Community Forum

X1 record button doesn't do anything

New Poster

X1 record button doesn't do anything

I just got the X1 system and I want to record something and I press the record button and it simply doesn't do anything...
Official Employee

Re: X1 record button doesn't do anything

Trojan928 wrote:
I just got the X1 system and I want to record something and I press the record button and it simply doesn't do anything...

Presenty, you do not have a DVR.

Gold Problem Solver

ComcastAndrew wrote:
Trojan928 wrote: ... I press the record button and it simply doesn't do anything...

It's unbelievable that Comcast has allowed this ancient bug to carry forward from it's Legacy equipment into X1. This should have been fixed a decade ago.

Expert

BruceW wrote:
ComcastAndrew wrote:
Trojan928 wrote: ... I press the record button and it simply doesn't do anything...

It's unbelievable that Comcast has allowed this ancient bug to carry forward from it's Legacy equipment into X1. This should have been fixed a decade ago.

how is it a bug if customer has no DVR on his account?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Gold Problem Solver

Rustyben wrote: ... how is it a bug if customer has no DVR on his account?

IMHO when a non-DVR gets a "record" command, it should respond with an error message, not "nothing". This is especially surprising for a sell-at-every-opportunity company like Comcast. A "Get one our wonderful DVRs!" message in that circumstance would be better than a response of "nothing", and perhaps more profitable.