Community Forum

X1 self install gives the XRE-10000 error

New Poster

X1 self install gives the XRE-10000 error

I am trying to install cable TV from a self install kit and the boxes haven't been able to activate for over a week.  They all give me the XRE-10000 error message with an 866 number to call.  I called that number when it first happened, and they weren't able to fix it.  Something about the work order having been not completed for the change of servce address.

That was LAST Thursday.

I'm sure I've entered the correct account number and phone number, and the service transfer has GOT to be complete by now.  Should I try calling that 866 number again, or is there something I'm just not following, an extra step I didn't do or something...

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 self install gives the XRE-10000 error

ErikInSeattle wrote:

I am trying to install cable TV from a self install kit and the boxes haven't been able to activate for over a week.  They all give me the XRE-10000 error message with an 866 number to call.  I called that number when it first happened, and they weren't able to fix it.  Something about the work order having been not completed for the change of servce address.

That was LAST Thursday.

I'm sure I've entered the correct account number and phone number, and the service transfer has GOT to be complete by now.  Should I try calling that 866 number again, or is there something I'm just not following, an extra step I didn't do or something...

YES!!!  Call the 866 number and tell them how long this has been.... you just may need a TECH to rollout and check your infrastructure to ensure it is up to specifications for the X1 system.   X1 requires almost perfect signal levels and is not anything like Legacy cable...   Everything you do on the X1 system is communicated to the X1 servers and then that instruction is sent back to your X1 boxes....   The TECH will also install a MOCA filter @ POE or in the attic ahead of the zero-loss amp ( if needed )...