Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

XRE-00294 error on new XiD-P box

New Poster

XRE-00294 error on new XiD-P box

My older companion box died, HDMI port, so I got a new one from the store. 

While trying to active it, I keep getting the XRE-00294 error after language and acc verification check.

Phone calls and chats with XFINITY have gone no where for 2 days.

I checked the firmware, says FIRMWARE UPDATE - FAILED

Last updated, July 12th.

No one has been able to assist so far. Account online does show new box now, says its connected. 

Is it a MoCA issue? Please help

Accepted Solutions
New Poster

Re: XRE-00294 error on new XiD-P box

The remote was working, I did pair it to this new box initially.

Tech came out today, he replaced the box, I guess the one I got at the service center was no good.

I also held the reset button on the modem for over 30 seconds, I thought it was 10 sec.

Thanks

All Replies
New Poster

Forgot to add, the main box I have is the PX001ANM, that is the only other box I have.

It is a new house, line coming from the street comes into an amplifier, CSAPDU9VP - I did just change the Modem from OUT5 to -4dB VoIP OUT, but that did not do the trick either.

The modem I am using is an Arris TG852.

I also have an issue where I can't log into the modem by going to 10.0.0.1. I've tried a hard reset on it, did not work. 

I would like to resolve XiD-P first, unless related.

Thank you ,

Pawel

Expert

try using set up on the remote (press set up until LED turns green) type in 981 and see if it allows you to continue.

Expert

paweljaro7 wrote:

Forgot to add, the main box I have is the PX001ANM, that is the only other box I have.

It is a new house, line coming from the street comes into an amplifier, CSAPDU9VP - I did just change the Modem from OUT5 to -4dB VoIP OUT, but that did not do the trick either.

The modem I am using is an Arris TG852.

I also have an issue where I can't log into the modem by going to 10.0.0.1. I've tried a hard reset on it, did not work. 

I would like to resolve XiD-P first, unless related.

Thank you ,

Pawel

I was poking around on google and found http://m.setuprouter.com/router/arris/tg852/login.htm

New Poster

The remote was working, I did pair it to this new box initially.

Tech came out today, he replaced the box, I guess the one I got at the service center was no good.

I also held the reset button on the modem for over 30 seconds, I thought it was 10 sec.

Thanks