Community Forum

X1 remote - jump forward

New Poster

X1 remote - jump forward

There is a 10 minute jump ahead button on the old remotes but I can't find one on the new X1 remote.  I see a back button but no jump forward button - anyone know if it's there and I just don't know what I'm looking for?

And yes I understand the fast forward but when watching On Demand and FF is disabled, I don't particulary like watching commercials and that jump button was nice - jump ahead and just rewind back to the end of the commercials.  I miss that with the new X1 remote. 

Gold Problem Solver

Re: X1 remote - jump forward

With X1 the PAGE UP and PAGE DOWN buttons are the "skip" buttons. By default the skip is set to 5 minutes. It can be reprogrammed to be a 30 skip if you wish.
New Poster

It's the Page Up button.

Silver Problem Solver

There is no jumping with the X1 remotes.

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-get-to-know-the-xr2-and-xr5-remote/

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/XR11-remote-FAQs

(you didn't say which one you had - google for more information)

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

How do you reprogram it to skip 30?

Gold Problem Solver

GageMan76 wrote:

How do you reprogram it to skip 30?

EXIT-EXIT-EXIT 0030 XFINITY button for the 30 second skip.

EXIT-EXIT-EXIT 0500 XFINITY button to go back to 5 minute skip.

-=Ray=-

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Gold Problem Solver
Moved:

Visitor

How do you change the jump forward to 30 seconds or less

Tags (1)
New Poster

EXIT-EXIT-EXIT 0030 XFINITY button for the 30 second skip.
EXIT-EXIT-EXIT 0500 XFINITY button to go back to 5 minute skip.