Community Forum

XG2v2 User Manual?

Frequent Visitor

XG2v2 User Manual?

I just received a XG2v2 (Pace PX022ANC) HD box as a replacement for my old Scientific Atlanta SA4250HMR HD box. i have HF Preferred Package, Non-DVR, No X1. I verified with service rep on chat that this box can be used as a main set top box for non-X1 platform and can also be used for the X1 system. Rep said it is not a DVR (no hard drive).

Anyone know where I can find the user manual for this? There was nothing in the box - which was a white X1 Entertainment System box - which confused me since I do not have X1.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: XG2v2 User Manual?

Sorry, but the XG2 is X1 only. You were misinformed.

It is not a DVR.

What do you need help with? Hookups? Are you having problems with it?

Frequent Visitor

Hmmm. Guess I'll have to call and talk to another CS rep or better yet a tech support person. I was told the new XG2v2's can be used as a HD set top box for non-X1 users and can also be used (as a companion?) with the X1 system. Thanks for the info.

Chat rep said it was Not a DVR like you said.

I only needed to know if they sent me the right box. They sent an XG2v2 for a SA4250. I do NOT have X1.

Silver Problem Solver

The XG2 is perfectly capable of operating on it's own in a non-DVR household, so you can still use it if you want.

However, I would worry if your account is properly coded for X1 service, since the people you talked to don't know what the box is...

Frequent Visitor

Just talked to comcast tech - he knows all about the XG2 boxes. it is a X1 box but you can still use it if you do not subscribe to X1 system. It's all in the way they coded it when set up for the account. Basically an upgrade for me with no cost increase.

thanks for help!

Silver Problem Solver

Sorry but you got more wrong info. Xg2 is X1 only. In the upgrade to X1 you should also swap all other boxes out for X1 boxes as well. The only way an xg2 will work is if the account is coded for x1.

Yes usually x1 does dot change the bill, so that's not really a sure fire way to say if you upgraded to x1 or not.
Official Employee

richkorn wrote:

Hmmm. Guess I'll have to call and talk to another CS rep or better yet a tech support person. I was told the new XG2v2's can be used as a HD set top box for non-X1 users and can also be used (as a companion?) with the X1 system. Thanks for the info.

Chat rep said it was Not a DVR like you said.

I only needed to know if they sent me the right box. They sent an XG2v2 for a SA4250. I do NOT have X1.

One important word was missing "can be used as a HD set top box for non X1 DVR users). You indeed have the X1 platform.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Silver Problem Solver

Edit:

The XG2 doesn't need a user manual.

Search the xfinity website for help with the X1 System.  It has all the information you need.

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/x1/

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Regular Visitor

XG2v2-s User Manual would be better than the overly processed online information. My installation question deals with the HDMI input. Does the HDMI input on the XG2v2-s work? I was interested to know if it would accept a Bluray player input? So you see the User Manual would be nice!!
Official Employee

m6bigdog wrote:
XG2v2-s User Manual would be better than the overly processed online information. My installation question deals with the HDMI input. Does the HDMI input on the XG2v2-s work? I was interested to know if it would accept a Bluray player input? So you see the User Manual would be nice!!

HDMI inputs on any X1 boxes are disabled

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Gold Problem Solver

Well let's see here. X1 has been around for almost three years but Comcast has chosen not to post "owners manuals" for X1 boxes which suggests they do not intend to.

However this sticky thread has been available at the top of this forum for almost two years and it contains links to a great deal of helpful information about X1: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/X1-General/td-p/1854693

Also, if anyone has questions about X1 they should simply Google it. Many common X1 questions can be answered by a very simple Google search.

m6bigdog wrote:

Regular Visitor

Bummer!!
Regular Visitor

RickGr4 wrote:

Well let's see here. X1 has been around for almost three years but Comcast has chosen not to post "owners manuals" for X1 boxes which suggests they do not intend to.

However this sticky thread has been available at the top of this forum for almost two years and it contains links to a great deal of helpful information about X1: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/X1-General/td-p/1854693

Also, if anyone has questions about X1 they should simply Google it. Many common X1 questions can be answered by a very simple Google search.

m6bigdog wrote:

Unfortunately, most of what comes out of a Goggle Search is a waste of time and effort.. Try Google and/or Comcast online searching for programming the XR11 remote to control both the TV & AVR and see how long it takes to come up with the correct answer!! All I can say it is ugly... should take 5 minutes not 4 hours!! I've been E-Teching forever and I trust the manufacture manuals... everything else is a bit of luck and guessing.
Gold Problem Solver

That simply is not correct. Comcast has VOLUMES of X1 help documents available on line and many of those documents are the first items to appear when doing a Google search...

Type in "Comcast remotes", "Comcast Aim Anywhere" or "X1 set favorites" and you will see exactly what I am talking about...

That being said, yes Comcast should post the official owners manuals, just as they have already done with legacy boxes.

m6bigdog wrote:

RickGr4 wrote:

m6bigdog wrote:
XG2v2-s User Manual would be better than the overly processedonline information. My installation question deals with theHDMI input. Does theHDMI input on theXG2v2-s work? I was interested to know if it would accept aBluray player input? So you see the User Manual would be nice!!

Unfortunately, most of what comes out of a Goggle Search is a waste of time and effort.. TryGoogle and/or Comcastonline searching for programming theXR11 remote to control both the TV &AVR and see how long it takes to come up with the correct answer!! All I can say it is ugly... should take 5 minutes not 4 hours!! I've been E-Teching forever and I trust the manufacture manuals... everything else is a bit of luck and guessing.

New Poster

I found a copy of the manual at https://fccid.io/document.php?id=2542134

New Poster

I'd like a diagram explaining the rear panel connections. My previous Comcast box had VGA video connections, as well as coax audio (if I'd known the new one doesn't support coax, I would have bought an optical cable b4 I took it home). I've already figured out the HDMI connection, which is complicated on my system because my receiver doesn't support HDMI audio (it's an Arcam AVR350, which came out early in HDMI-standards...), and I'm also using HDMI for my Sony projector & Oppo Blu-ray player incl Roku 3...

New Poster

Thanks for posting the manual! ...that's a big help! 

Contributor

Re: XG2v2 HDMI input

According to the manual, it's a pass-through so you can daisy-chain, say a Roku HDMI output.  I'd expect that when you put the XG2v2 in standby mode,

it allows the pass through....  Yes/No? -- I'll try it myself sometime...

Gold Problem Solver

The XG2 may physically offer the ability to daisy chain but Comcast has that ability disabled in their version of the box firmware.

The HDMI inputs on the X1 boxes are disabled.
New Poster

Why is it disabled and how can we enable it?

Gold Problem Solver

GadgetGuy2 wrote:

Why is it disabled and how can we enable it?

Basically, because Comcast has decided that enabling it isn't in their game plan.  You cannot enable it.

New Poster

Is that the end of the story, that the HDMI-in is disabled and there's no way to enable it (or have Comcast enable it)?
Gold Problem Solver

MBKV wrote:
Is that the end of the story, that the HDMI-in is disabled and there's no way to enable it (or have Comcast enable it)?

That's pretty much the answer, like it or not.

Year old Topic now Closed.