Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

XR11 remote dies and needs to DIE

New Poster

XR11 remote dies and needs to DIE

My XR11 goes through batteries once a week! It’s ridiculous! Am I doing something wrong?? Help!!

Accepted Solutions
Expert

Re: XR11 remote dies and needs to DIE

Just an FYI, I have two XR11's that we use with our XG!v2 and we seldom have to replace the batteries.  I buy these batteries:

Energizer L91SBP-12 Ultimate Lithium AA Universal Battery - 12pk

Just a reminder - remotes are free at your nearest Xfiinity Store

All Replies
Contributor

My remote does the same thing. Initially, a rep told me that if I wanted to replace it I would have to pay to have it shipped to me or pay for a tech call since I don't live close to a Comcast branch.

So, instead of paying additional money when I'm RENTING this equipment, I bought Energizer rechargeable batteries. I have to recharge them often though, and it's pretty annoying.

I talked to a different rep, a tech rep, recently. She informed me that I was given incorrect information about the remote and that replacement or tech visit is FREE given that the remote is the problem and it's a rental. She said that I should call and request replacement equipment if I ever eventually got fed up with swapping the rechargeable batteries so much. She reiterated that it would be free, but I'm alright with swapping the batteries for now.

I also discovered that the batteries come loose a little inside of the battery compartment and that the 30 percent battery power left warning goes away if I just take off the back and roll the batteries around a bit in their slots.

New Poster

So I bought rechargeable batteries too! Ha! But I’m even sick of replacing them! Glad to know I’m not the only one!
Contributor

I think that the problem with these remotes is either those battery compartment slots or the fact that the remote constantly lights up every time it's moved even the tiniest bit.

That said, the tech rep said she had the same remote and had batteries in it for a year without changing them. So, I don't know if she was exagerating or what. 

Expert

Just an FYI, I have two XR11's that we use with our XG!v2 and we seldom have to replace the batteries.  I buy these batteries:

Energizer L91SBP-12 Ultimate Lithium AA Universal Battery - 12pk

Just a reminder - remotes are free at your nearest Xfiinity Store

Frequent Visitor

I have switched to rechargeable batteries (Eneloop). However, since rechargeable run at a lower voltage the batteries show only at 50% capacity and the system always keeps telling that its time to change the batteries.

Is it possible to simply disable the battery low warning?

Expert

@mikebox121 wrote:

I have switched to rechargeable batteries (Eneloop). However, since rechargeable run at a lower voltage the batteries show only at 50% capacity and the system always keeps telling that its time to change the batteries.

Is it possible to simply disable the battery low warning?

I fixed my issue by using these batteries:

https://www.target.com/p/energizer-ultimate-lithium-aa-batteries-4ct--l91bp-4-/-/A-13738752

Contributor

I received a replacement, but I haven't been able to see yet how it will perform battery-wise.

It came to me contaminated w/some sort of fragrance, like with a lotion, that I can only guess that someone testing it (?) wore primarly on the sides and the keys. I have severe allergies and sensitivies. I had a major allergic reaction within five minutes of using it.

I reported the incident to Comcast via chat since it almost put me in the hospital, but I haven't heard anything back yet. In the meantime, I haven't been able to get the odor off the remote and now my router keeps overheating. Sigh.

Official Employee

Good morning. I'm truly sorry for the experience. Please click on my name and choose the option to send a private message. Once selected, please shoot over your full name, service address, and the phone number listed on the account. I'll be happy to forward this feedback and send out a replacement remote control.