Community Forum

XG1v4 - No Power

cmp5730
New Poster

XG1v4 - No Power

Has anyone else had experience with a new XG1v4 simply not power on?  I exchanged my XG1v3 for the 1v4 today, brought it home connected power, HDMI and coax...nothing.  The remote doesn't do a thing and my tv is happily displaying 'No Signal'.

I'm tech-savvy and have extremely strong google-fu but I can't - for the life of me - figure out how to get the box to simply turn on.

CCAndrew
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: XG1v4 - No Power

Bad power supply? Bad box?

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
cmp5730
New Poster

Yeah, that's kinda what I'm thinking - just wanted a sanity-check to make sure I wasn't missing something overly obvious.  Scheduled a tech to come out - thanks for the feedback!!

Rustyben
Expert

@cmp5730 wrote:

Has anyone else had experience with a new XG1v4 simply not power on?  I exchanged my XG1v3 for the 1v4 today, brought it home connected power, HDMI and coax...nothing.  The remote doesn't do a thing and my tv is happily displaying 'No Signal'.

I'm tech-savvy and have extremely strong google-fu but I can't - for the life of me - figure out how to get the box to simply turn on.

is the center green LED on the front of the xg1v4 on?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!