Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

XR11

New Poster

XR11

My XR11 has suddenly stopped controlling my volume. I've tried repairing, resetting with ALL the Sharp codes and nothing. I did a system refresh and had the comcast rep on the phone send a reset. Nada! HELP! SOS! 

Tags (2)

Accepted Solutions
Expert

Re: XR11

@Daewalker1 wrote:

My XR11 has suddenly stopped controlling my volume. I've tried repairing, resetting with ALL the Sharp codes and nothing. I did a system refresh and had the comcast rep on the phone send a reset. Nada! HELP! SOS! 

Try this and then re-program your remote.

"If the buttons on your X1 Voice Remote (model XR11) are still unresponsive, you may need to perform a factory reset. To perform a factory reset: Press the Setup button until the LED at the top of the remote changes from red to green. Press 9-8-1."

"How do I program my Xfinity xr11 remote to my TV?

Pair Your Remote For Voice Control
  1. Press and hold SETUP until the LED turns GREEN. ...
  2. Press the Xfinity button.
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions to enter the 3-digit code that appears.
  4. The remote is now paired and voice commands should work when you hold down the VOICE CONTROL key."

All Replies
Expert

@Daewalker1 wrote:

Try this and then re-program your remote.

"If the buttons on your X1 Voice Remote (model XR11) are still unresponsive, you may need to perform a factory reset. To perform a factory reset: Press the Setup button until the LED at the top of the remote changes from red to green. Press 9-8-1."

"How do I program my Xfinity xr11 remote to my TV?

Pair Your Remote For Voice Control
  1. Press and hold SETUP until the LED turns GREEN. ...
  2. Press the Xfinity button.
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions to enter the 3-digit code that appears.
  4. The remote is now paired and voice commands should work when you hold down the VOICE CONTROL key."
New Poster

RobertWy, I know you can't see it, but I'm doing a Happy Dance! Thank you for your help. I followed your directions and have a working remote once again. I just don't understand why the comcast service tech that had me on the phone for over an hour couldn't help. Again, thanks so much. I go into the weekend with a working remote. Yay!