Community Forum

XG1v4 requires reboot everyday...

Frequent Visitor

Re: XG1v4 requires reboot everyday...

It’s not a software compatibility issue or hardware for all. Many boxes are working. I have the new X1 4K box and it was doing the same as yours until I swapped HDMI ports and used the Comcast supplies 20726 hdmi cable and it fixed it. No issues with bricking any more.
Frequent Visitor

Huskur, can you please explain in detail what HDMI port did you swap and how.  You apparently have a Vizio TV. Many of the complaints were reported by users who have Samsunk 4K TVs.  The remedy may not be the same with those. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor

Use the HDMI 1 port with the Comcast supplied HDMI cable. That may fix it for you. I do not recommend the HDMI 3 (ARC).
Frequent Visitor

There are only two HDMI ports on the XG1v4.  One is labeled "Input".  The other one is labeled "HDMI TV".  Obviously, the TV is connected to the latter.

Frequent Visitor

From the X1 box HDMI out to HDMI 1 on your TV may work. Use the Comcast HDMI cable for the hook up and try that.
Frequent Visitor

I see. The cable is already plugged to HDMI 1.  HDMI 4 only is ARC on my TV.  The cable will be harder to swap because it is builder-installed behind the drywall.  But I will do some testing outside.  Thanks again.

New Poster

If it is an HDMI issue, then you should be able to unplug and plug back in the cable to bring back the picture.  That would indicate an HDCP handshake issue.    I doubt that is it, but I’ll try it tomorrow when my box bricks again after the daily update.  I also turned off just about every feature on the box that is programmable so will see if that does anything.  If not, I’m taking the box back and getting the non-X1 box.  I have a Vizio TV and my box is X1 but not the 4K box. I am using the same HDMI cable I was using with my old box that had no issues. 

Frequent Visitor

I will be interested in what you find.  I already tried disconnecting the HDMI cable in an attempt to bring the picture back from black screen but it did not help.  I have XG1v4 4K DVR, so that could make a difference indeed.  

Frequent Visitor

All HDMI cables are not created equal.
Frequent Visitor

I have the same box. I fixed my issue of rebooting every day. All I did was use the Comcast supplied HDMI and used HDMI port 1 on my TV and the issue cleared. I personally think it was the HDMI cable itself.
New Poster

Ok, I have done a couple experiments in the last two days with interesting results. I’m honing in on it and will get to a solution but I’m not there yet.

I have the non 4K box. I have HDMI going through a receiver to my TV using ARC HDMI port.  Here is what I did.

1) Disabled every available programmable feature.

Result- Black screen and no picture after daily update

Action 1 - unplugged and plugged back in the HDMI cable.

Result- No change

Action 2- unplugged and plugged back in the RF cable on the back of the box

Result-Picture came back

Conclusion-Box does not have to be rebooted

2) Next day - unplugged HDMI cable before I went to work.  Daily update occurred.

Action 1- Plugged in HDMI cable. Then turned on TV.

Result: No picture. 

Action 2- Unplugged HDMI cable and plugged back in.

Result: Picture came on after a slight delay

Conclusion: Hmmm.  May be an HDMI handshaking issue. Also picture came back after delay, so I’m wondering in day 1 if I didn’t wait long enough

Planned experiments:

Bypass received and go straight to TV with Comcast provided HDMI cable.

After daily update, if no picture, change HDMI port on TV and then switch back. Determine if pic comes back. If so this may be an acceptable compromise. If not, I’ll unplug HDMI and plug back in.  If that fixes it, I may try using a non ARC Port.  Not sure where to go if that doesn’t work. I’ll get my old box back!

Maybe someone else can try some of these to see if they work on the 4K box.  Wonder why they didn’t give me a 4K box!

Frequent Visitor

Their supplied HDMI cable caused error problems for me day 1.  My HDMI cable did not for 22 months.  Yesterday, the box would not start up.  Box reboots and system restores allowed the secondary box which runs off the primary box data to operate, but not the primary.  Code XR-00075 or something.  I could even pull up the guide because my TV is paired to the primary box but could not open any channels. 90 minutes on the phone where they repeated the same trouble shooting efforts I already did resulted in a service call.  Service guy said the system said it wasn't the box but the drop line had experienced issues.  He replaced the line which increased internet speeds but problem persisted. When he realized the box would never activate but that upstairs secondary unit was working, he realized the primary box was not putting out video.  He's been doing this for 15 year and said the  XG1v4 has presented more problems than any other unit.  Moral of the story is if your having to continually reboot, something is probably wrong. 

Expert

@Z3papa wrote:

Their supplied HDMI cable caused error problems for me day 1.  My HDMI cable did not for 22 months.  Yesterday, the box would not start up.  Box reboots and system restores allowed the secondary box which runs off the primary box data to operate, but not the primary.  Code XR-00075 or something.  I could even pull up the guide because my TV is paired to the primary box but could not open any channels. 90 minutes on the phone where they repeated the same trouble shooting efforts I already did resulted in a service call.  Service guy said the system said it wasn't the box but the drop line had experienced issues.  He replaced the line which increased internet speeds but problem persisted. When he realized the box would never activate but that upstairs secondary unit was working, he realized the primary box was not putting out video.  He's been doing this for 15 year and said the  XG1v4 has presented more problems than any other unit.  Moral of the story is if your having to continually reboot, something is probably wrong. 

besides your DVR do you have at least one XG2 companion set top box? it can supply tuners and access to the internet for other devices (like wireless xi5/xi6 or the coax connected xi3/xid). that would free up the tuners in your DVR.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

@huskur wrote:
It’s not a software compatibility issue or hardware for all. Many boxes are working. I have the new X1 4K box and it was doing the same as yours until I swapped HDMI ports and used the Comcast supplies 20726 hdmi cable and it fixed it. No issues with bricking any more.

It has to be some sort of software issue with HDMI handshakes.

I have the X1 box and have had issues for 2 months. 

But this past week, things seemed to have resolved themselves.

It was a software issue that they got around to addressing; at leaset for the X1 boxes.

Contributor

@huskur wrote:
I have the same box. I fixed my issue of rebooting every day. All I did was use the Comcast supplied HDMI and used HDMI port 1 on my TV and the issue cleared. I personally think it was the HDMI cable itself.

This has not been the case for me. 

I have had THREE different new XG1v4 boxes. All of them have had this issue.

I have used all three HDMI cables that they came with. This didn't resolve the issue.

I have switched the XG1v4 box with all of the HDMI ports on my TV. This didn't resolve my issue.

I have purchased new 4k, 2.0 and 2.2 compliant HDMI cables. This didn't resolve my issue.

I used all of those new HDMI cables on all of the different ports. This didn't resolve my issue.

I have set my boxes' power savor mode off. This didn't resolve my issue.

I have reset the HDMI cable during times when there was no picture or sound. This didn't resolve my issue.

I have had THREE of the XG1v4 boxes. What are the chances that all three of them have had the same issue?

The interesting thing is that I can easily stream 4k content with other devices on my 4k UHD TV.

I can use a 4K Blu-ray with no problems. 

I can stream in 4K from streaming media devices. with no problems.

I can play video games with no problems. 

The bottom line is that I still have to unplug and plug back in my XG1v4 power cord every single day. When I do this, the device will work flawlessly all day long. However, the next morning, I will have to start all over again. 

Regular Visitor

I connected xg1v4 direct to the #1 HDMI port on my Samsung TV with a 2.0/2.2 HDMI cable (not the Comcast provided cable)
Use the ARC port to connect the Sound bar with the Comcast provided HDMI cable and that did the trick. Also try turning the box off at night, you can voice command the remote to “power down” you will see the light go off. You may need to use the tv remote to turn the tv off. This allows the box to update it’s firmware at midnight. Hope this helps you solve the problem.
Contributor

@chrismireya That's been exactly the same experience as we've had using a Samsung 4k TV and the new 4k Comcast boxes. 

Frequent Visitor

Hello all, I wanted to chime in here because I, too, am having to FREQUENTLY (although not everyday) reboot the v4 due to no video.  I did find that it does get better if you do not leave the box in one of the "apps" like netflix or Prime video.  So prior to turning off your system, try exiting the xfinity box all the way out to live TV and leave it there and see if your problem gets better.  I know this has something to do with v4 box, and hopefully Comcast/Arris will find a fix soon! 

New Poster

Hi there, 

I know that you were the original poster of this issue and I appreciate you starting a long conversation of an issue that has been driving me nuts lately. 

After reading through all of these different approaches to the issue, I decided to try something I hadn't seen posted about last night before I turned the tv off for the evening.

I turned the Power Saver Mode ON so that my box would be off along with my sound system and TV when I went to turn it on in the morning. My rationale was that maybe triggering all of the devices ON at the same time would initiate a different type of signal between the box and the TV as opposed to the box being on already when I fire up my TV. 

This morning I hit the power button on my remote and everything fired right up together for the first time since I've had this box (On my 2nd one because of this issue). Important to note that it has only been one day of results and I will post back here if the issue comes back up.

If you haven't tried this already, it may be worth a shot! Worst case scenario is that you get the same results you've been having for months. 

Frequent Visitor

I have dealt with this issue for a long time, probably a half a year, the box used to work fine with my TV.  I tried all the usual things, new cables, purchased a power plug to restart it everyday,  Got a new X1 4K box and nothing worked.  I believe this is a software issue in perticular with my TV model of a samsung.  The reason I state this is becuase I found a way to patch the issue.  I bought a Yamaha receiver that ports 4K HDMI thorugh the receiver. The comcast box plugs into the receiver and the receiver out to my TV. I have been using it for a week now with this new set up and it has never went to black screen.  Prior to this I had black screen happen sometimes twice in one day and required to unlug and replug.  Now I no longer suffer an issue.  This is terrible that the software problem cannot be fixed with comcast so permit me to have it plugged straight into my Samsung UHD TV.  But I am in bliss now that when I turn the TV on it actually works, I was at my wits end, looking into a possible new TV or Tivo.  I hope this helps some people. 

Frequent Visitor

Great find!
New Poster

Yes, mine started happening when I got s new box from Comcast. I’ve done experiments over the last couple weeks. I’ve determined that it doesn’t require a cable box reboot. It is an HDMI handshaking issue that appears to be broken when the daily update is done. Just plain poor software execution and regression testing by the Comcast software team. What I found that works is to unplug and plug back in the HDMI cable from the cable box. This te-establishes the handshake and the picture comes back in. I recently found an even easier way. I also have a receiver (Yamaha) between my cable box and Visio TV. They all power up together. When it comes up with black screen, I can turn the receiver off and then back on. This also must refresh the HDMI handshaking. I see the picture glitch when the receiver comes back on and then a few seconds later the picture appears. Hope this helps others. It is still annoying but no hardware needs to be unplugged at least. Come on Comcast. Get your act together! I know you are watching. How about a response?
Frequent Visitor

XG2v2-P Box

Samsung HD TV from 2007

Sony 4K UHD TV from 2016 (although new to us)

Have had this issue with both TVs.

In the morning, the Cabel box power light is on (I guess it never really goes off?).

I have to HOLD THE POWER BUTTON on top of the cable box to get it to restart/reboot (easier than unplugging). 

Turning the TV on/off/on again does nothing.

Haven't tried simply unplugging the HDMI cable in, although I suspect that might work too, as I also believe the box isn't getting the message that the TV is on and waiting for a signal.  This is simply bad engineering, to have the box rely on getting a signal from the TV to activate with so many TVs/Cables/interfaces in the real world...What did they do?  Test on one or two TV models and then send the boxes out en masse?

Tech coming tomorrow.  really sick of having to wait 5 or 10 minutes every morning to turn on the TV.

Expert

Is your Sony UHD television connected directly to the cable-box using a HDMI cable?

Did you follow the Sony television's directions found under Setup menu?

Have you updated the Sony UHD over the Internet to the latest update?

When you finished Setup you should have seen both Video and Audio. Did that happen then?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

I already route everything through an emotiva 4k receiver. Cable box goes to receiver and tv goes to receiver. I have tried simply unplugging the hdmi cable and plugging it back in and that doesn’t work for me. I have also tried changing inputs to another source on the receiver and back again. That doesn’t work either.
Silver Problem Solver

@griam01 wrote:
I already route everything through an emotiva 4k receiver. Cable box goes to receiver and tv goes to receiver. I have tried simply unplugging the hdmi cable and plugging it back in and that doesn’t work for me. I have also tried changing inputs to another source on the receiver and back again. That doesn’t work either.

Have you tried turning HDMI-CEC off or on?

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

Yes. Have tried both. Same results. Tried also power save on and off. Same results. Today I swapped the box to a different location. I hooked up one of the secondary units to the same setup (cable box to receiver and tv to receiver) and no issues with having to power cycle it yet.
Contributor

I can't remember how many times that I've spoken with Xfinity techs about this. However, they've escalated it several times -- but they never call back (despite promises that they would). 

I'm beginning to rethink why I should be a customer. After so many broken promises (e.g., call backs that never happen, credits that never appear, etc.), I'm beginning to think that I am nothing more than a "worthless" customer to them.

The irony is that I have defended Xfinity to others online and in-person for the last decade. I've always felt that their bad reputation has been exaggerated by angry customers. Now, I'm beginning to think that the corporation has earned this reputation.

The odd thing is that I've been unplugging and re-plugging my 4K XG1v4 box every day since July. To call it an "inconvenience" would be putting it mildly. When I asked about extending my three-month subsciption of HBO, the guy on the phone acted as if I was little more than a "moocher" clammoring after a "freebie."

I've been a Comcast/Xfinity customer for more than 11 years. We pay a lot of money for what amounts to frustration. The guy on the phone treated me as though I was a freeloader bothering him. 

/venting

Contributor

@chrismireya wrote:

I can't remember how many times that I've spoken with Xfinity techs about this. However, they've escalated it several times -- but they never call back (despite promises that they would). 

I'm beginning to rethink why I should be a customer. After so many broken promises (e.g., call backs that never happen, credits that never appear, etc.), I'm beginning to think that I am nothing more than a "worthless" customer to them.

The irony is that I have defended Xfinity to others online and in-person for the last decade. I've always felt that their bad reputation has been exaggerated by angry customers. Now, I'm beginning to think that the corporation has earned this reputation.

The odd thing is that I've been unplugging and re-plugging my 4K XG1v4 box every day since July. To call it an "inconvenience" would be putting it mildly. When I asked about extending my three-month subsciption of HBO, the guy on the phone acted as if I was little more than a "moocher" clammoring after a "freebie."

I've been a Comcast/Xfinity customer for more than 11 years. We pay a lot of money for what amounts to frustration. The guy on the phone treated me as though I was a freeloader bothering him. 

/venting

I don't disagree with you in the least. Comcast's bug handling is abominable -- there is no way other than this self-help system to track these bugs.

There is an update I've discovered with no help from Comcast. Apparently, there is a new software release on our box. For the first time in nearly a year, there is a signal when we turn the TV on (delayed about 15 seconds, though). The LED light on the box, however, still does not turn off when we turn everything off (unlike what the text displayed on the power saver screen indicates). The only way to extinguish the STB LED is to use a "power down" voice command.  

Bottom line is our issue is about 33% fixed. 

Frequent Visitor

I have had similar issues. I used to reboot box by unplugging power cord and wait 7 minutes for it to come back. Now i just unplug/plug the hdmi cable and it comes on instantly. Two questions for you: 1- do you have success by just unpugging hdmi an 2- does this issue happen everytime you turn off tv? (Mine does- i could reset w hdmi, turn off tv and it goes right back to no signal.
Silver Problem Solver

@suzieq68 wrote:
I have had similar issues. I used to reboot box by unplugging power cord and wait 7 minutes for it to come back. Now i just unplug/plug the hdmi cable and it comes on instantly. Two questions for you: 1- do you have success by just unpugging hdmi an 2- does this issue happen everytime you turn off tv? (Mine does- i could reset w hdmi, turn off tv and it goes right back to no signal.

I wish I could help; I have two XG1v4 boxes and neither one has had this issue; from my point of view, if I had the issue I would suspect something in the way the box is connected; I swould resear EVE RY coax connection all the way through my home to start with.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

We have had two tech visits, 4 different boxes, all new cables - still have issue. Our other main box is and has been fine. Also, the TV with the issue is an old vizio.

New Poster

For what it's worth, I had to unplug and replug the power to the xfinity box for over five months and now, as of about 4 weeks ago, I don't have to.  I think a firmware update was rolled out to fix my situation.  Sony 4K HDTV (2017 vintage) running through a Denon receiver.  I had Comcast people come out clueless.

Frequent Visitor

my solution was to turn off the power save option.  it now comes on every morning.  the technology suks.

Regular Visitor

Hello, I had the same issue with my Samsung TV. This is what I did to fix it and for the las 2 month it’s been working ok. 1 replaced the provided Comcast cable with HDMI cable 2.0 / HDCP 2.2 compatible from Amazon or Bestbuy. 2 route the HDMI cable from the XG1v4 box direct to the TV HDMI port #1, if you route it via a sound bar then to the tv it may not work. You can then use another cable from the ARC tv port to the sound system.
3 Allow the box to update at night, I believe Xfinity has been rolling out firmware fixes for individual TV models.

This fixed my problem, I no longer have to reboot the box, but this issue is a TV / Topbox hand shake issue it works for some units but not for others.

Give it a try and let me know.
Frequent Visitor

Thank you replying. The issue is fixed: all we did was switch boxes with the one in my living room, which was nearly but not quite identical, and we no longer have the “no signal” issue. Plus the box’s fan ran all the time and was noisy when sleeping. No issues once we swtiched to the other tv.
Contributor

@rrrrob wrote:

my solution was to turn off the power save option.  it now comes on every morning.  the technology suks.

This hasn't worked for us. 

In fact, I never hated Comcast/Xfinity despite this problem. However, over the last month, I've noticed that Xfinity's customer service has taken a terrible downward turn. 

I was offered a free three-month trial of Showtime a couple of weeks ago because of our ongoing problem (and the fact that they no longer offer HBO trials). I noticed today that it doesn't work. I called Comcast only to have the agent transfer me to a rude person trying to upsell another slightly more expensive subscription plan to me.

This agent repeatedly told me that (from his notes) no one ever offered us a free trial of Showtime (which is frustrating and makes me upset to hear someone almost call you a liar on the phone). I explained that the ONLY reason that I called was because of what I was told. We don't even want Showtime -- but I only wanted to know why the promised free trial wasn't working.

We have been having this problem since July. The agent's only solution is typically to send out techs -- who cannot replicate the problem anyway. It is undoubtedly a software issue (because we didn't have this problem on my sister-in-law's TV when we swapped it for a week...and she didn't have any problems with our TV either). 

Like I said, I have been patient with Comcast Xfinity. Now, because of these poor experiences, I feel like cancelling and telling anyone and everyone on social media to avoid this company.

Contributor

@MNtundraRET wrote:

@vadeltachi wrote:

Thank you for the suggestion; however, I've tried the new cables and they didn't solve the issues here.

I've also tried the suggestion to turn on the "HDMI UHD Color" on the HDMI port connected to the Comcast 4K box and that didn't solve the issue either. According to Samsung, turning this feature on tells the Samsung TV to expect 10-bit color signals from the source.

The issue definitely seems to be related to Samsung 4K TVs and the 4K Comcast box.

I am not sure to tell what software is running on the 4K Comcast box. One version is dated 2/22/19 and another version is 11/12/18. 

We are still having to manually reboot the box every time we want to watch TV.  

The once- daily system refreshes we are able to perform manually do not resolve the issue.

The suggestion was to turn "off" the UHD color on the HDMI port. Was that just a typo. on your post here?

@MNtundraRET  No -- the suggestion was from Samsung. It is apparently irrelevant as Comcast does not send 10-bit color signalling. So, on or off, has made no difference for us.  

New Poster

There is no such thing as HDMI 2.2 The latest version of HDMI is 2.1, and it is not here yet. If you don't know the difference between HDMI and HDCP (Which really can be ver 2.2), please stop confusing people. Just google HDCP and HDMI...

@MNtundraRET wrote:

As already stated; you should be using 4K HDMI cables that are 2.2 compliant. Not all 4K HDMI are created equal. Your first post stated your's are only 2.0 compliant.

Contributor

@Name_Taken wrote:

There is no such thing as HDMI 2.2 The latest version of HDMI is 2.1, and it is not here yet. If you don't know the difference between HDMI and HDCP (Which really can be ver 2.2), please stop confusing people. Just google HDCP and HDMI...

@MNtundraRET wrote:

As already stated; you should be using 4K HDMI cables that are 2.2 compliant. Not all 4K HDMI are created equal. Your first post stated your's are only 2.0 compliant.

I think that MNtundraRET directed his comment to me. I understood what he meant. An upper eschelon tech support rep at Xfinity told me that he was incorrect anyway. He stated that the cable included in the XG1v4 box is HDMI cable 2.0 / HDCP 2.2 cable compatible.

Still, from recommendations from various Xfinity reps and individuals in the forums, I have purchased several new HDMI cable 2.0 / HDCP 2.2 compatible cables. None of them resolved this issue.

I've had this issue since early July 2018. Since I pay well above $2000 per year, I would have expected the corporation to have at least contacted me for a temp fix.

The irony is that we had a very similar issue roughly eleven years ago. When we added Comcast, our flat-panel HDTV at the time (a higher end Toshiba) didn't work with the remote. You could turn on the TV; however, you couldn't use the remote to change channels or even turn the TV off again. It was baffling. 

Over the course of several weeks, different tech support workers were sent to our home. They kept saying that I must have defective HDMI ports on the TV. I pointed out a "fix" that I found online -- simply to show them that I wasn't the only person with a Toshiba TV that was having the problem. The "fix" was to simply use component cables. 

Sure enough, the component cables worked. The tech workers concluded that the "problem" was the television (despite the fact that HDMI worked with EVERY OTHER DEVICE). They even charged me for the visits (which was a pain to get those fees waived). We were just happy to have a working remote control.

A couple of years later, we had another issue with Comcast and we decided to purchase a new TV (since Comcast tech support was still acting as though our TV was defective). Before I disconnected and removed the old TV,  I unplugged the component cables and plugged in the HDMI cable to the Toshiba TV. It worked perfectly.

My guess is that it was a software issue with the box. Apparently, a software update was sent out between the time of our problem and the time when we bought another TV. It fixed the problem. I searched online and several people who had the same issue said that their fix was an update from Comcast.

I think that this is the same issue here. Xfinity continues to try and send tech support workers to our home. Each time, they cannot identify the issue and reach a conclusion that the problem is the TV. This is despite the fact that everything else works well on the TV (including an Xbox, 4K Blu-Ray, 4K Roku, DirecTv [which we tried by temporarily swapping with someone to check], etc.). 

Interestingly, our TV turned on for three days in a row. I thought that the problem might have been resolved. However, it was back to normal yesterday (requiring me to unplug the XG1v4 box and plug it back in). It makes me think that they are working on a fix though. 

I just wish that Xfinity customer service wasn't so dreadful. Has anyone else found that it has taken a turn for the worse over the last month or two?

Frequent Visitor

we have the same issue

brand- new samsung 65 inch 4K tv - new comcast 1GB modem - new comcast 4k DVR box - polk audio command soundbar - orbi wireless system 

4K picture and sound via netflix, Amazon prime, youtube 4k is amazing

every other day or so we have to unplug the comcast box and plug it back in for a 2 minute reboot - not worth it for me to get comcast involved because they can't fix it....and very annoying customer service crew

Frequent Visitor

I found that unplugging the HDMI cable and plugging back in fixed the problem immediately and avoided the 5 minute box reboot.  The problem was completely solved when we switched boxes with another room....

Frequent Visitor

this our main dvr box so it may cause other issues if we switch, it doesn't happen every day, and some days turning it off and on fixes it.

the polk soundbar could also add to the issue, it has Alexa built so when i use Alexa i need to hit the HDMI button on the polk remote to change sound back from Alexa to TV (this is Polk expected behaviour)

but there are lots of 'smart devices' involved ,.....smart tv, smart soundbar, smart X1 box........so i can see why there are potential snags.

i will try unplugging and plugging the HDMI cable if it gets to be too much of a pain.

Regular Visitor

How are you routing the Polk audio. X1 box to Polk audio to the tv? If that’s the case Try routing x1 box to hdmi port #1 then from tv ARC hdmi port #4 to the audio system. That’s how I had to rout my HDMI cable and it works
Good luck
New Poster

I have exactly the same issue.  Samsung 4kTV, X1 box.  Several visits, box change and nothing corrects the issue for more than 24 hours.  I use the "My Account" app to send a restart signal to the box, wait the 5 minutes for everything to reload and then it works fine until the next day.  Turning off power savings, changing resolution, using different HDMI cables (and ports on the TV) and a new surge protector (all suggested by various Comcast technical support folks) had no effect on the problem.  It is very frustrating to have to do this every time we watch Xfinity.  Roku, Applet TV and Samsung DVD player all work as designed with any of the HDMI cable or ports on the Samsung set. 

Frequent Visitor

Is there any way to talk to a Comcast engineer?  Someone posted a while ago that Comcast was working on solving this problem.  I am not sure how that information was obtained.

Official Employee

Hi everyone. Good afternoon. I can make an attempt to partner with our engineers regarding the issue with the XG1v4 that you all are experiencing. I cannot make any promises though or set any expectation of what we will be able to do or when we'll be able to do it. However, I will see if I can get their opinion on this and check to see if it's something in our control that we have the ability to fix. I will post an update here when I have one. Thank you all for your continued patience and understanding. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

actually hasn't happended to me for over a week straight after happening daily for weeks. not sure if that means Comcast has fixed something or firmware updates to TV fixed something.

65 inch samsung ultra HD,  4K X1 box, Polk CommandBar Sound Bar.

HDMI from X1 box to TV,  HDMI from TV ARC to Polk ARC ..

Contributor

@ComcastMorgan wrote:

Hi everyone. Good afternoon. I can make an attempt to partner with our engineers regarding the issue with the XG1v4 that you all are experiencing. I cannot make any promises though or set any expectation of what we will be able to do or when we'll be able to do it. However, I will see if I can get their opinion on this and check to see if it's something in our control that we have the ability to fix. I will post an update here when I have one. Thank you all for your continued patience and understanding. 

Thank you. Please let us know. I did notice a slight change recently. Over the last two weeks, I haven't had to reboot EVERY day. Rather, I've only had to reboot every other day.

In fact, there was a stretch of about three days this past week where I didn't have to reboot. It felt wonderful -- since I have been rebooting everyday for nearly a year now. 

Unfortunately, the problem was still there on Wednesday and Thursday (requiring reboots on both days). However, it worked today. 

Official Employee

Very good to know. Please continue to post any further updates here. I imagine you don't experience this problem when the HDMI connection goes straight from the Comcast cable box and into your TV, is that correct? If you can confirm, that would be great. I just need to make sure. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.