Community Forum

X1 remote stops working

New Poster

X1 remote stops working

Why do my X1 remotes need to be resyned with the decoder boxs so often? ie: use the setup button and the xfinity button and put in the 3 digits that apear on the screen.  It is not uncommen to have to do this twice in an evening!   When I asked at the store they gave me 2 new remotes but they still have the same problem of forgeting the pairing.  I have 3 HD decoder boxes 2 small and one main I've marked the remotes so there is no mixups. This problem seems to happen on slave boxes mostly. any Ideas why?  

Silver Problem Solver

Re: X1 remote stops working

What model are the slaves? RNG150?  XiD?

I tried to pair a remote yesterday and it seemed it wasn't being fully paired (no volume control).  I finally figured out I was rushing through the pair procedure and not following every on-screen step.  Problem solved. 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

Re: X1 remote stops working

Robert

My units are XiD-P slave units.   The remotes are fully synced with the player units and the display and will still control the volume when they stop talking to the XiD-p units and need to be resynced and on occasion I've had to push the power button on the top of the unit to get its attention so I can begin the sync process.

ii's like the slave units just go stupid and stop responding.

so I  think that I'm  doing the pairing procedure correctly.

thanks

@ wrote:

What model are the slaves? RNG150?  XiD?

I tried to pair a remote yesterday and it seemed it wasn't being fully paired (no volume control).  I finally figured out I was rushing through the pair procedure and not following every on-screen step.  Problem solved.