Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

XG1v4 audio out

New Poster

XG1v4 audio out

The  XG1v4 has no audio RF outputs like the X1. How do I get the audio into my HiFi system?
My SHARP UHD TV has audio outputs, but I cannot get anything to come out of them.
Thanks,
Steve
<edited to remove private information>@comcast.net
Official Employee

Re: XG1v4 audio out

It will have to come out of your tv, if you’re getting audio out of your tv through tv speakers but not through the audio outputs you need to double check your connections and tv settings.
New Poster

I’m having the same problem. Old X1 box was fine. Using HDMI to the TV, then optical from TV to soundbar. I can get sound out of the TV speakers, but not through the optical. Other devices (laptop) still work fine in the same mode.
I’m wondering if the XG1v4-A outputs sound in a format my TV can’t convert for optical, but can play through its stereo speakers.
Expert

@Ultimiller wrote:
I’m having the same problem. Old X1 box was fine. Using HDMI to the TV, then optical from TV to soundbar. I can get sound out of the TV speakers, but not through the optical. Other devices (laptop) still work fine in the same mode.
I’m wondering if the XG1v4-A outputs sound in a format my TV can’t convert for optical, but can play through its stereo speakers.

does your soundbar have an HDMI input? if so, connect the x1 set top box there and then use the HDMI out to the TV. (use the HDCP 2.2 input for 4k UHD)