Community Forum

XG1-A cable box

New Poster

XG1-A cable box

Will I get 4K signals for my TV with the xfinity XG1-A cable box?

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: XG1-A cable box

Presently, only if you have a Netflix 4K account (that’s the only content) and if you’re referring to V4 of the XG1

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I just picked up an X1 box that displays an "XG1-A" on the front and model no. "ARRIS AXO13ANM" on the back. Is this a "Version 4"? If not, will this box support 4k streaming? I do have the Netflix 4k account.

@CCAndrew wrote:
Presently, only if you have a Netflix 4K account (that’s the only content) and if you’re referring to V4 of the XG1

Expert

@Sacto_Rich wrote:

I just picked up an X1 box that displays an "XG1-A" on the front and model no. "ARRIS AXO13ANM" on the back. Is this a "Version 4"? If not, will this box support 4k streaming? I do have the Netflix 4k account.

@CCAndrew wrote:

no. the xg1v4 is very small, and has only an LED light in the middle front (no display)

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

@Rustyben wrote:

@Sacto_Rich wrote:

@CCAndrew wrote:

no. the xg1v4 is very small, and has only an LED light in the middle front (no display)

I just talked to a Comcast agent who looked up my equipment and confirmed the store gave me the non 4k Version 3. She noted the Ver 3 has a clock but the Ver 4 does not. Today I need to take this box back to the store and swap it for the Ver 4 (agent says the store has 20 in stock) and read them a riot act; half a day shot yesterday setting up a box that does not support my other 4k components. Shame, SHAME on Comcast!!!

Official Employee

@Rustyben wrote:
@Anon434141 wrote:

@ComcastAndrew wrote:

I just talked to a Comcast agent who looked up my equipment and confirmed the store gave me the non 4k Version 3. She noted the Ver 3 has a clock but the Ver 4 does not. Today I need to take this box back to the store and swap it for the Ver 4 (agent says the store has 20 in stock) and read them a riot act; half a day shot yesterday setting up a box that does not support my other 4k components. Shame, SHAME on Comcast!!!

Anon434141, that is correct. The xg1v3 has a clock on the front while the xg1v4 (4K) does not. Apologies for the mix up with the boxes. I'd be happy to swap out your box and get you the right one and mail it to you so you don't have to make another trip. Please send me a private message with your full name so I can help. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!