Community Forum

XRE-03056 and XRE-00021 HELPPP!!!!

Frequent Visitor

XRE-03056 and XRE-00021 HELPPP!!!!

Had technician install new cable line outside today and hook my equipment up. He had to leave before activation so he let me know how to do self activation. I was successful for the internet, but I have had ZERO luck with X1!!! I have spent countless hours on the phone with Comcast today to get my cable tv working with no Success! I am getting the error codes XRE-03056 then when i go to change channels I am getting XRE-00021 code! OnDemand works just fine.. just no Live TV. Have reset box like 50 times, used the tech support on My account app, called in, and still nothing! WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!?! I am about to throw this Comcast stuff in the garbage and call DirectTv...:Smiley Sad

Expert

Re: XRE-03056 and XRE-00021 HELPPP!!!!

ericerb1989,

The Comcast Team available to the Forums has been alerted to your issue. Expect a reply in this thread or via Private Message.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thanks geek! I really am discouraged about this whole situation.... It has been a nightmare thus far...
Official Employee

Hi ericerb1989,  looking into this issue the boxes appear to be inventoried wrong, which can cause issues but I dont know if it would cause this issue.  I went ahead and sent a reconnect hit, can you please retest and if you are still experiencing issues, I will send to local escalations. 

Thank you

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Still having the issue Phill! Just tried it 2:16 est time
Official Employee

Thank you for the reply, I will get this sent to the local escalation team for more visibility of your issue. I will be sending you private messages with updates.

Thank you for your patience 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Please do. i jut want to be able to watch Live tv already! All that on demand stuff is great but I need me some FOOTBALL!
Frequent Visitor

Finally got them to send a technician tonight at 8pm and turns out both boxes were faulty. Replaced both boxes and everything is working now! Whats the chances I would have that bad of luck to have both boxes fail before even getting to use them! Looks like 3rd time for the tech to come out was the charm...! What a freaking headache!!

Official Employee

Hi ericerb1989, Thank you for the update, and I am glad that everything is now working. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns in the future and I will gladly assist.

Thank you

New Poster

I'm having the same issue. Talked with customer service for like a hour two days ago, don't really have time to be sitting on the phone. I have a one and half year old and he doesn't cooperate for that long of stretches. Please help. Reset many times, switched input cables. Internet works fine on the splitter, but not cable. On demand functions but no T.V.

Expert

greenman44 wrote:

I'm having the same issue. Talked with customer service for like a hour two days ago, don't really have time to be sitting on the phone. I have a one and half year old and he doesn't cooperate for that long of stretches. Please help. Reset many times, switched input cables. Internet works fine on the splitter, but not cable. On demand functions but no T.V.

what did the x1 tech support team say at 877-896-8678?

Have you asked them to activate your cloud DVR and streaming service? if so, did you check the stream using an app or web browser at xtv.comcast.net ?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

They just had me reset the cable box with no sucess. 

Silver Problem Solver

Have them send out a Comcast tech.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

This is a very very late reply but I wanted to reply now in case anyone is facing this issue still.  Woke up this morning and was facing this exact issue.  Everything was working fine last night.  After being on the phone with Comcast for over 1 hour, and being passed through 4 people, the last tech was able to fix it.  I asked her what was wrong and she said, "your firmware was outdated.  I sent a new signal to refresh it."  The funny thing here is that 2 previous agents did the same thing (resent the signal) and it didn't work.  I wonder if Comcast has "different levels" of signal they said.

We are scheduled to have Verizon to come out in 3 days and install Fios so right now, I could care less about Comcast/xfinitiy.  I strongly encourage all of you to do the same thing I am doing.

New Poster

I am having same issue with both boxes. How can I get an reactivation hit or whatever that some people say helped. I think that may be the problem as boxes never worked since I got them. Internet is fine and have redone all wiring and think many they didn't register my boxes when sent to me
Silver Problem Solver

@Didhedoit wrote:
I am having same issue with both boxes. How can I get an reactivation hit or whatever that some people say helped. I think that may be the problem as boxes never worked since I got them. Internet is fine and have redone all wiring and think many they didn't register my boxes when sent to me

Did you try calling 1800comcast?

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

It’s not an activation hit you need. You need a tech out and/or double check your wiring. Your dvr is showing offline. Unrelated to X1, your modem’s upstream levels are at a 55 (should be under 51) and the downstream level channels (there are 24) range from a -51 to -7. All should be at a -10 or better. Definitely something going on with your signal

New Poster

I've just signed up for Triple Play, getting the same error.  Have been internet subscriber for years.   Was on support chat last night restarting box what seems like 50 times, guy even had me replace the HDMI cable for some reason?????  Even this morning I went as far as taking the DVR box down the basement with a 19" TV and tried directly off the main line coming into the house with the modem splitter removed.  Same result.

@ComcastAndrew can you help?

Official Employee

Is this on some channels? All channels?

New Poster

haven't found a channel yet that works.

here's the dump from my modem if it helps:

Downstream Bonded Channels
Channel Lock Status Modulation Channel ID Frequency Power SNR Correctables Uncorrectables
1 Locked QAM256 13 651000000 Hz -3.6 dBmV 43.1 dB 0 0
2 Locked QAM256 14 657000000 Hz -3.9 dBmV 42.8 dB 0 0
3 Locked QAM256 15 663000000 Hz -4.1 dBmV 42.7 dB 0 0
4 Locked QAM256 16 669000000 Hz -3.8 dBmV 42.9 dB 0 0
5 Locked QAM256 18 681000000 Hz -4.1 dBmV 42.6 dB 0 0
6 Locked QAM256 19 687000000 Hz -4.2 dBmV 42.4 dB 0 0
7 Locked QAM256 20 693000000 Hz -4.6 dBmV 42.4 dB 0 0
8 Locked QAM256 21 699000000 Hz -4.3 dBmV 42.5 dB 0 0
9 Locked QAM256 25 723000000 Hz -5.1 dBmV 41.7 dB 0 0
10 Locked QAM256 26 729000000 Hz -5.9 dBmV 41.1 dB 0 0
11 Locked QAM256 27 735000000 Hz -5.2 dBmV 41.4 dB 0 0
12 Locked QAM256 28 741000000 Hz -5.6 dBmV 41.1 dB 1 0
13 Locked QAM256 30 747000000 Hz -6 dBmV 40.6 dB 0 0
14 Locked QAM256 31 753000000 Hz -6 dBmV 40.6 dB 0 0
15 Locked QAM256 32 759000000 Hz -6.9 dBmV 40.2 dB 1 0
16 Locked QAM256 33 765000000 Hz -6.2 dBmV 40.5 dB 1 0

Upstream Bonded Channels
Channel Lock Status US Channel Type Channel ID Symbol Rate Frequency Power
1 Locked ATDMA 1 5120 Ksym/sec 35800000 Hz 45 dBmV
2 Locked ATDMA 2 5120 Ksym/sec 29400000 Hz 44.5 dBmV
3 Locked ATDMA 3 5120 Ksym/sec 23000000 Hz 43.8 dBmV
4 Locked ATDMA 4 5120 Ksym/sec 16600000 Hz 43 dBmV
Official Employee

Your dvr is activated and looks good. It’s possible if you’ve been a longtime internet only customer, there may be a filter at the tap that’s blocking frequencies from coming in or the box is bad.

New Poster

tech is scheduled for next tuesday so I assume he can check whether there is a filter.   The level 1 we spoke to on the phone suggested I go get a new box, luckily service store is just down the street.  I'll go do that now and see what happens.  Thanks for helping