Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

X1 remotes' battery level low notification

Contributor

X1 remotes' battery level low notification

Recently all of my X1 remotes', XR11 and XR1, are sending a low battery notification when just 60% battery strength is remaining when I turn on TV's.
The physical test using remote keys to check battery levels, hols setup until light on remote turns from red to green than push 9-9-9 and count flashes, gives me 3 green flashes(out of max 4).
Seems overly sensitive to me. Brand New batteries will start to cause this notification within 3 weeks.
Any chance of adjusting the sensitivity of this notification? When a user has 4 TV's and they all start giving this notification constantly it is very annoying. I'm not changing batteries every 3 weeks!
Official Employee

Re: X1 remotes' battery level low notification

Hi Neverendingmods. Unfortunately we do not have this feature available. I will pass this feedback along to our Video Product Team. Thank you for your feedback. 

Valued Contributor

Yep I found the X1 remotes to eat batteries very fast.  I stopped using them and got universal units, programmed them, and only use the X1 remotes for a few items.  The universal one I now use I only have to change the batteries once a year if that,  I really think comcast has stock in the battery companies IMO. 

Expert

@fedup978 wrote:

Yep I found the X1 remotes to eat batteries very fast.  I stopped using them and got universal units, programmed them, and only use the X1 remotes for a few items.  The universal one I now use I only have to change the batteries once a year if that,  I really think comcast has stock in the battery companies IMO. 

Nor likely.  I haven't had to replace my batteries for months since I started using the lithium type.

Contributor

I'm getting 3 flashing green blinks on the Comcast remote when I do the .....hold setup, then 9 9 9 test. The message on TV and the "about" page in settings shows just 60% life left. 60% should give me an easy 2-3 months of use. Every time the tv is off long enough to put the cable box in it's semi sleep state, you know the wake up bumbling/stutter, it gives me the battery message on screen. It's too sensitive.
I have a habit of always holding the remotes when watching TV and this I know eats batteries with the motion sensor backlit keys. But I get 6+ months easily depending on battery type. Except bedroom TV I fall asleep with remote on me, next to me and drain battery fast.