Community Forum

XG1v4 dual audio output possible?

New Poster

XG1v4 dual audio output possible?

I recently upgraded to an Xg1v4 cable box. I am connecting to my surround sound system with HDMI. With the old box that was replaced, I could connect to the second amplifier in my system with RCA audio cables, but this output is missing on the XG1v4 box. Is there anyway to achieve a second audio out with the XG1v4?

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: XG1v4 dual audio output possible?

Sorry, no

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster
Gold Problem Solver

Re: XG1v4 dual audio output possible?

As mentioned,

You will need to buy an HDMI audio extractor. If you need analog audio pay close attention. Not all of them have it. Adding, if you convert X1 HDMI audio to analog there is a good possibility the analog audio will not be completely in sync with the HDMI audio. In my current house it would not be an issue. In my previous house lack of audio sync would have been a really big problem because the audio zones overlapped.

Important to note here that Comcast would consider this a 3rd party solution and they typically do not support 3rd party solutions.

@hallick wrote:

I recently upgraded to an Xg1v4 cable box. I am connecting to my surround sound system with HDMI. With the old box that was replaced, I could connect to the second amplifier in my system with RCA audio cables, but this output is missing on the XG1v4 box. Is there anyway to achieve a second audio out with the XG1v4?