Community Forum

X1 says "Something's not quite right" on TV

New Poster

X1 says "Something's not quite right" on TV

I installed the X1 boxes last weekend. They have been working fine until today, the secondary tv gives the above message. Per instructions, I checked that the cable connections are tight, and unplugged the box for over 10 seconds, 3 times, each time getting the same message. I went to xfinity.com/x1support and can't find any helpful troubleshooting info.

The bottom right says "RDK-1000".

Official Employee

Re: X1 says "Something's not quite right" on TV

jimr11 wrote:

I installed the X1 boxes last weekend. They have been working fine until today, the secondary tv gives the above message. Per instructions, I checked that the cable connections are tight, and unplugged the box for over 10 seconds, 3 times, each time getting the same message. I went to xfinity.com/x1support and can't find any helpful troubleshooting info.

The bottom right says "RDK-1000".

Try unplugging both boxes. Plug in the main box XG2, let it boot to live TV and then plug in the XiD.

New Poster

Well, I checked behind the wall unit where the cable comes out of the wall, and see that there is another cable connection. It seemed slightly loose, I tightened and rebooted, and that fixed it.

New Poster

Update: I unplugged the secondary box (XiD?) just to switch outlets, and the message came up again. So this time I did unplug them both, plugged and booted the main one first, and the second one not only works again, it booted in a couple of minutes instead of the 15 or 20 minutes it took every other time!

This also saved us the inconvenience of a service call.

Thanks ComcastAndrew!

New Poster

We Have had the same problem all day and all night. we called and they said we had to wait until Wednesday for a technician. we just tried your suggestion but it's still not working. any other suggestions?
Problem Solver

Hello lclgirls03,

My apologies for your service issue. Upon review of your account I see that your appointment was cancelled. Has your issue been resolved?

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

No. Supposed to be weds between 10 & 12. Still not working
Problem Solver

Hello lclgirls03,

I have sent you a private message to further assist you.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I had Comcast installed on Monday. Your tech brought 1 of 5 boxes. Other 4 were mailed and now I have a somethings not quite right message on all 4 tvs. Not the best way for a company to start off with a new  customer. I've restarted the box several time and get the same message every time. 

Gold Problem Solver

FrustratedMandy wrote:

I had Comcast installed on Monday. Your tech brought 1 of 5 boxes. Other 4 were mailed and now I have a somethings not quite right message on all 4 tvs. Not the best way for a company to start off with a new  customer. I've restarted the box several time and get the same message every time. 

What is the model #' of the box that was delivered, and the model #'s of the other 4 boxes and are they installed at this time?   If you have  DVR and XiD's, shut off power to all units by pulling the plug.   Plug in the DVR first and allow it to come up fully online.,  Now begin the same process with each of the 4 other boxes.  Once this is done, do you now have all boxes working?    If not and you are still seeing the Not Quite Right Message, you may need a TECH onsite to evaluate and make the repairs necessary within your residence,

New Poster

This helped me as well.  Both televisions upstairs were receiving the something not quite message and unplugging the boxes weren't working.  I did as suggested and it reset both!  If this happens again, I will certainly put this on my list of troubleshooting options.  Thanks!

New Poster

Thank you!!! This worked for me!
New Poster

I had Comcast tech out last wek and he spent an hour upgrading my system. New DVR and 4 Xids. All worked well for about 7 days, then started getting "Something's not quite right" messages on two units - the DVR and one XiD.   I have a somethings not quite right message on all 4 tvs.  I've restarted the DVR box several time and get the same message every time. 

I shut off power to all units then started the DVR box - same message. Did it thjree times - same result.

shut off power to all units by pulling the plug.   Plugged in the DVR first and allowed it to come up fully online.,  Now begin the same process with each of the 4 other boxes.  Once this is done, do you now have all boxes working?   NO!

New Poster

No help. Tried unplugging then plugging back in and it still has the same message. "Somethings not quite right". Worked right for over a month now all of a sudden it doesn't work.
Silver Problem Solver

wrote:
No help. Tried unplugging then plugging back in and it still has the same message. "Somethings not quite right". Worked right for over a month now all of a sudden it doesn't work.

Did you try calling 1800comcast?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

My box did the same-rebooted about 7 times-talked to 3 different people on 1-800-comcast. They said a needed a technician. Suddenly a couple hours later it started working so I cancelled my appointment. An hour later did it again. I gave up. The next morning it was working-for about 2 days. Now it's happening again-I'm so frustrated-clearly something's not right

Official Employee

Try moving your dvr temporarily to where your secondary box is and see if it powers up to live tv. That will tell you if it’s possibly the cable outlet or the box itself.