Community Forum

XRE-00294 on self-install of X1 DVR

croberts77
Frequent Visitor

XRE-00294 on self-install of X1 DVR

Ok, I got my X1 DVR yesterday and have spent about 6 hours online and on the phone with support trying to get past error XRE-00294, which I get after I enter the last 4 digits of my phone number to activate the box.  I've been promised call backs from at least 2 reps and they failed to deliver and the last guy I talked to said they can get a tech out on Thursday (like 5 days from now) but will need to charge me $60 for the visit since it's "clearly not a problem on our end".  According to the reps, signal levels on the box seem fine and the box shows-up as online for them.  I had to hang up on the last guy because the process had become ridiculous.  Is there any chance a box-swap winds-up solving this?  What else can I try to remedy the situation?  Comcast and I are not off to a great start to say the least.

Thanks

CCAndrew
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: XRE-00294 on self-install of X1 DVR

There’s not much you can do, it’s generally an equipment issue

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
croberts77
Frequent Visitor

Ok, thanks. I'm at the Xfinity store now trying an equipment swap.
croberts77
Frequent Visitor

Hardware swap fixed it. Crazy how often that solves things. Doesn't anyone test their stuff anymore?
Thanks
CCAndrew
Diamond Problem Solver

I’m a field tech so I know exactly what you’re talking about. Thanks for the update

We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Charbrnt42
New Poster

So if an equiptment swap worked then this must mean i have 2 bad x1 boxes have tried everything and nothing works
Vincent1103
New Poster

Comcast boxes are refurbished devices. So it’s not uncommon for boxes to not work properly unfortunately.
CCAndrew
Diamond Problem Solver

Year old dead thread closed