Community Forum

XG1v4 doesn't work with deep color UHD (10- & 12- bit compatibility)

Frequent Visitor

XG1v4 doesn't work with deep color UHD (10- & 12- bit compatibility)

Hi there- 

There was another thread I found when I was experiencing the problem of having the XG1v4 UHD box failing to provide anything other than a black signal and no sound when waking up from sleep.

Turns out that by turning off the deep color setting on my TV, it now works fine.

However, I believe that this STB should be supporting 10 and 12 bit color profiles so that my other devices that are connected via my AV Receiver (which includes the XG1v4) can deliver the full range of color profiles to my LG tv.

My set up:

Fire TV-------

Shield TV----  Yamaha A780 ---- HDMI 4k ARC ---- LG C8P

XG1v4---------

On this TV, the setting in question is Settings->Picture->HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Color

Hopefully Comcast is working on support for this.

Official Employee

Re: XG1v4 doesn't work with deep color UHD (10- & 12- bit compatibility)

insanity_check, thank you for letting us know! I'll be sure to submit your feedback regarding UHD Deep Color. Thank you for taking the time to reach out! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Is it possible to get a response to this thread when it is resolved so I know when I should try to enable it again. It’s hard to know otherwise since the box doesn’t inform you when it self upgrades nor are there release notes to know if it is included anyway.
Official Employee

I understand where you're coming from! I'll keep the thread open and let you know as soon as there's an update.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Any word on this fix?  As of today, turning UHD deep color on that HDMI input so that other boxes like FireTV 4k work totally crashes out the Comcast box still requiring a complete power cycle.  

Trouble is, as soon as you use a device with Deep color support like FireTV 4k, the TV mandatorily switches the input to Deep Color support.  So unless you remember to go and turn it off before you shut it down, the next time you startup your rig with the Comcast box input selected, it requires yet another restart....super drag.

thanks,

Frequent Visitor

Hi there - 

LG C8 UHD TV with XG1v4 still fails to start properly (yamaha says it sees a video and audio signal from it but it is black screen on the LG). When you power down the XG1 box, without any changes to the power status of the LG or Yamaha, the box reboots and picture/audio restore properly.  However, this still stinks because as of the latest LG update, the LG FORCES the Deep color setting on when you power up the 3 devices.  XG1v4 was updated on 9-Sep.  AX014AN_3.1.0p4s2_PROD_sey.