Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

XG1 V4 4K HELP !

Regular Visitor

XG1 V4 4K HELP !

Hello.

Just got and xg1 v4 but it doesn't put out 4k..

I have a 2.0 hdmi cable
Samsung 4k curve t.v
Netflix premium UHD account
And of course the 4k xg1 v4 receiver

I can get to put the box in best picture quality available which is 4k .. however it's very grainy and has a lot of ghosting..
When I try to watch Netflix I get zero ultra hd content but when I watch it via Samsung tv i get the hdr and ultra hd content..

Also when I watch YouTube via the xg1 v4 when I check the quality it only says HD1080 not "4k" any help is appreciated
Official Employee

Re: XG1 V4 4K HELP !

Is your hdmi attached to a 4K hdmi port on your tv? Check your tv manual
Is your dvr set to the proper video display?
Regular Visitor

My hdmi port.. I put it on hdmi slot 1 since it says to ..
Screenshot_20180402-223448_Drive.jpg
Official Employee

There’s no 4K reference there in the diagram, looking deeper into your manual, do you have to manually designate it as 4K. If the hdmi ports are already 4K,they’d be labeled as such. What’s your tv model number?
Problem Solver

@ComcastAndrew wrote:
There’s no 4K reference there in the diagram, looking deeper into your manual, do you have to manually designate it as 4K. If the hdmi ports are already 4K,they’d be labeled as such. What’s your tv model number?

The OP's first picture shows a model HU7200. The "H" stands for a 2013 model for Samsung. The HDMI port would be 4K. The HDMI cable he is using might not be 4K compliant for the needed connection between the 4K DVR and the television.

One thing not mentioned yet is that "You Tube" does not necessarily start a vidio at "4K". If the "HD" box is showing up by the title, we need select the Options box on lower left of buffer screen and select the 4K icon. Actual resolution might only be 1080P so we need to select 4K to force a 4K signal to be downloaded by "You Tube". If the OP's available broadband speed is too low the video may lose sound or video to load over and over again.

If things work when using app on television directly over the Internet, the problem is either his set-up, or a problem with the 4K VCR. In Comcast's case that might mean week signals reaching Comcast equipment involved through Comcast coaxial cables.

Official Employee

@ComcastAndrew wrote:

Just looking at the Samsung website regarding your tv, it seems that it upscales to 4K that's why there's not a designated 4K hdmi port. You'll probably have to put the DVR's video display to 1080i or 1080p and let the tv do the work.

New Poster

Looking at samsung website. It looks like u have to get the evolution kit added to tv to get hdcp 2.2 which is required for netflix 4k. http://www.samsung.com/africa_en/tvs/uhd-hu7200/
New Poster

Regular Visitor

Thank you all for the prompt response...

My tv is NATIVE 4k it doesn't upscale I know this bec. Its able to get hdr content via Netflix if I run it through the tv apps..

You do not need that samsung kit bec. All it does is a passthrough so you just have one cable instead of more than one .

I also have a hdmi 2.0 cable so my cords are all up to date..

Still dont know what it is but its annoying I pay $215 a month for their triple play but I get lackluster services especially my internet that's supposed to be 400 MBPS but I'm only getting 100..
Official Employee

Hi BarryBonds25, try connecting the XG1v4 to HDMI 3 (MHL). According to the manual this is the only port that supports HDCP 2.2 which is required for 4K content. After connecting, make sure that the device resolution is set to 2160p60 and not 2160p30. Let us know how that works out for you.

EDIT: Also, double check that the TV will actually support a 2160p60 connection to the HDMI input. One problem with some older 4K TVs is that they only support 2160p30 on their HDMI ports. If this is the case you will only get HD Netflix, not 4K UHD. This is not a limitation of the XG1v4. I have an older Vizio 4K TV that has 4x 2160p30 ports  and even with an HDCP 2.2 supported connection on my Roku Ultra I only get HD content in Netflix.