Community Forum

XR15 Remote backlighting duration

New Poster

XR15 Remote backlighting duration

Is there a way to extend the duration of the backlighting on the XR15 remote? The lights don't stay on very long, barely 2 seconds.

Official Employee

Re: XR15 Remote backlighting duration

Sorry, at this time, no there isn’t

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: XR15 Remote backlighting duration-- please extend

The new X1 remote light doesn't stay on long enough for use in a darkened room. The buttons are so flat and indistinct that I cannot operate the remote by feel as easily as the previous version. "Lift To Illuminate" or user-configurable lighting duration are much better user experiences. Pls fix this!

New Poster

Same issue. Wish backlight would stay on longer.
Frequent Visitor

The backlight not automatically turning on when the remote is a very big setback in functionality, along with the button redesign it makes it very hard to use in the dark. The auto key light was the best feature of the previous model, why did they get rid of it??
Silver Problem Solver

@notoriusDUG wrote:
The backlight not automatically turning on when the remote is a very big setback in functionality, along with the button redesign it makes it very hard to use in the dark. The auto key light was the best feature of the previous model, why did they get rid of it??

No clue; I use both XR11 and XR15 remotes with my 4k DVR's and my companion XG2 box.  Both remotes should be free at your nearest Xfinity Store.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!