup in the app, on the website, on my "free to you" list of channels on the TV Guide. I definitely have it. The service technicians just decide I don't get that channel after they exhaust all the possible solutions they can think of. And then they try to get me to upgrade to a bigger package.

Also, I have had done a system refresh on my end, and had them do it on their end. No help.
Expert

Re: XRE-03121 Error displaying for all channels


M0d0c99 wrote:
Yes, ID discovery shows up in my channel lineup in the app, on the website, on my "free to you" list of channels on the TV Guide. I definitely have it. The service technicians just decide I don't get that channel after they exhaust all the possible solutions they can think of. And then they try to get me to upgrade to a bigger package.

Also, I have had done a system refresh on my end, and had them do it on their end. No help.

call 800-Comcast and select billing.ask the representative to perform a deep background account refresh (will take up to an hour). Log out of the app and back in and your stream channels should be OK.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: XRE-03121 Error displaying for all channels

Thank you RustyBen. I did that, they continue to claim I don't get that channel, and won't do a deep system refresh. They can't explain what the XRE 03121 error is, or why this channel shows up as in my lineup, or why I got it up til a week ago. I give up.
New Poster

Re: XRE 03121

Hi, i have been seeing this code for a week now on ID ( 909). I called more than once and then had it, they keep doing the same thing ove and over again. so i thought ill chat, same thing. I keep gettign the error. 

 

i am out of options to solve this issue with multiple refersh, reboot unplug and plug and more than 2 hours on the phone. 

 

is there a solution for this error? 

New Poster

Re: XRE 03121

Hi Good Evening, Sir.

 

I have the same problem.

New Poster

Error message xre-03121

I get this error message when I try to watch tcm(Turner Classic Movies) on both of my dvr's but on my 2 standard boxes they are fine. So i cannot acces the hd channel of tcm.
Expert

Re: Error message xre-03121


Pineland2 wrote:
I get this error message when I try to watch tcm(Turner Classic Movies) on both of my dvr's but on my 2 standard boxes they are fine. So i cannot acces the hd channel of tcm.

Hi, I moved your post to this related thread. look 10 posts above yours for the comcast employee and follow the directions to private message him. 



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: XRE 03121

I'm having the same issue on multiple channels. I restated. Still happening.
Expert

Re: XRE 03121


Di03 wrote:
I'm having the same issue on multiple channels. I restated. Still happening.

please see the post just above your post.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Error Code XRE-03121 on ID Channel

I’ve been unable to watch ID Channel 909 for over a week. I receive error message XRE-03121. I went through all of the system refresh steps that the chat rep instructed me to do, nothing worked. She then informed me that there was an update on our boxes, so I’d have the channel in an hour. So I waited an hour - still not working. Can this please be resolved? I actually love this channel.
New Poster

XRE 03121

XRE 03121 is showing up on every channel
New Poster

Re: XRE 03121

Hello Ken. Having the 03121 on multiple channels today. Was fine yesterday.
Expert

Re: XRE 03121

please see the post near top of page 2 (direct link http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/XRE-03121/m-p/3014744/highlight/true#M141941 )



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

XRE-03121 out of blue all channels

Your service is acting up again.

Far from the first time that I have been met with your characteristically disgusting lack of reliability, suddenly and without warning every channel is now showing XRE-03121. A system refresh — which should NEVER be needed since you owe your customers 24x7x366 100% uptime or else you are committing an intentional fraud — does nothing since you have done such a fraudulently lousy job of designing and executing this criminally unreliable system.

I want this fixed immediately or legal action will ensue. I was smart enough to opt out of that arbitration agreement, which was designed specifically to insulate Comcast from accounting for its criminality and fraud in a court of law.
Expert

Re: XRE-03121 out of blue all channels


ItDontWork4Me wrote:
Your service is acting up again.

Far from the first time that I have been met with your characteristically disgusting lack of reliability, suddenly and without warning every channel is now showing XRE-03121. A system refresh — which should NEVER be needed since you owe your customers 24x7x366 100% uptime or else you are committing an intentional fraud — does nothing since you have done such a fraudulently lousy job of designing and executing this criminally unreliable system.

I want this fixed immediately or legal action will ensue. I was smart enough to opt out of that arbitration agreement, which was designed specifically to insulate Comcast from accounting for its criminality and fraud in a court of law.

Hi, I moved your post to this thread. please click on this direct link to directions from Comcast Employee. https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/XRE-03121/m-p/3009847/highlight/true#M141405



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: XRE 03121

 

Hello ZacD1221, I can assist you with getting this error message cleared up. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: XRE 03121

Is there a fix in place yet?  I'd like to be able to use the service I pay for.

Expert

Re: XRE 03121


Nuckingfuts wrote:

Is there a fix in place yet?  I'd like to be able to use the service I pay for.


yes, see the post just before your post.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Sports Entertainment Package Error

I've used Xfinity TV and been very pleased with the sports entertainment package, but my NBA League Pass is suddenly not working. 

The error message I receive says XRE 03121. It appears that every other channel works for now except the League Pass channels. Hoping someone might be able to help, thank you!

New Poster

XRE 0321

I have just signed up for cable service. I go in the dvr settings and set it to display free to me channels. I get several channels that display xre03121 error. After a week of tech support calls and two technicians coming to my house I was called by a rude employee who informed me I was never going to get these channels working. They said they are not part of my package, however they show up on my free to me guide, on my channel lineup when I log in and on my app. I can even stream them. What’s the deal! Ever since that rude phone call everyone tells me it’s not part of my package but 7-8 calls prior and 2 tech visits nobody could figure this out. This is a very confusing and sneaky tactic to try and squeeze more money from me. If I get the channels I want them, if I do not I don’t want to see them!
Expert

Re: XRE 0321

please see @ComcastAmir's post a few posts above your post.



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

error xre03121

I am getting error xre03121 on my tvs when I try to watch CBS (channel 189). Any fixes to my problem?

Expert

Re: XRE 0321


Inttech wrote:
I have just signed up for cable service. I go in the dvr settings and set it to display free to me channels. I get several channels that display xre03121 error. After a week of tech support calls and two technicians coming to my house I was called by a rude employee who informed me I was never going to get these channels working. They said they are not part of my package, however they show up on my free to me guide, on my channel lineup when I log in and on my app. I can even stream them. What’s the deal! Ever since that rude phone call everyone tells me it’s not part of my package but 7-8 calls prior and 2 tech visits nobody could figure this out. This is a very confusing and sneaky tactic to try and squeeze more money from me. If I get the channels I want them, if I do not I don’t want to see them!

your post is out of chronological order which is strange. If you read above and below your post look for the RED letter username replies. they ask you to send some information to the Comcast Employee so they can access your account and fix the problem. 



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: error xre03121

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: XRE 03121

I have been having same issue with a few channels, one that I can think of now is HLN channel #40. I get the XRE 03121 message and after it tries for a little while to get it. I tried system refresh as well as restart. Neither fixed problem. I was hoping maybe this solution would work for me.
Screenshot_2017-12-28-10-34-49.png