Community Forum

XR5 pairing to TV

New Poster

XR5 pairing to TV

I have spent hours trying to pair my LG Smart TV with my new Xfinity XR5 remote.  I have tried every code 10178, 11178, 11265, 11993, 10017, 10700, 10856, 11314, 11032, 11934, 11637, 10442, 11530, 10056, 10032, 10003 (all codes offered on xfinity remote website).  I have tried every one of these codes at least 4 times.  I called xfinity and was told I could either just use two remotes (which is unacceptable these days) or pay for a technician to come program it for me.  I find it unacceptable to not be able to pair the two and refuse to pay for someone to come out because xfinity instructions are not complete.

I also tried pressing "setup" till the light turned green and 991 then power, and tried the same but 911 then channel up (as a few websites suggested) with no result.

Is there anything else I should try?  I did take the batteries out of the remote and try again with no improvement.  I am SO frustrated.  And was SO disappointed with poor customer service when I called.

New Poster

Re: XR5 pairing to TV

I am having the same problem, also with an LG TV.  I get the green lights for success, but the TV never responds.  I got very helpful customer support, but they were completely stumped.  

I was told another option would be to replace the remote at a Comcast location, but it doesn't seem to be a hardware issue.  Maybe there is a problem with compatability for certain devices.

Gold Problem Solver

BrittanyS719 wrote:

I have spent hours trying to pair my LG Smart TV with my new Xfinity XR5 remote.  I have tried every code 10178, 11178, 11265, 11993, 10017, 10700, 10856, 11314, 11032, 11934, 11637, 10442, 11530, 10056, 10032, 10003 (all codes offered on xfinity remote website).  I have tried every one of these codes at least 4 times.  I called xfinity and was told I could either just use two remotes (which is unacceptable these days) or pay for a technician to come program it for me.  I find it unacceptable to not be able to pair the two and refuse to pay for someone to come out because xfinity instructions are not complete.

I also tried pressing "setup" till the light turned green and 991 then power, and tried the same but 911 then channel up (as a few websites suggested) with no result.

Is there anything else I should try?  I did take the batteries out of the remote and try again with no improvement.  I am SO frustrated.  And was SO disappointed with poor customer service when I called.

The exact sequence for the manual code search is:

1. Turn on your TV and AVR.
2. Press and hold the Setup button on your remote until the status LED changes from red to green.
3. To search for a TV code, enter 9-9-1 on the remote. To search for an AVR code, enter 9-9-2. The status LED should flash green twice.
4. Press the CH ^ button repeatedly to search through the manufacturer codes until the device you are programming turns off.
5. After the device turns off, press Setup. The status LED on your remote should flash green twice. Press the TV Power button on the remote. If the device turns on, you have successfully programmed your remote.

If this does not work, there is nothing else we can suggest other than to swap out the remote for a new XR5 remote ( just possibly the Remote is bad ).

-=Ray=-

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Frequent Visitor

useless suggestion by "Ray".  mine doesnt work either and I have replaced the XR5 twice.  Sadly, my "voice" remote (very similar to XR5) works on my LG TV so I had to use the crappy XR5 with my Samsung (Family room TV) and sequester to "voice" remote to the back bedroom.

Way to go Comcast.  You made a controller the doesnt work right.

Silver Problem Solver

My XR11 works with my Samsung TV.

Did you pair your remote to your X1 box?

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/remote-program-the-xr2-or-xr5-to-aim-anywhere

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

XR11 to Samsung works.  XR5 to Samsung works.  XR11 to LG works.  XR5 to LG does NOT work.  Tried disconnecting and re-pairing but still doesnt work.  XR5 controls the Comcast box just not the LG TV.  Had Comcast send a new XR5 but that solved nothing. Online chat session with Comcast was also unsuccessful.

Silver Problem Solver

Hmm.  I assume you used the same code for both remotes?

Maybe the XR5 requires a different code, but that sure doesn't sound like a possibility.

Maybe trying all the LG codes?

And were both remotes paired to the LG?

I have two XR11's paired to my Samsung TV, and at one time I had an XR5 and an XR11 paired to the TV at the same time.

Just FYI.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

Tried all the LG codes multiple times.  No luck.  Samsung TV is not the problem.  LG TV is the problem.  Both remotes have been paired to LG but onlty XR11 communicates to the TV.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Frequent Visitor

I have also had trouble all of a sudden with a new XR5 remote I got today, with my 46" LG TV. Spent hours tonight trying to get it to program to my TV. Programs perfectly to the box to control the channels and all of the box functionality... just no volume control because it won't pair with the TV. I had the XR5 remote previously (last week actually) and it had paired fine with the TV a few times when I had to reprogram it... then the tech took it with him when swapping our box out last week and I had wanted to keep it for my side of the living room... so I got another one today from a technician that was at my mom's house (because they're being stingy with the XR11 remotes LOL). This one won't pair with the LG TV.... it was determined after troubleshooting, removing batteries... yada yada yada... that it is most likely a hardware issue with the remote. I actually have the new XR11 voice remote with my new box, and requested they just go ahead and send me another XR11 instead of the XR5... because of the troubles I was already having in the past month with the stupid thing losing connectivity with the cable box. Thinking it was a box issue, they installed a better box. Guess it might have been the remote causing the issue all along! So when I did the online chat tonight to troubleshoot to see if maybe I was doing something wrong... and after much persistence, they finally agreed to send me the XR11 remote instead of another XR5 remote... the newer remote does not work with all of the boxes though, and am told it's only for the newer updated models. They argued that my box wasn't compatible, but indeed it is because I already have one LOL... so do your research to see if it would work with your model if you make that request Smiley Happy

MLefers
New Poster

This worked thank you