Community Forum

XG1v4 requires reboot everyday...

Frequent Visitor

Re: XG1v4 requires reboot everyday...

Keep checking for TV firmware updates, it's the only hope....
Frequent Visitor

Mine has been working fine for overa month now.

Silver Problem Solver

@JerseyBiker wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

I've had my Vizio 4K TV for almost a year connected to my XG1v4 and I've never had to reboot the XG1v4.  I also have a Vizio soundbar.

That's great for you, but what does it mean for us with that issue?

It suggests to me that it is unique to the devices and maybe the wiring.  Since only a subset of users have the issue, maybe there is some commonality that would point to a cause.  Mine are installed the same way my third X1 DVR (not 4k) is installed.  One XG1v4 has a Vizio 4k and Vizio sound bar.  My other XG1v4 is connected to a non-4k Vizio TV.  Neither XG1v4 has had to be rebooted since installation.  I'm using the HDMI cable that came with the XG1v4.

I first installed TimeWarner cable TV in my home in 1982 and have gone through all the changes in TW/Comcast equipment since then.

My only issues have been squirrels dining on the coax drop from the pole and outages in the "control box" on the pole at the end of the alley.  (Houston hurricanes are a separate issue)

Oh, and the coax going into my home has been repaired.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

It affects TVs made by Tongfang under the Westinghouse and Element brands, even running their latest firmware. 

BTW, my X1 box software is version 104.1.1, updated Oct. 16. That's when it started. I can tell because it DOESNT happen when I switch boxes, which do not come with 104.1.1. Once they update to 104.1.1, the problem returns. 

Regular Contributor

Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting the HDMI cable instead of rebooting?  And if so, does that wake it up?

Frequent Visitor

Only thing that works is changing the TV HDMI setting from 2.0 to 1.4 and quickly back to 2.0. 

Frequent Visitor

I've been unplugging the HDMI and plugging it back in, and it does work until the next day.   Went to the Xfiniity store today and relayed what the problem is with them again.  The customer rep just sent an email to their tech support with all the details.  Not expecting any miracles.

Regular Contributor

Does it work to set the X1 box to 720p output for the times you are not watching 4k content?

Frequent Visitor

Mine quits working but shows the current channel it just wont allow anything to change. It tells me its having issues connecting to internet.
Frequent Visitor

And now it's working fine. All I did was turn on Power Save. Now in the morning it operates as it should. Weird.

New Poster

I having problems every day with my cable.

yesteday I went to COMCAST store.  They gave me a brand new 4K box with all new cables etc..

still not working.  I called tech support  twice .  They said the box is offline

they couldn't fixed.

this has been going on for weeks now.

i don't know what else to do. 

I'm thinking in changing cable company.

Regular Contributor

Your problems almost certainly have to do with the signal on your coax cable - possibly inside or outside your house.  You will probably have to have a tech come out and fix it.

Frequent Visitor

I'm now convinced that it's the strength of the coax signal. My problem disappeared after Comcast had an unplanned outage in my area about two weeks ago. Firmware on TV and cable box is the same. Don't know if the signal was too weak to properly handshake, or maybe even too strong. But it's working now.

New Poster

Thank for your response.

I connected the 4K box with a small 4K TV I have in other room.  It woks perfect........but I connected the small box to my main big screen TV and it only works in one single channel.  It doesn't change channels, neither all the remote control functions.

I will go "again" to Comcast to exchange the small small box.

I will see what happens.......

Silver Problem Solver

@marialuisa112 wrote:

Thank for your response.

I connected the 4K box with a small 4K TV I have in other room.  It woks perfect........but I connected the small box to my main big screen TV and it only works in one single channel.  It doesn't change channels, neither all the remote control functions.

I will go "again" to Comcast to exchange the small small box.

I will see what happens.......

Did you follow the installation instructions?  Are you using the X1 remote and not your TV remote?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Again, I don't think it has anything to do with the TV or X1 box.

I've been through 3 X1 boxes connected to my Westinghouse 4K TV. Same firmware as an Element. When the X1 box updated its software to 104.1.1, the TV would try to connect to the box when it was set to 4K@60Hz, but all I'd get was static, like the old televisions. Fooled with settings on the TV, no help. The only things that worked were  switching the TV's HDMI mode from 2.0 to 1.4 and back to 2.0, or setting the box to 1080p. I also switched the box to Power Saver.

About two weeks ago, Comcast had a major outage in my area--no TV, Internet or phone. Since the service was restored, I've had NO PROBLEMS. All work like a champ. So Comcast did something, possibly, and I'm just guessing here, with their signal strength, when they fixed the outage. 

I'd suggest a tech visit to measure signal strength to your home. It may be too weak--or even too strong.