Community Forum

XRE-03092: "Unable to play video..." NO SUPPORT AVAILABLE

New Poster

XRE-03092: "Unable to play video..." NO SUPPORT AVAILABLE

I was directed to the support section of the website which provided me the text for the error message with instructions to go to the forums to find the solution. Unfortunately, the forum pointed me back to the support section therefore creating a loop with no resolution to the problem. 

Error message: XRE-03092: "Unable to play video. Please wait a few minutes, and try again or choose another video. Our service team has been notified of this issue, and they are working to fix it."

The last sentence led me to believe someone was "working to fix it" but after 2 weeks I figure that the message was just poorly written. Please let me know what I need to do. I've already tried the reboot sequence multiple times with no difference in experience. I have the same experience on my other boxes so I know it's not the equipment unless both boxes have failed. Maybe that's a bad assumption on my part. This is extremely frustrating to pay for a service that is constantly inoperable.

What are the actual steps needed to resolve this issue?

Official Employee

Re: XRE-03092: "Unable to play video..." NO SUPPORT AVAILABLE

TomC38 wrote:

I was directed to the support section of the website which provided me the text for the error message with instructions to go to the forums to find the solution. Unfortunately, the forum pointed me back to the support section therefore creating a loop with no resolution to the problem. 

Error message: XRE-03092: "Unable to play video. Please wait a few minutes, and try again or choose another video. Our service team has been notified of this issue, and they are working to fix it."

The last sentence led me to believe someone was "working to fix it" but after 2 weeks I figure that the message was just poorly written. Please let me know what I need to do. I've already tried the reboot sequence multiple times with no difference in experience. I have the same experience on my other boxes so I know it's not the equipment unless both boxes have failed. Maybe that's a bad assumption on my part. This is extremely frustrating to pay for a service that is constantly inoperable.

What are the actual steps needed to resolve this issue?

It's possible your dvr has gone bad. And because your secondary boxes rely on tuners from the dvr, if the dvr goes the other boxes won't work. I tried re-initializing it to see if it makes a difference, if that doesn't work, you should get it swapped out.

New Poster

I did not have any issues getting my recorded shows to play. It was only when I tried to play content from On Demand. 

Now I am receiving error RDK-03053. I reset the power on the main and I can get to On Demand content on that box but not the others. They still show the XRE-03092. 

Is it common for the equipment to fail after 8 months of use?  The wording on the 03092 message is extremely misleading and wrong. 

I also have not received my promotional gift card which based on all my experiences, isn't surprised. 

Tags (1)
New Poster

THIS IS NOT SOLVED

Silver Problem Solver

TomC38 wrote:

The wording on the 03092 message is extremely misleading and wrong. 

Welcome to the world of technology. Where companies cater their error messages to the masses that are morons, and oversimplify to the point where it actually overcomplicates.

Just say what the problem is already!

New Poster

Exactly. The purpose of the error code itself isn't for my benefit but for the benefit of the support personnel. Still I'm just given a generic answer that's no different than the old "reboot your computer" trick.

i guess I'll now have to waste my time for someone to come to my house to swap out 8 month old equipment. I might as well schedule the follow up in another 8 months. 

Silver Problem Solver

I had that issue because I had a compromised coax cable.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

Same problem, same result .. NOTHING!!! Replaced box with new box and problem is WORSE!!! MONEY BACK
Silver Problem Solver

Bertrtand wrote:
Same problem, same result .. NOTHING!!! Replaced box with new box and problem is WORSE!!! MONEY BACK

Can you give us more detail?  When do you get this error?  Is it only when you try to watch On Demand?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.