Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

XG1v4 White Light flashing

Regular Contributor

XG1v4 White Light flashing

I have 2 XG1v4 DVR's. One of them has a flashing white light which started this morning. I have done a hard and soft reboot and when it starts back up it starts flashing again.

It doesn't appear to have any issues, no error messages and the other box is still a solid white light.

Any ideas as to what the problem might be and how to fix it?

Thanks!

New Poster

Re: XG1v4 White Light flashing

I have this same problem, same day Tue. May 22, 2018  10:00 AM.  No messages, no errors.

Xfinity Support.... what's the deal?

Official Employee

Usually it means it’s taking an update. If you turn off the light, you’ll never be bothered by it
Regular Contributor

I think it's an update problem from last night...
Problem Solver

Relax, it's just an update. Mine was flashing earlier this morning, when I came home it was off and working normally once I powered it on. 

This only difference I found was in Settings | About | Environment - it went from c5-88 to c5-r6. 

"Sometimes the best way to learn something is by doing it wrong and looking at what you did." - Neil Gaiman
Expert

@darkangelic wrote:

Relax, it's just an update. Mine was flashing earlier this morning, when I came home it was off and working normally once I powered it on. 

This only difference I found was in Settings | About | Environment - it went from c5-88 to c5-r6. 

There was a change to Comcast Labs; don't know what else.