Community Forum

X1 playlist has stopped working

Contributor

Re: X1 playlist has stopped working

No, Playlist is still not working.

New Poster

Mine hasnt worked since March 18th. I was told customers who has this issue does not need to pay for cable until its fixed. Take your time guys!

Frequent Visitor

LOL, that's definitelty not the case, you very much so still have to pay for cable. At best you'll get some credits.

New Poster

Not what I was told, and thoses conversations are recorded. I'll argue that point when the time comes. 

@mdiaz321 wrote:

LOL, that's definitelty not the case, you very much so still have to pay for cable. At best you'll get some credits.

Contributor

@Praise200 wrote:
Xfinity states that Playlist should be fixed by the end of this week with version number 97.1.0. However my version number is 97.1.2. When I asked a rep in chat support I was told he had no idea when mine would be fixed since I have a later version than the fix version. Is this true?

Same here on the version number and my playlist still isn't working. Now I am very concerned. Is there a problem with the lines?

Official Employee

Hello all, 

While we are still waiting for an update from the engineering team, I would like to highlight some important points:

- We fully understand the inconvenience and we apologize for the length of the issue. Our engineering team is working hard to find a solution for the playlist issue. 

- As soon as I get an update - I will let you know in this thread.

- The issue with the playlist was caused by firmware. 

Thank you for your patience!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

**Update**

I just received an update, we have a fix (XRE 97.1.3) that we will start to roll out tonight. Most of the customers should get it by the end of the week. Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

@ComcastElla last week you asked up to PM you so you can research credits for this outage. I did and still haven't received a response from you. Please advise.

Official Employee

@mdiaz321 - Please check your inbox, I replied on April 3rd and the message is still unread. Click on the envelope at the right upper corner, Thank you!

Frequent Visitor

@ComcastElla you are absolutely correct. Thank you, I have responded.

Regular Visitor

I received update 97.1.3 sometime during the night. Playlist seems to be working for now. Now to get rid of duplicate folders in the playlist.

Thank you for getting this fixed. It is much appreciated.

Frequent Visitor

Hi Ella, I know you're off today but just wanted to say that as of this morning 7:25 a.m. I noticed that the Playlist (XRE 97.1.2. ) has come on. Once again, thank you. 

Contributor

@ComcastElla wrote:

**Update**

I just received an update, we have a fix (XRE 97.1.3) that we will start to roll out tonight. Most of the customers should get it by the end of the week. Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Yes as of this morning playlist is working and I have (XRE 97.1.3) when I voice command 'about'.

New Poster

Still not working on any of my boxes (I have 2 boxes and 1 DVR). 

Contributor

@frruley wrote:

@ComcastElla wrote:

**Update**

Yes as of this morning playlist is working and I have (XRE 97.1.3) when I voice command 'about'.

Well during the day of 4/11/19 the  XG1  DVR  playlist worked but by 12AM the next day when I wanted to use the playlist feature I got the following error message 'Sorry this program is unavailable. Please try again in a few minutes. XRE07004'. My playlist is there but none of them work.  So it isn't fixed and I have no idea why.

Frequent Visitor

Same here. Playlist is there, but nothing will play. Error XRE-07004
Contributor

@davistami wrote:

Thanks for posting. I thought maybe it was just me.

Official Employee

Can you play them from the on demand menu? Or do you get the same error?

Can you provide examples as well?

Contributor

@ComcastChad wrote:
Can you play them from the on demand menu? Or do you get the same error?

Can you provide examples as well?

I did this last nite at 12AM, that was 7 hours ago but here is what I ran into. My playlist were there. I could see them on the menu screen but got the XRE 07004 when I tried to run them. This was for all my playlistys. I then ran one of the movies from my playlist through the on demand menu. Yes it played. It was from my TCM and on my TCM playlist. It was "Murder She Said". I watched for over an hour and fell asleep.

I have now created 2 more playlists and for right now they are working. I still get the XRE 07004 message for all the other playlists I had.

Frequent Visitor

Still playlist problem! On 1 of 2 boxes. Tech support absolutely no help. Didn’t know what playlist was. Despite your post of software fix roll out last week - my problem started after that fix. Tech said “a whole lot of calls” still coming in in this playlist issue. Beginning to wish i had not switched to xfinity 2 months ago.
Frequent Visitor

My main box is 96.1.1. So I’ve never received any of the subsequent versions! Still no playlist 4-13-19. My 2nd box is 97.1.3 & no problems. So why did only 1 box get the newest?
New Poster

Update to my previous post a few minutes ago. In addition to the tech support person who gave me $20, the "billing" agent Finally committed to applying another $20 credit which was directly related to the $10 / mom DVR fee.  So my account is supposed to receive a total of $40 credit on my account next bill.      I declined her offers of 3 months free Showtime, HBO none of these things I care about. She offered free movie coupons, I don't rent movies on Xfinity as I go to RedBox, it's $1.89 and better selection of movies anyway. I declined all their <Edited> services and pressed for a credit given that  I am paying for a service that is non-functioning.   Please be strong and ask for a credit to your bill. Hit them where it counts.

<Edited>

Contributor

@davistami wrote:

I have now created 2 more playlists and for right now they are working. I still get the XRE 07004 message for some of the other playlists I had. I plan to just make new playlists maybe that will work for you.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks but i already have 13 different playlists. Today they are working. 2 tvs & only 1 had updated to version 97.1.3 - it was correcting playlist issues. So seems the 1 not updated was the issue. Today it does show ipdated to 97.1.3 & working. Is yours this version?
Contributor

@txtired wrote:
Thanks but i already have 13 different playlists. Today they are working. 2 tvs & only 1 had updated to version 97.1.3 - it was correcting playlist issues. So seems the 1 not updated was the issue. Today it does show ipdated to 97.1.3 & working. Is yours this version?

Yes I have 97.1.3. But some of my older playlists give me the error message. I am just going to make new ones as many of the movies are no longer available. Well that is the work around that has worked for me in the past. Some of this maybe other things at this point. 

New Poster

As of last night my playlist still gives me the "temporary" error and all lists have disappeared.  I have NOT tried creating a new playlist, will try that tonight to see what happens.  I had so many lists, with carefully curated movies and TV shows.  That way, when there was a free preview, I immediately knew which fav movies I could watch because they showed up as "available" in my playlists.  I really missed this feature during Watchathon week.  Mine has been out for several weeks, I live in Ridgeland, MS.  I would be VERY interested in receiving a credit for this service outage as my Xfinity bill has been creeping back up and is close to where it was when I stopped HBO & Showtime to try and save money.  It is my MOST expensive utility, more than power, gas & phone combined.  *sigh*

Diamond Problem Solver
Moved:

Your post has been removed to a secure, hidden area for violating Forum Guidelines [posting personal information]. If you are not familiar with the Guidelines you may review them here. http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Community/Forums-Policy-and-Guidelines/td-p/2618379 Feel free to repost without your information, an employee will request it if necessary

Official Employee

Hello all,

Thank you so much for updating us regarding the playlist issue and I greatly appreciate your patience. I have received several messages regarding the credits, replied back and haven't received a reply back. Please check your inbox. 

@anabanano - I'd be more than happy to review your account if you send me a private message with your full name. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.  

Have a wonderful week!

Contributor

playlist is not running all the way through 0422019

I am getting this going on where the box is now restarting itself every night. For the last few nights my playlist is not running all the way through. 4/28 I finally saw the menu stating a restart was about to happen. This restart was causing the playlist to stop. The box is being restarted every night between 1:00am and 2:00am. This causes the playlist to stop working which is very annoying and on top of that the box updating occurs around 4:00 am to 5:00am which means even if I restart my playlist it is again stopped by the forced update. I can't even move fast enough to choose the option to stop the restart or the update because the option menu isn't on the screen long enough for me to select the option to stop the restart. I have changed the 'Daily Update Time' to 10:00a-12:00p so this happens when I am not using the still flaky box. I wanted to know if others are seeing this issue? Will chaging the 'Daily Update Time' work around this problem so my playlist will work again?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: playlist is not running all the way through 0422019

Unplug your X1 box from AC power so it does a complete reboot. 

I was under the impression that X1 boxes only look roughly two weeks ahead in the guide,

@frruley wrote:

I am getting this going on where the box is now restarting itself every night. For the last few nights my playlist is not running all the way through. 4/28 I finally saw the menu stating a restart was about to happen. This restart was causing the playlist to stop. The box is being restarted every night between 1:00am and 2:00am. This causes the playlist to stop working which is very annoying and on top of that the box updating occurs around 4:00 am to 5:00am which means even if I restart my playlist it is again stopped by the forced update. I can't even move fast enough to choose the option to stop the restart or the update because the option menu isn't on the screen long enough for me to select the option to stop the restart. I have changed the 'Daily Update Time' to 10:00a-12:00p so this happens when I am not using the still flaky box. I wanted to know if others are seeing this issue? Will chaging the 'Daily Update Time' work around this problem so my playlist will work again?

Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately, the playlist is not working again. After the fix, it didn’t work properly. It would stop after playing just one movie from the playlist. Now, I can’t play anything from the playlist. Here is the error message: XRE 07004
When will this be fixed once and for all?
Contributor

@davistami wrote:
Unfortunately, the playlist is not working again. After the fix, it didn’t work properly. It would stop after playing just one movie from the playlist. Now, I can’t play anything from the playlist. Here is the error message: XRE 07004
When will this be fixed once and for all?

I getting the same thing this AM. At 4AM I played my playlist titled  'EN' and just like your experience it ran the first movie and then tried to restart the same movie and remained at the loading screen. I restarted teh playlist 'EN' and fast  forwarded the same event as you described and got the same error code you did XRE 07004. That code menu is only there for a few seconds. Just as a check I manually selected the next movie and with second or two it went right to the error message XRE 07004.   My update version is 97.1.4?  So here we go again. I don't think it even worked for a week. Wonder how long before they fix it this time?

Official Employee

Hello all, 

I will reach out to the engineering team to find out if there is an issue with the new firmware XRE version. 

Thank you so much for letting us know. 

Official Employee

Hello all,

We are currently working on the fix for XRE-07004 error message. Thank you all for your patience! 

Official Employee

Hello, all! 

The new XRE firmware version should be rolled out to almost all customers. Please let me know if you still have issues with the playlist. 

Frequent Visitor

I can’t get anything on my playlist to play. I select it, the three circles appear like it is processing my request, and it pops right back to my playlist screen.