Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

XRE-00071 error on activation?

New Poster

XRE-00071 error on activation?

I have an old moto dvr but today I received an X1 box. The old moto dvr worked fine before and after I tried to activate the new box.

The error I receive when trying to activate is XRE-00071, right after I enter my account number and the last four of my phone number. It says it is a temporary error but it has been like this for a few hours.

Now the reason why I plugged the old box in is because I was on the call with customer support and they said it was a line problem (after he was able to issue several remote resets and a remote activation). The box shows up as connected on My Support as well (green light) and there are no outages listed on heir site. Support said the same as well.

Nothing online even talks about my specific error message (at least not in any detail) and the support tech didn't know what that message was.

Can anyone help me out with this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions
New Poster

Re: XRE-00071 error on activation?

I just tried it again and it seemed to work. I guess it was a temporary issue.

Thanks for your replies! 

All Replies
New Poster

I am having the same issue and the rep couldn't  fix it...did you get this figured out yet?

New Poster

Nope. Still waiting on a reply from tech support...

New Poster

I resolved mine myself.They sent me one cable for the box to the wall and a HD cord for the box to the TV..I went back and thought (mind you it was late)  I do not have the HD box so unhooked the HD cord and got one of the cables from the old box and hooked that up to the box and and the other end to the  antenna plug in on my TV and turned my TV off & back on ..went thru the set up.Put in the last 4 digits of my phone # after selecting my language and all is fine and working after it went thru the set up process.I guess the fact that they sent me an HD cord instead of a cable thru me off and I was just going by the instructions...now I have to get my smaller TV hooked up.That should be a lot simplier.Good Luck to you.

New Poster

I just tried it again and it seemed to work. I guess it was a temporary issue.

Thanks for your replies!