Community Forum

XR15 remote and audio receiver

Contributor

XR15 remote and audio receiver

I was able to program my XR11 to work with my Marantz receiver.

can I get the XR15 to do it as well?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: XR15 remote and audio receiver

No way to know... As soon as you get your hands on an XR15 why don't you let the forum know how things went...???

How do you know if the XR15 is any sort of upgrade??

As an owner of a late model Marantz AV receiver along with many other devices, why are you worried about the XR15? Anyone using an AV receiver with an X1 box should be using a 3rd party universal remote control.

misterted wrote:

Contributor

Wow you get straight to the core don’t you, it’s quite refreshing.

i just got the XG1v4 and it came with an XR15. The remote did not provide the opportunity during setup to pair with the receiver like the XR11 did. 

I use a Logitech Harmony Ultimate Home remote and sometimes it fails temporarily so we like to use the xfinity remote as a backup. But the XR11 does not seem to work with the new STB so I was asking. The documentation that came with it is pretty flimsy.

Expert

misterted wrote:

do you still have the working xr11? there is a process to read the code that is working. If I remember properly you have to count the blinks on the remote's LED for the 5 digits available. press the setup button and when it changes to green type in 991. press the 1 button and count the flashes (first number) then press the 2 button and count the flashes. continue to 5. you can't repress same number to repeat. no flashes is 0. did that work for you? 990 reads the TV code if I recall, too.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Contributor

I do have it. It still works with the receiver but no longer operates the cable box. It’s weird because my Harmony didn’t require any update and works with the new box.

i tried it and the code seems to be either 21111 or 20009 but that doesn’t solve the problem because I don’t know how to program the new remotes for it.

Ted

Expert

misterted wrote:

I do have it. It still works with the receiver but no longer operates the cable box. It’s weird because my Harmony didn’t require any update and works with the new box.

i tried it and the code seems to be either 21111 or 20009 but that doesn’t solve the problem because I don’t know how to program the new remotes for it.

Ted

try reading the code again. if the number pressed does not flash the LED it is a zero. if flashes cound the flashes. If it doesn't seem to be working we may need to verify the read process. 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Gold Problem Solver

Forgive the snark. The XR15 is brand new. Very few are in circulation. Not all markets have them yet. As of last weekend they were not available in the Twin Cities.

There has been very little written about it. I suspect it's capabilities will be extremely similar to XR11.

You should not have to enter any codes for the remote to control the box. Unless something has changed, the X1 remotes don't respond to 20000 series codes just 10000 and 30000 series.

X1 boxes and remotes default to IR. If you "pair" the remote to the box it changes to RF.
Contributor

RickGr4 wrote:
Forgive the snark. The XR15 is brand new. Very few are in circulation. Not all markets have them yet. As of last weekend they were not available in the Twin Cities.

There has been very little written about it. I suspect it's capabilities will be extremely similar to XR11.

You should not have to enter any codes for the remote to control the box. Unless something has changed, the X1 remotes don't respond to 20000 series codes just 10000 and 30000 series.

X1 boxes and remotes default to IR. If you "pair" the remote to the box it changes to RF.

Don't worry about it, I like snark. Keeps it interesting.

Anyway, I understand your point. I have programmed many XR11's and I am reporting to you there is no way to program the XR15 to control an audio receiver. Take a look at the online instructions and you will find nothing written about controlling an audio receiver. It isn't a big deal for me, as I said, just a backup but it would have been nice.

I ordered the XG1V4 box because the old box was not working well with my 4K TV, frames were lagging and dropping. The new box rectified that. And as a bonus it came with the XR15 remote. Mind you it took me 3 tries to get this box as CSR kept sending me the wrong one. 

Hopefully once it is deeper in circulation someone out there will be able to report on how to get the remote to work with receivers or point point out to me that I missied something.

Thanks for the help.

Ted

Official Employee

misterted wrote:

RickGr4 wrote:

Anyway, I understand your point. I have programmed many XR11's and I am reporting to you there is no way to program the XR15 to control an audio receiver. Take a look at the online instructions and you will find nothing written about controlling an audio receiver. It isn't a big deal for me, as I said, just a backup but it would have been nice.

I ordered the XG1V4 box because the old box was not working well with my 4K TV, frames were lagging and dropping. The new box rectified that. And as a bonus it came with the XR15 remote. Mind you it took me 3 tries to get this box as CSR kept sending me the wrong one. 

Hopefully once it is deeper in circulation someone out there will be able to report on how to get the remote to work with receivers or point point out to me that I missied something.

Thanks for the help.

Ted

So, if you go to 

Xfinity button to Gear Symbol and scroll down to Remote Setup, you don't see a way to set it to your TV and Audio Receiver?

Contributor

ComcastAndrew wrote:

misterted wrote:

RickGr4 wrote:

Thanks for the help.

Ted

So, if you go to 

Xfinity button to Gear Symbol and scroll down to Remote Setup, you don't see a way to set it to your TV and Audio Receiver?

So that was something obvious that I missed. I had no idea that the remote menu had that capability.

it worked. 

The new remoate is sleek and seems well built. I don’t like the center part which had the 4 arrows and enter key, too difficult to feel for them and press them without looking.

Imho the XR11 is better.

thanks all for the help.

Ted