Community Forum

XRE 03121

Regular Visitor

Re: XRE 03121

It has been confirmed it is part of my lineup. I watch it when I use the stream app, a tech is coming tomorrow but I was hoping to resolve this before hand. I guess that won't happen at this point I'll be spending another day trying to solve this.
Official Employee

darkangel91 - I got your private message and will reply back in a minute. Thank you so much for reaching out to our team!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I keep getting this error on the weather channel. It works on the stream app, but not the set top box. I have unplugged the box, done a reset, and it still isn't working. Comcast rep has confirmed that I do get the channel, but I keep getting an error when I try and tune into it.
Expert

@LoriC_TN wrote:
I keep getting this error on the weather channel. It works on the stream app, but not the set top box. I have unplugged the box, done a reset, and it still isn't working. Comcast rep has confirmed that I do get the channel, but I keep getting an error when I try and tune into it.

please press the "A" button on your remote and run the system refresh. working?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

I have done that and it still isn't working.
Official Employee

Hi, LoriC_TN! Thank you for posting! I can check if there are any issues with your box or Weather channel. Please send me a private message and include your full name, the account holder's name as it's listed on the billing statement. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.  

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Went to turn on Comedy Central and it came up with this error and now says I need to add the subscription to my account.  Why is this happening after so many years of use?  

If there is a problem let me knwo what to do. 

Official Employee

Hello, jspogue2! Thank you for posting in our community! You may receive the XRE 03121 for Comedy Central if it was removed from your current channel lineup. I can check that and I got your private message. Please check your inbox. 

New Poster

I’m having this same issue. Can someone take a look at my account please?
Official Employee

Hi jedphilpot! Thanks for reaching out about your error code on your TV! XRE 03121 appears because the main video gateway temporarily had a communication issue with the cable card, causing the device to receive a conditional access error. Let's get it fixed! Please send me a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side.  

Regular Visitor

I did not have this problem earlier today but 4 hours later I do. Other cable boxes are fine, I can only view channels 800-812, nothing else. I did the system refresh, didn't work. Any suggestions?

Pat Toman

Silver Problem Solver

@attom50 wrote:

I did not have this problem earlier today but 4 hours later I do. Other cable boxes are fine, I can only view channels 800-812, nothing else. I did the system refresh, didn't work. Any suggestions?

Pat Toman

Shot in the dark:

You may want to call 800-Comcast and select TV. ask the agent to run the internal troubleshooting guide (einstein) and let it test your line.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I'm having the problem the only thing that changed was that I added a new Samsung tv
Official Employee

Wholeplanthealt, XRE 03121 is a conditional access error due to a communication issue with the cable card. Let's get this resolved. Please send me a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side.  

New Poster

Error message XRE-03121

I upgraded my package and installed my new box this evening. However, I am not receiving any of the additional channels included in my new package. I'm getting a XRE-03121 error message. I still get a few basic channels (the ones included on my old package; about 20 or so) but not the 140+ channels included with my new package. I have reset the equipment several times. Nothing has changed. I was receiving all my new chanels with the old box. This is extremely frustrating. Any help woyls be appreciated!!
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Error message XRE-03121

@Anshirley74 wrote:
I upgraded my package and installed my new box this evening. However, I am not receiving any of the additional channels included in my new package. I'm getting a XRE-03121 error message. I still get a few basic channels (the ones included on my old package; about 20 or so) but not the 140+ channels included with my new package. I have reset the equipment several times. Nothing has changed. I was receiving all my new chanels with the old box. This is extremely frustrating. Any help woyls be appreciated!!

I found this:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/XRE-03121/m-p/3001145/highlight/true#M140395

HTH

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I am also receiving the XRE-03121 error for the Outdoor Channel, has a resolution been determined?

Frequent Visitor

We have been getting this same error message since changing our cable package on August 26th ...We have to be at home for the tech to come out but we work...besides that the issue is not on this end anyway and signal strengh is great. This is nuts

Frequent Visitor

XRE-03121

Changed my cable package between Aug 24/26 nothing but trouble the very next day with this error code...have performed all trouble shooting steps alone and with agent after agent day after day night after night on the phone have checked signal strength and was very good and not an issue anyway. Was to have a tech to come out and had to change appointment a few times because of work and well just plain life period. Something was entered wrongly and the problem persist on the othe end of this spectrum because we have had 2 neighbors change their cable packages lately with the same result so hmmmm I also see this has been a major problem with xfinity for a long while......any new resolutions? bout ready to go with the dish this has become  very annoying!

Expert

Re: XRE-03121

@jbtb128 wrote:

Changed my cable package between Aug 24/26 nothing but trouble the very next day with this error code...have performed all trouble shooting steps alone and with agent after agent day after day night after night on the phone have checked signal strength and was very good and not an issue anyway. Was to have a tech to come out and had to change appointment a few times because of work and well just plain life period. Something was entered wrongly and the problem persist on the othe end of this spectrum because we have had 2 neighbors change their cable packages lately with the same result so hmmmm I also see this has been a major problem with xfinity for a long while......any new resolutions? bout ready to go with the dish this has become  very annoying!

press the A button on your comcast remote and run the sytem refresh. working?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

No sorry...have tried that several times
New Poster

Recently upgraded my sports package and have been having the same error code.
Official Employee

Hi everyone. Aside from the system refresh, have any of you attempted to manually unplug the main box (if you have more than one cable box) and plug it back in after a few seconds?

Regular Visitor

@Comcast_Support wrote:

Hi everyone. Aside from the system refresh, have any of you attempted to manually unplug the main box (if you have more than one cable box) and plug it back in after a few seconds?

I've manually unplugged the box and plugged it back in and also did a system refresh.  I am still getting the XRE-03121 error message on a channel that is included in my plan.  Please advise.

Frequent Visitor

Did all steps possible finally tech came and changed out splitters then told me that xfinity was dropping alot of package channels and not telling their customers mostly because they aren't even aware themselves...I was promised before hand I would not lose certain channels and now they say too late can't change back that was a grandfathered plan....either educate employees better or stop bsing wow!
Expert

@dlaude wrote:

@Comcast_Support wrote:

I've manually unplugged the box and plugged it back in and also did a system refresh.  I am still getting the XRE-03121 error message on a channel that is included in my plan.  Please advise.

press the "A" button on your remote and perform the system refresh menu item.

Expert

@jbtb128 wrote:
Did all steps possible finally tech came and changed out splitters then told me that xfinity was dropping alot of package channels and not telling their customers mostly because they aren't even aware themselves...I was promised before hand I would not lose certain channels and now they say too late can't change back that was a grandfathered plan....either educate employees better or stop bsing wow!

did you press the "A" button on your remote and perform the system refresh menu option? you can see the current channels in your subscription by using the xfinity my account app and select the TV tab and the link at the top for subscribed channels. 

Frequent Visitor

Hello and thank you and yes we tried everything but problem was we had Xfinity telling us to calm down and wait and the channels would appear soon...then it was ..well a tech will come out it's your main box...well nope box was fine and only changed splitters because other boxes wouldn't connect off main box and they removed 2 amps and now we can't even install the next one which is a self install we didn't want to pay for them to do this and now they will have to come back again. This has been nothing but a circle of events and been going on since about august 26th. We are moving to direct tv within a month most likely.
Regular Visitor

@Rustyben wrote:

@dlaude wrote:

@Comcast_Support wrote:

Does it usually take a few attempts at that before it actually works?  I did that already (as stated in my first comment) and it didn't work.

Highlighted
Expert

@dlaude wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@dlaude wrote:

@Comcast_Support wrote:

Does it usually take a few attempts at that before it actually works?  I did that already (as stated in my first comment) and it didn't work.

no, it is usually 'one' and done.

New Poster

XRE-03121 error code after upgrade to X1

I upgraded my TV and internet service to X1 and XFi, respectively. My internet service works fine but almost every channel (save for 3-4 channels) is giving me an XRE-03121 error message. The message stated that this can happen due to recent account changes, but it’s been a week now and still nothing. I’ve tried restarting the box multiple times and done a system refresh twice. I read online that this is usually the result of entitlement errors, does anyone have any success resolving this?

Expert

Re: XRE-03121 error code after upgrade to X1

@OnTheBeach58 wrote:

I upgraded my TV and internet service to X1 and XFi, respectively. My internet service works fine but almost every channel (save for 3-4 channels) is giving me an XRE-03121 error message. The message stated that this can happen due to recent account changes, but it’s been a week now and still nothing. I’ve tried restarting the box multiple times and done a system refresh twice. I read online that this is usually the result of entitlement errors, does anyone have any success resolving this?

did you try pressing the A button on the remote and doing an account refresh menu option?

New Poster

Yes, twice.

Regular Contributor

My problem  XRE-03121 had to be fixed remotely

New Poster

Error 03121 after upgrade

Similar to other subscribers, were not getting our full channel lineup after upgrade. New box, new channels result in error code. Advice?
Expert

Re: Error 03121 after upgrade

@SharpSkates wrote:
Similar to other subscribers, were not getting our full channel lineup after upgrade. New box, new channels result in error code. Advice?

do you see the missing channels on the myAccount app (TV tab and touch the my channel lineup link)? does the stream app/website have the missing channels? did you try running the "A button" menu for system refresh?

New Poster

Yes, lineup is viewable on the app and the box has been refreshed.
Frequent Visitor

Comcast has admitted to me this is an account issue...over one month later no resolution...i have filed an online complaint with the fcc this is ridiculous...good luck to you!
New Poster

After a call to Customer Service they were able to resolve issue. We now have access to our full channel lineup.
New Poster

The system refresh suggested cleared the XRE 03121 code! Thanks!
New Poster

This did not fix my problem (assuming that account refresh is the same as system refresh) and for some reason I cannot schedule a call back. Tried setting up a call to Comcast a week ago (3 times) and no call back. I watch one channel 85% of the time and I’m a brand new customer. If they monitor these posts they should know I have no loyalty and I’m good with cancelling my service. Not paying for a service I can’t use.

Any one else havevv BBC a solution besides cancellation?
Expert

@Sara421 wrote:
This did not fix my problem (assuming that account refresh is the same as system refresh) and for some reason I cannot schedule a call back. Tried setting up a call to Comcast a week ago (3 times) and no call back. I watch one channel 85% of the time and I’m a brand new customer. If they monitor these posts they should know I have no loyalty and I’m good with cancelling my service. Not paying for a service I can’t use.

Any one else havevv BBC a solution besides cancellation?

are you an x1 home customer (no business internet nor business cable TV)?

Regular Contributor

I'm having this error on my Center Ice stations--starting last night which was the beginning of the paid subscription. Last week, I had verified my CI subscription at my local office then later through CS Billing. I see the channels on the roku beta app, on my pc, and on my phone; however, we get the XRE-03121 error on my set-top box (PX013ANC) and its daughter box. I've done the box reset (uplugged/replugged) and the system refresh as suggested.  

I don't know if it will help, but I'm on my way to our local to see if they can do anything.

EDIT: not help, there. FWIW, I'm an X1 home cutomer.

Regular Contributor

@ritchea wrote:

I'm having this error on my Center Ice stations--starting last night which was the beginning of the paid subscription. Last week, I had verified my CI subscription at my local office then later through CS Billing. I see the channels on the roku beta app, on my pc, and on my phone; however, we get the XRE-03121 error on my set-top box (PX013ANC) and its daughter box. I've done the box reset (uplugged/replugged) and the system refresh as suggested.  

I don't know if it will help, but I'm on my way to our local to see if they can do anything.

I have the same problem now 2 years in a row.  After my MLB extra innings ends, these error messages appear on all the package's channels.  After numerous methods used last spring, it took a supervisor at my head end to undo it remotely.  Unfortunately, it is not easy to be put in contact with the supervisor, so I have no free preview of NHL center ice-just 03121 error messages.

Regular Contributor

We did have the free preview--on our boxes. Of the five years we've subscribed to Center Ice, only last year went smoothly. I assume it's because I was on the phone changing my plan and also requesting CI.
I need an can agent here to please tell me the most direct route (including any special phone connections) to get my issue fixed.
Regular Visitor

I’m getting the same message for center ice channels. Have called twice been on the phone forever they sent many reboots/refresh but still not working. How do I resolve this? So frustrating
Frequent Visitor

YMMV but after filing an fcc complaint my prob was finally fixed late yesterday eve had been on since late august.was told it was a tuning error on comcast end after comcast updated all packages.
Regular Contributor

I did the second system reset this morning. The error message disappeared, but so did my streaming access. It was a code error which has been fixed.

New Poster

I am having the same trouble with FS1. I have tried restarting and system refresh, but nothing is working