Community Forum

XR15-UQ remote won’t power on Yamaha RXV-661 receiver

Highlighted
New Poster

XR15-UQ remote won’t power on Yamaha RXV-661 receiver

I have a Yamaha RXV-661 receiver that I’d like to turn on and off with the XR15 power button in addition to contolling the audio volume. I’ve tried all of the remote codes - a few of them (31176, 32061, 30376 and 31815) will control the audio volume and turn the receiver off, but none of them will turn the receiver on. The remainder of the codes either do nothing or control only the audio volume.

Is there a way to get the remote to power on the receiver?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: XR15-UQ remote won’t power on Yamaha RXV-661 receiver

@ClydeG wrote:

I have a Yamaha RXV-661 receiver that I’d like to turn on and off with the XR15 power button in addition to contolling the audio volume. I’ve tried all of the remote codes - a few of them (31176, 32061, 30376 and 31815) will control the audio volume and turn the receiver off, but none of them will turn the receiver on. The remainder of the codes either do nothing or control only the audio volume.

Is there a way to get the remote to power on the receiver?

did you try searching for the receiver code using the remote procedure to try all the codes stored one at a time? in this case you would turn the receiver on first and find a code that turns off the receiver.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue with the RX-V471 Yamaha receiver.  I am able to control the volume, but not able to control the power-on or power-off with the XR-15 remote.  I tried all the codes listed and none would control the power.  Any suggestions?

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

@dklingen60 wrote:

I have the same issue with the RX-V471 Yamaha receiver.  I am able to control the volume, but not able to control the power-on or power-off with the XR-15 remote.  I tried all the codes listed and none would control the power.  Any suggestions?

One expensive solution is to purchase a universal remote.  I have the Harmony 650.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004OVECU0/ref=sxts_kp_bs_1?pf_rd_p=8778bc68-27e7-403f-8460-de48b6e788fb&p...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

As an update...last night I switched my setup to use HDMI-ARC and so far everything is working fine with the XR15 remote.  When the TV is powered on or off it also powers on and off the Yamaha receiver.

Bronze Problem Solver

dklingen60 -- This is great to hear and thank you for this update. If you need any further help going forward please reach out to us, we are always here to assist.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!