Community Forum

XR 11 Remote 30 second skip gone?

Frequent Visitor

XR 11 Remote 30 second skip gone?

I am wondering why my 30-second skip I programmed quite a while ago suddenly went away, and why EXIT EXIT EXIT 0030 won't work to get it back? Was there a software update to the X1? The only thing I've done differently was to change the remote batteries, but the default 5 minute skip is back on main and secondary X1 boxes, and I know that the remote code programs the box, not the remote itself, so what gives? 

thanks for any suggestions!

Gold Problem Solver

Re: XR 11 Remote 30 second skip gone?

1. Unplug and reboot your X1 box.
2. Unpair then re-pair the remote.

Jenniferrrr wrote:

I am wondering why my 30-second skip I programmed quite a while ago suddenly went away, and why EXIT EXIT EXIT 0030 won't work to get it back? Was there a software update to the X1? The only thing I've done differently was to change the remote batteries, but the default 5 minute skip is back on main and secondary X1 boxes, and I know that the remote code programs the box, not the remote itself, so what gives? 

thanks for any suggestions!

Frequent Visitor

That works! Thank you. 

New Poster

I would like a one minute skip when I press the page up button on my XR11 remote while waching live TV.Thanks!

Expert

Karen9112 wrote:

I would like a one minute skip when I press the page up button on my XR11 remote while waching live TV.Thanks!

At this time it is either the default 5 minutes (on non-on-demand viewing) or 30 seconds. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Reboot dvr. Pull plug, hold down power button a few seconds to drain capacitors/clear ram.
When functional.

Unpair the X11 remote: Press the Setup button on the remote until the LED at the top of the remote changes from red to green.
Press 9-8-6.

The LED at the top of the remote will blink green twice to indicate that the remote has been reset.

Re-pair remote: hold down set-up till green, touch Infinity key. Enter code generated. Yes to program tv.

Also set the remote to control your avr if necessary. Just go along with the steps.

Then press Exit 3 times then 0030. Should reprogram remote to 30 second skip.
Gold Problem Solver

Topic now Closed.