Community Forum

XRE 03056 Error no CNNHD All Day

Contributor

XRE 03056 Error no CNNHD All Day

Hi, ever since I turned on the television today I haven't been able to watch Channel 423, CNN HD. It tries for a few moments (the three dots) then the message "We're having trouble on our end" XRE 03056, and it switches to whatever channel I watched last. I restarted the box earlier today and it worked for a bit. Came back later, it had changed to a different channel on its own. Tried CNN HD again, same error message. Now I'm trying a "system refresh." Why is this happening, and how can I get it to stop happening?
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: XRE 03056 Error no CNNHD All Day

That’s a tuning error. Every channel comes in on a frequency. Something is impeding that frequency that CNN is coming in on, check all of your connections and possibly have a tech out to troubleshoot further

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Contributor

Hi Andrew, thanks.

I checked all the connections.

I didn't go through every single channel, but from 405 to 430 are all working perfectly except 423 (CNN HD). If it was a connection, wouldn't it likely effect more than that one channel?

Also, it worked after I restarted (for a while), and last night I refreshed, and it worked again (don't know if it will last). The error message actually says "we're having trouble on our end" or something like that.

If it works (for at least a while) after reboots and refreshes, could it still be one of my connections?

Diamond Problem Solver

Every channel comes in on different frequencies and not necessarily in order like they are in the guide. What’s probably happening is the signal for that frequency is right on the edge of working and not working and that’s why it kind of flip flops for you. If you’ve checked all your cables are tight and try to remove any extra splitters(they affect signal levels), you may need a tech out. If you need assistance scheduling one or have other questions, let us know

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Contributor

Thanks.

I wish it was happening on a channel I never watch.

Then I wouldn't even know about it.