Community Forum

X1 remote

New Poster

X1 remote

I already know Comcast does not care but their remote for the X1 is junk and only works on recording a series of programs about 1/4 of the time and good luck on getting the guide onto all channels.  Any one get help fixing that piece of junk?

Expert

Re: X1 remote

@Joehitzel wrote:

I already know Comcast does not care but their remote for the X1 is junk and only works on recording a series of programs about 1/4 of the time and good luck on getting the guide onto all channels.  Any one get help fixing that piece of junk?

is this a new installation? the X1's modern remotes (xr11 and xr15) even have voice control. the scheduling of episodic TV programs have several option to record just what you desire. the guide is like a web page and appears 'instantly'. Would you like to schedule a technician to check out any problems you may have with your connection?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
New Poster

I would love to see an Xfinity tech properly program my X1 remote to do the things it is supposed to do!

Expert

@Joehitzel wrote:

I would love to see an Xfinity tech properly program my X1 remote to do the things it is supposed to do!

hi, do you have the XR11 or XR15 voice remote? did you try pressing the A button on your remote and run the Setup Remote function?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
New Poster

The X1 remote does not work properly and no amount of restting fixes it.

New Poster

tried it but there is nothing on those options to fix the setting for guide or recording all episodes of a program.

Official Employee

What guide setting are you trying to fix?
Which program are you trying to record?
New Poster

Yes, but only if xfinity is going to pay for it.  It is their equipment that does not work!