Community Forum

XG1v4 HD Picture Quality When Set to UHD

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

XG1v4 HD Picture Quality When Set to UHD

Just got my XG1v4 today.  Set to 4K and watched some Netflix content without issue.  Beautiful. 

Coming back to regular broadcast 1080p HD channels while still running 2160p, the content looked like a smoothing algorithm was enabled.  Sure enough, changing the box resolution back to 1080p removed this smoothing and the picture was sharper.   It was the unanimous opinion of everyone watching. 

Anyone else notice this?  Is there a way to keep the box 1080p native and change only to 2160p automatically when there is content?

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: XG1v4 HD Picture Quality When Set to UHD

Sorry, no there is presently not a native setting.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

I see.  Any ideas on how to get the 2160p to look as good as the 1080p?  Can the anti aliasing (best way to describe) feature in 2160p be controllable in the menu?

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

@HD-Tech - I don't think there is a way to control that feature at the moment but I can pass your feedback along the teams. 

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!