Community Forum

XG1-A vs. RNG200n

Frequent Visitor

XG1-A vs. RNG200n

My DVR has been the XG1-A for some time, but we’ve been having problems most nights now during prime time hours (8 - 10 pm).  

A Technician visited and said he made some adjustments outside and that the box should be fine.  But the problems resurfaced days later.

A Comcast phone rep said they would send a new box. 

It arrives and it’s a RNG200N (not new, but looking very used and scratched up). They also sent an older (non-voice) remote. I already had a voice remote for a couple of years. They also sent an email to welcome me and raised my prices considerably.  

Is this RNG200N an older model?  It seems they sent me older, used equipment  and raised my prices.  Thank you for your feedback.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: XG1-A vs. RNG200n

Yeah that’s the wrong equipment, I’ve escalated it up to a colleague to help get you the proper DVR

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thank you.  After receiving the box, I called and spoke to another phone rep. She said the RNG box was equivalent but if I wanted she’d have another box sent (though couldn’t  say what would be sent).  Or she said I could re-pack it and visit a local Xfinity store.  It certainly appears to be a much older box than my current one.

If you can help, that would be much appreciated. 

Official Employee

Hi, RangerWalker. Thanks for posting! Sorry to hear about the confusion with your equipment situation and your DVR trouble. I can take a look at what box options we have for you and also take a look at your current plan to see what recommendations I may have for you. Please send me a private message with your name and we will go from there. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Thanks!

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

I ended up not hearing back from you any further regarding your account/plan situation. I will go ahead and complete this interaction and if you end up needing further support with it, please send me a private message and I will be happy to continue working with you in order to reach a solution. Thank you.