Community Forum

X11 remote keeps losing the 30-second skip

Frequent Visitor

X11 remote keeps losing the 30-second skip

and reverts to 5 minutes.  The only thing that fixes it is a box restart which takes 5 minutes.  I hate that.  How do I fix this annoyance? 

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

Re: X11 remote keeps losing the 30-second skip

The 30 second skip feature is handled by the box itself not the remote. Most people who have reported this issue say that unplugging the box once solves the issue. Just for fun, I would another XR11 remote. If that didn't help I would check to make sure all connections are tight because this problem can be caused by poor signals reaching the box.

@OrangeMarker wrote:

and reverts to 5 minutes.  The only thing that fixes it is a box restart which takes 5 minutes.  I hate that.  How do I fix this annoyance? 

Regular Contributor

@OrangeMarker wrote:

I have lost the 30 second skip 3 days in a row on a brand new box.  You do not have to do a restart.

Do an exit exit exit 0500 first -that resets the default.  You do that because  the box still has the 0030 code as last inputed. Follow with exit exit exit 0030 and it should work again without a restart.

Expert

comcast has stated 'this' isn't true, but it happens on the first boot when a new firmware is installed on all my DVRs except the single xg1v4. like rick says just reboot the box and 2nd boot 'fixes' the problem.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Gold Problem Solver

Adding to this topic,

I have had X1 service for 5.5 years in two different locations. I believe I have seen this issue once in 5.5 years and an unplug and reboot fixed it. However my X1 signal levels have been superb in both locations which may offer an explanation.

Signal levels within the specific levels that Comcast has mentioned are critical to reliable X1 service.

New Poster

If people paid attention to the question, which asks how to fix the 30 second rewind function WITHOUT box restart, they would see tbill1 got it
New Poster

That's not it. Exit exit exit docent work on the XR11 remote.

Expert

@bluepug13 wrote:

That's not it. Exit exit exit docent work on the XR11 remote.

that procedure modifies the set top box not the remote. if you have 2 remotes connected to the set top box, after making the setting both remote's page up will be 30 seconds and page down will be 15 seconds.. If the remote is doing 5 minutes at any time you just reboot the set top box and it will load the correct settings.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!