Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

XR15 Battery Life

Regular Contributor

XR15 Battery Life

A few months ago I retired my XR11 voice remote for the new XR15. 

The new XR15 seems to chew through batteries at twice the pace as the old XR11. 

Any feedback or setting I can adjust to help the batteries last longer? 

Expert

Re: XR15 Battery Life

@Tek wrote:

A few months ago I retired my XR11 voice remote for the new XR15. 

The new XR15 seems to chew through batteries at twice the pace as the old XR11. 

Any feedback or setting I can adjust to help the batteries last longer? 

there are no adjustments. if the surface the remote is on moves it might activate the LEDs more often (like a rocking chair).

Expert

I use lithium batteries in all my remotes.

New Poster

My first thought also was the LED's come on whenever the remote is moved. However, I now believe it is the fact that the motion detection must be ON 100% of the time in order to detect the motion. We have 5 remotes and the one remote that is used (or even moved) only 10% as much as the others, only lasts a day or two longer.

Expert

@gread wrote:

My first thought also was the LED's come on whenever the remote is moved. However, I now believe it is the fact that the motion detection must be ON 100% of the time in order to detect the motion. We have 5 remotes and the one remote that is used (or even moved) only 10% as much as the others, only lasts a day or two longer.

Give the lithium batteries a try and let us know if they make a difference.

New Poster

I’m sure Lithium batteries will last longer, but will they last 3 to 4 times longer as the price is that much more? I would rather give up the LED lighting, but that is apparently not an option.

Expert

@gread wrote:

I’m sure Lithium batteries will last longer, but will they last 3 to 4 times longer as the price is that much more? I would rather give up the LED lighting, but that is apparently not an option.

Just buy the fewest you can and try them and see if they work; mine did.