Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

XR8 aim anywhere adapter not changing channels

New Poster

XR8 aim anywhere adapter not changing channels

Hello, 

I have an XR8 IR adapter/Aim Anywhere Adapter with my RNG150N box (Looks like the Pace RNG150N P2) and use a XR2 remote with my Samsung TV. I previously had this working before, but recently unplugged the TV. The cable box was left powered and plugged in and the IR reader was left inside the cable box. Now the remote with the IR reader is not working. 

With my remote, it seems I am able to pair the remote with the XR8 adapter since when I press the channel +/- buttons, the light on the XR8 adapter lights up. However, the channels do not change. I am still able to change the volume on the TV though. 

Also, if I press and hold SETUP button, then press 9-8-7, the remote is able to change channels and change volume on the TV but the XR8 adapter does not light up, thus it seems the remote unpairs with the IR reader. 

Does anyone have any solutions on how to make the XR8 adapter work with my remote so that I am able to change channels again? 

Thanks 

Gold Problem Solver

Re: XR8 aim anywhere adapter not changing channels

Exchange the RNG-150 box and XR2 remote for an XG2 box and an XR11 remote.

Same price. Much better performance and many more features. The RNG-150 is the "mutt" of X1 boxes...

jshahn9 wrote:

Hello, 

I have an XR8 IR adapter/Aim Anywhere Adapter with my RNG150N box and use a XR2 remote with my Samsung TV. I previously had this working before, but recently unplugged the TV. The cable box was left powered and plugged in and the IR reader was left inside the cable box. Now the remote with the IR reader is not working. 

With my remote, it seems I am able to pair the remote with the XR8 adapter since when I press the channel +/- buttons, the light on the XR8 adapter lights up. However, the channels do not change. I am still able to change the volume on the TV though. 

Also, if I press and hold SETUP button, then press 9-8-7, the remote is able to change channels and change volume on the TV but the XR8 adapter does not light up, thus it seems the remote unpairs with the IR reader. 

Does anyone have any solutions on how to make the XR8 adapter work with my remote so that I am able to change channels again? 

Thanks 

New Poster

How's the remote coverage range? Do you know if the XG2 box + XR11 remote work similar to how the XR8 IR reader works? 

Expert

it uses a low power special wifi protocol (aim anywhere) No IR needed. Hope you don't need the component cable connection as the xg2 does not have that feature.

Gold Problem Solver

Once you RF pair the XR11 remote to the XG2 box you won't have to worry about any of that stuff.

The XG2 is faster than the RNG-150 and has features the 150 does not have including access to Netflix, Pandora and YouTube. It also offers voice command capability.

Seriously, unless you absolutely must have component video connections you are missing out on a great deal with the RNG-150. Get rid of it.

jshahn9 wrote:

How's the remote coverage range? Do you know if the XG2 box + XR11 remote work similar to how the XR8 IR reader works?