Community Forum

XG1v4 requires reboot everyday...

Regular Visitor

XG1v4 requires reboot everyday...

Recently upgraded to a Vizio 4K UHD TV and upgraded to the XG1v4 box so that I could maximize my ability to get 4K content. Now, am having the problem of having to reboot the box almost daily to resolve inability of TV's HDMI port(s) recognizing the new XG1v4 cable box - per link https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/XG1v4-requires-reboot-everyday/td-p/3134460/page/6

I am using a direct HDMI connection from the comcast box to the TV, have disabled ECO modes on both devices, changed HDMI cables and tried multiple HDMI ports on the TV but no help. TV is on latest firmware. 

Noticed that most recent input on this issue was posted on 7/23 - but no apparent resolution(s) posted. Also, noticed that several "official comcast employees" - e.g. ComcastMorgan and ComcastKenF are apparently currently involved with this issue. Any suggestions on how to resolve it?

Official Employee

Re: XG1v4 requires reboot everyday...

jthom10, thanks for taking the time to let us know about your handshake issues between your 4K DVR and your TV. I'd be happy to investigate this with you. I got your private messages and will follow up there. 

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!