Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

XR11 remote and samsung 65" curved Class 650 tv

Frequent Visitor

XR11 remote and samsung 65" curved Class 650 tv

I've reset the remote by using 991; I also tried 981.  I repaired the remote with setup-xfinity-codes on the tv.  BUT, the remote will not control tv volume and power with ANY of the provided codes (I think there are 20 or so). 

Weirdly enough.  It spontaneously began working overnight and worked for a couple days; THEN just as spontaneously, it stopped working.  I've actually tried another xr11 remote as well.  Since it both worked and stopped working spontaneously, I am at a loss what to do.  I also tried chat with Comcast but the process was excruciating.  Finally gave up after the numb nut wanted the serial number of the machine (the serial number is listed on his screen). 

Tags (1)
Expert

Re: XR11 remote and samsung 65" curved Class 650 tv

TPDAVIS wrote:

I've reset the remote by using 991; I also tried 981.  I repaired the remote with setup-xfinity-codes on the tv.  BUT, the remote will not control tv volume and power with ANY of the provided codes (I think there are 20 or so). 

Weirdly enough.  It spontaneously began working overnight and worked for a couple days; THEN just as spontaneously, it stopped working.  I've actually tried another xr11 remote as well.  Since it both worked and stopped working spontaneously, I am at a loss what to do.  I also tried chat with Comcast but the process was excruciating.  Finally gave up after the numb nut wanted the serial number of the machine (the serial number is listed on his screen). 

That is SOMETIMES caused by a lack of range to the STB.  Is yours in a closed area, or are you too far from the STB?  Have you checked the battery level with the gear icon About option?