Community Forum

XR11 Remote Not Pairing to Control TV

New Poster

XR11 Remote Not Pairing to Control TV

I recently bought a new 75" Samsung NU8000 TV and now my XR11 remote will not pair to control the TV power, TV volume, etc. It controls the X1 platform fine, but not the TV. I went through the process and tried every code they have listed multiple times, but with no luck. Some of the codes light up the light on the bottom of the TV that tells me it is communicating, but it doesn't actually control anything. I cannot imagine that the XR11 remote won't work with a brand new high end Samsung. I appreciate any help here.
Problem Solver

Re: XR11 Remote Not Pairing to Control TV

@briancooper6 wrote:
I recently bought a new 75" Samsung NU8000 TV and now my XR11 remote will not pair to control the TV power, TV volume, etc. It controls the X1 platform fine, but not the TV. I went through the process and tried every code they have listed multiple times, but with no luck. Some of the codes light up the light on the bottom of the TV that tells me it is communicating, but it doesn't actually control anything. I cannot imagine that the XR11 remote won't work with a brand new high end Samsung. I appreciate any help here.

This codefinder might help you :

https://www.urcsupport.com/urc_product/xfinity-xr11-voice-remote/

New Poster

I have tried every Samsung code Xfinity lists with no luck. Some codes will make it so buttons on the remote make the red indicator light on the TV turn on as if they should work, but no buttons on the remote actually control any function (volume, power, etc).
Expert

@briancooper6 wrote:
I have tried every Samsung code Xfinity lists with no luck. Some codes will make it so buttons on the remote make the red indicator light on the TV turn on as if they should work, but no buttons on the remote actually control any function (volume, power, etc).

is this a fairly new TV? (model?)  does it also have a built in DVD player or VCR?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Brand new 75" Samsung NU8000. No built in DVD.
Expert

@briancooper6 wrote:
Brand new 75" Samsung NU8000. No built in DVD.

do you have an Xr15 voice remote? it may have codes the XR11 does not have. did you try the manual code search that tries each code the remote knows how to generate?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue.  Bought a Samsung nu8000 55”. Voice control does not work. Every time I try to use it, I am asked to pair.  The remote works to control all else, just can’t get voice control.  Voice control was working fine on my previous system. 

Fixes welcome, thanks 

Official Employee

Do you pair it when it asks you to? Your tv brand has nothing to do with voice control.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Yes,  but it never takes.  As soon as I pair, and try to use it, it tells me I need to pair   

Silver Problem Solver

@arthur856 wrote:

Yes,  but it never takes.  As soon as I pair, and try to use it, it tells me I need to pair   

I sometmes have to stand very close to the X1 box to get it to pair; it is the X1 box that is being programmed, not the remote.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!