Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

X1 remote

Regular Visitor

X1 remote

The voice part of my X1 remote no longer works. Every time I say a command it says sorry I didn’t get that. I have changed the batteries, unpaired and repaired the remote, restarted the box, did a system refresh, and finally exchanged the remote for a new one. Still it does not get my commands. I have the TV muted and there is no other sound in the room except my voice. Any suggestions?
Expert

Re: X1 remote

Bruno59 wrote:
The voice part of my X1 remote no longer works. Every time I say a command it says sorry I didn’t get that. I have changed the batteries, unpaired and repaired the remote, restarted the box, did a system refresh, and finally exchanged the remote for a new one. Still it does not get my commands. I have the TV muted and there is no other sound in the room except my voice. Any suggestions?

if you press the microphone blue button and hold it does the TV screen popup 'listening' text?

Regular Visitor

Yes it does
Expert

Bruno59 wrote:
Yes it does

when it says listening try 'about' then let go of the button. (where are you speaking into the remote? the hole for the microphone appears to be just below the LED on the remote.

Regular Visitor

I tried as you suggested by saying "about" at the correct place in the remote, but get the same response..."Sorry, I didn't Get that". I would also like to add that on rare occasions, it will understand my command only once and then not again, but these instances are few and far apart.

Expert

Bruno59 wrote:

I tried as you suggested by saying "about" at the correct place in the remote, but get the same response..."Sorry, I didn't Get that". I would also like to add that on rare occasions, it will understand my command only once and then not again, but these instances are few and far apart.

drop in at your local Comcast store and pick up a new remote. if same problem the system may be having trouble with an accent or too 'loud' or too soft spoken voice.

Regular Visitor

So I went to the local Xfinity store and picked up a new remote. So disappointed because I still have the same problem. I just don’t understand why with two of my boxes I have no problem with the voice remote but my main box I do. I’m thinking of leaving Comcast now. I’m tired of paying this bill when stuff doesn’t work
Expert

Bruno59 wrote:
So I went to the local Xfinity store and picked up a new remote. So disappointed because I still have the same problem. I just don’t understand why with two of my boxes I have no problem with the voice remote but my main box I do. I’m thinking of leaving Comcast now. I’m tired of paying this bill when stuff doesn’t work

do you talk softly to the remote's microphone? try saying 'on demand' softly when you see listening on the screen. I actually speak when the remote 'beeps' confirming it has connection to the set top box.

Expert

Bruno59 wrote:

Do you have your X1 STB in an enclosed cabinet and is the remote paired?

Regular Visitor

The box is not in an enclosed cabinet and the remote is paired.
Expert

New remotes are free at the nearest Xfinity Store.  Try a second one.  I have multiple remotes paired to all my TV's.

Regular Visitor

I am already on my 4th one. Enough is enough
Expert

Bruno59 wrote:
I am already on my 4th one. Enough is enough

Which X1 box do you have?  What is the model number?

Regular Visitor

After several new remote controls, several phone calls to Comcast customer service and tech-support and several trips to the Xfinity store. Finally I had to get nasty with them, obviously that is the only way to get results with Comcast. I insisted after the first new remote did not work that it was my box and they constantly belittled me making it sound like I did not know what I was talking about. Long story short, I had to get mean and nasty with them in insist on them giving me a new box. Guess what, I was right the new box resolved the issue. It was not the remote after all it was the box, imagine that.