Community Forum

XR15 Remote - NO BACKUP 10 SECONDS :) :) :)

New Poster

XR15 Remote - NO BACKUP 10 SECONDS :) :) :)

My Xfinity tech just "upgraded" my X1 box and replaced myXR11 remote withl the new XR15.  I like the design generally, but it DOES NOT have the ability to back up 10 seconds - there is no button!  I know that I can do this using voice, but the XR15 does not always correctly recognize my voice.  If I am watching a recorded program it may take me to some random list of available movies, etc.  I have to believe that the 10 Second backup button has been the single most useful button used when watching programs live and recorded.  I SELDOM use a 5 minute forward/backward function.  AND how would a mute person control the remove without appropriate buttons.  I have tried suggested programming techniquest on the forum to no avail.   FIX THIS XFINITY!!!!!!!!!!!

Silver Problem Solver

Re: XR15 Remote - NO BACKUP 10 SECONDS :) :) :)

The nearest Xfinity Store may have the XR11; it's free.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

Use the old remote? Wrong answer. Fix this.
Silver Problem Solver

Try finding what the remote can do:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/get-to-know-xr11-remote

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

I just got the new one today. I used the loop back more than any other button and using the voice control takes too long. I'm going back tomorrow to get the old one back.
Silver Problem Solver

@Keebler680 wrote:
I just got the new one today. I used the loop back more than any other button and using the voice control takes too long. I'm going back tomorrow to get the old one back.

Does this help?

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/xr15-30-second-skip/td-p/3053646