Community Forum

XR5 remote won't turn off Yamaha receiver and/or issue with Harmony remote

Regular Visitor

XR5 remote won't turn off Yamaha receiver and/or issue with Harmony remote

X1 was installed this week but having issues with my Harmony 650 and the xfinity xr5 v4-u remote. Would love for one of them to work properly Smiley Happy

My preference is to use my Harmony 650.

I have a Yamaha receiver RXV 667 and a Speakercraft Smartpath AT-1.0 with an IR emitter on the X1 box and one on the Receiver. The TV hangs from the kitchen ceiling and the equipment is directly above in the attic. If I'm in the attic the harmony has all functionality which makes me think the remote ha been programmed correctly, however if I'm in the kitchen the harmony is not communicating with the X1 box, I'm not able to change channels, view the guide, etc. The IR emitter was placed on the infrared spot on the X1 box and the IR receiver from the Smartpath is hanging below the tv, so there is no line of sight issue. Anyone familiar with the Speakercraft and know why the X1 box doesn't seem to respond to it?

My other issue, if I choose to abandon the harmony and use the xr 5 remote, the xr5 will not power down my receiver, it controls the volume just fine, but when selecting the all power button, the tv shuts down but the receiver stays on. Reading other posts this may not be an issue that can be resolved but thought I'd ask.

Bottom line, would like at least one of the remotes to control all functions but for now I'm stuck with 2 to get the job done.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks !

Frequent Visitor

Re: XR5 remote won't turn off Yamaha receiver and/or issue with Harmony remote

Having the same problem here with my Yamaha home theater receiver. The XRS-R Remote will control the volume but will not turn the Yamaha on or off. It's a bummer that Xfinity doesn't support popular devices like the Harmony remotes do. Gotta use 2 remotes here also.....

Silver Problem Solver

Did you try all these code?

Yamaha 32061, 30176, 30186, 30376, 31176, 31276, 31331, 31375, 31476, 32455, 32467, 32471

https://x1.comcast.net/webportal/assets/pdfs/RemotePairingGuide4.26.11.pdf

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Gold Problem Solver

This will get you on the right track: http://forums.comcast.com/t5/X1/A-Fix-for-the-Search-Box-Popping-Up-By-Mistake/m-p/2355227#M36634

I suspect the IR output is "flooding" your X1. I had to try different variations on the tape but after some trial and error the problem was fixed 100%. I have a wide variety of Harmony remotes and all of them work GREAT with this fix in place.

FYI, I have XR2s, XR5s and an XR11. None of them will turn off my 8 year old HK receiver. The Comcast remotes just don't have great support for audio products...

Arris Tape Job.jpg

X1 DVR 1.jpg

Contributor

32061 will get it to power down, but not back up. Ideas? Thanks for that code any way. Getting closer. bc

yamaha rv x363

Contributor

RX V363!

Silver Problem Solver

Did you read this thread?

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/XR5-and-XR11-quot-Voice-Remote-quot-Code-Lists/td-p/2550616

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

I'm still having the same power down problem with my Yamaha AVR. Will not shut down with the XR11. BUMMER!

Contributor

Just powers down then steps following just turn off tv. No luck

Contributor

will harmony 650 work with X1?

Expert

billyc904 wrote:

will harmony 650 work with X1?

Yes, it does.  

-=Ray=-

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Gold Problem Solver

Yes and it works very well.
New Poster

Code 32467 on my Comxast X1 remote turns my Yamaha RX-V373 on and off!!!! I searched three years for this code.

Frequent Visitor

COOL! I'll be trying it tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Frequent Visitor

32467 didn't work. bummer....

Silver Problem Solver

Try the Settings Help method:

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-settings-index/

Help provides you the following options in addition to how-to tutorials to make the most of your X1 experience.

• Restart: Restarts the device to fix common issues.
  • Remote Setup: Take customers through remote radio frequency (RF) pairing flows and infrared (IR) programming for TV and audio devices. This flow is the same as pressing Setup on the remote control.
Contributor

There is no code to power up Yamaha. The best you'll get is volumes, and power off. Tried em all. Harmony 650. Cheap and effective. bc

Frequent Visitor

No disrespect Robert Wy but I've done and tried everything I can to make that XR11 see my Yamaha Receiver but all I can do is control the volume. It will not turn off or on the Receiver which I think really is a bummer. I have 2 Logitechs (not the cheap ones) that do the job but I want to use the XR11 as I like the voice and other commands it has, not to mention if Logitech knows the codes don't you think the XR11 should read those same codes? All part of what I'm paying for, right?

Dan

Contributor

I did finally find a code that would turn it off also. Think I had to program it before the tv. Use harmony now to power evrything up and xr does all the rest. Can't turn Yamaha on but can do volume and power off. Good luck

New Poster

Found working remote code for Yamaha Receiver on XR11, it is 32467 from the OLD Legacy remote. It works perfectly!

Amealey wrote:
X1 was installed this week but having issues with my Harmony 650 and the xfinity xr5 v4-u remote. Would love for one of them to work properly Smiley Happy

My preference is to use my Harmony 650.

I have a Yamaha receiver RXV 667 and a Speakercraft Smartpath AT-1.0 with an IR emitter on the X1 box and one on the Receiver. The TV hangs from the kitchen ceiling and the equipment is directly above in the attic. If I'm in the attic the harmony has all functionality which makes me think the remote ha been programmed correctly, however if I'm in the kitchen the harmony is not communicating with the X1 box, I'm not able to change channels, view the guide, etc. The IR emitter was placed on the infrared spot on the X1 box and the IR receiver from the Smartpath is hanging below the tv, so there is no line of sight issue. Anyone familiar with the Speakercraft and know why the X1 box doesn't seem to respond to it?

My other issue, if I choose to abandon the harmony and use the xr 5 remote, the xr5 will not power down my receiver, it controls the volume just fine, but when selecting the all power button, the tv shuts down but the receiver stays on. Reading other posts this may not be an issue that can be resolved but thought I'd ask.

Bottom line, would like at least one of the remotes to control all functions but for now I'm stuck with 2 to get the job done.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks !

Contributor

Yes. Look back on my post. Found a code for volume and power down, but no power up. Good luck. bc

Frequent Visitor

Didn't work for me Billy. Smiley Sad

Contributor

Make sure your tv code is already in. Do the Yamaha code last. Push enter twice. Mine is an older Yamaha model RX-V363

Visitor

That worked! Thank you for posting!
New Poster

This is definitely the code for RX-V367. I haen't found any other code that works.

New Poster

32467 worked for our Yamaha receiver as well! Been searching on and off for a year.
Contributor

Will it turn it on?

Frequent Visitor

It will not turn on or shut off my receiver. It will control the receiver volume. Very disapointing.

Contributor

Look back on this post. My code is on here somewhere. I can do volume and it will turn it off. Still ca t find one to turn one. Use Harmony to power all up, and x remote to control all. 

Regular Visitor

I have a yamaha RXV 863 and I can only change the volume, with any remote.  I had a tech out once and he said something about how yamahas have 2 IR signals for power up and power down.  I didn't get it but the jist of it was, you can't use universal remotes with yamaha receivers that will power on and off the device and control its other functions.

Gold Problem Solver

Sorry but people need to fully read the threads they post in. There is a great deal of information in this forum about Yamaha receivers and X1 remotes.

I used to have an RX-V863 and I never ever found a remote code that would both turn it on and turn it off. I tested it many times. I have reported this issue to Comcast but it was ignored.

That being said, I use Harmony and URC remotes which are light years beyond the Comcast X1 remotes. Anyone that has a TV, cable box and AV receiver really need to look beyond Comcast's remotes.

jealous_zealot wrote:

I have a yamaha RXV 863 and I can only change the volume, with any remote.  I had a tech out once and he said something about how yamahas have 2 IR signals for power up and power down.  I didn't get it but the jist of it was, you can't use universal remotes with yamaha receivers that will power on and off the device and control its other functions.

New Poster

Cflaum...you are THE BEST!  Works for me, thanks!

Contributor

I can control volume and power off. Just will not power up

Frequent Visitor

Tried 32467 again for chuckles with the XR11 and still the same result. It will control the volume on my receiver but thats it. O well, I guess it is what it is....

Gold Problem Solver

Not sure how many times I have tried to tell people this. There is a certain age and certain series of Yamaha receivers that don't fully work with Comcast X1 remotes.

Anyone who owns a TV, cable box and AV receiver does not know what they are missing until they try a properly programmed universal remote.

I choose to move forward and find better solutions...

Dan1948 wrote:

Tried 32467 again for chuckles with the XR11 and still the same result. It will control the volume on my receiver but thats it. O well, I guess it is what it is....

Silver Problem Solver

Dan1948 wrote:

Did you try all the codes while the TV was turned off?

Frequent Visitor

RobertWy wrote:

Dan1948 wrote:

Did you try all the codes while the TV was turned off?

Bob,

How would I know what to do if the TV is off. I wouldn't be able to see anything. Sounds like a heck of a trick! lol

Silver Problem Solver

Doh!  I was thinking soundbar.

New Poster

YOU ARE A LIFESAVER !!! 32467 turns on and off. I have the RX v375 and it works great !!! Thanks agin !!!

Frequent Visitor

Glad that number worked for you. I gave up trying. Just kept getting more and more fustrated! 

Expert
Moved:

New Poster

Confirming that code 32467 works to turn on and off my Yamaha RX-V375
New Poster

Thanks for that code   You made my day!   SERIOUSLY

Expert
Moved: