Community Forum

X1 playlist has stopped working

New Poster

My playlist was working fine for the last 2 years and now I cannot get it to work. States playlist not working. May be temporary, check back later. It’s been 2 weeks now. Even had a technician out. He said there was an outage reported. I cannot find anyone else reporting this around me. My XRE protocol version is 2.8.0 my STB version is PXD01ANI_3.3p10s3_PROD_sdy. Please help. The techs on the phone do not understand what I’m even talking about
Official Employee

Re: X1 playlist has stopped working

Sorry about the inconvenience, this will be fixed in our next release - XRE97.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Do you know the date of the next release to fix this issue?
New Poster

Does that mean I’ll need to get a new X1 box? And do you know when that will be released?
New Poster

@Biffy83 wrote:
My playlist was working fine for the last 2 years and now I cannot get it to work. States playlist not working. May be temporary, check back later. It’s been 2 weeks now. Even had a technician out. He said there was an outage reported. I cannot find anyone else reporting this around me. My XRE protocol version is 2.8.0 my STB version is PXD01ANI_3.3p10s3_PROD_sdy. Please help. The techs on the phone do not understand what I’m even talking about

I am in the same situation as you.  Same message for my two televisions (each has its own box/DVR if that matters). It's been like that since last Friday for me.  I've performed all of the reset/restart actions in the Xfinity help menu also.

New Poster

@ComcastChad wrote:
Sorry about the inconvenience, this will be fixed in our next release - XRE97.

When is the next release?  Although I appreciate your quick response, this answer tells me nothing about why my service is down and for how much longer it will be unavailable.  

Regular Visitor

Hi,  My Playlist isn't working either and the screen says that it should only be temporary.   Mine went off around last Wednesday or Thursday.  Did anybody with this problem get it back yet?  I tried doing the rebooting and nothing has helped. 

New Poster

Mine isn't working either, and while I appreciate you answering the question, it gives us no indication of when the problem will be fixed.
New Poster

I too am having the same issue as the rest on here and do agree that your quick answer was appreciated it tells us nothing. As i set up my playlist with films to listen to so i can sleep i really interested in getting this resolved as quickly as possible.

Regular Visitor

Need to know reliease date as I am on a 30 day trial

Regular Visitor

So when will this be released.  Will I need a new box or will mine be updated

New Poster

I would also like a reply from Comcast sooner than later stating specifically when this will be fixed!! Also I would like to know how they will compensate customers for this part of the package failing to work.
New Poster

I am having the same problem it has been going on for 6 weeks with one week in the middle where it worked. It is not your equiptment it is comcast has a issue. I have had a tech out who replaced any questionable components to no avail. Comcast keeps calling asking me if it has been resolved ? The second time it was lost it happened at the 4am update. I was watching a playlist before and after the update the play list was gone and has been gone for a week since then !
New Poster

Well can somone at comcast just tell us when the the date is or has it been removed?

Frequent Visitor

There was an update last night, and still no Playlist. When will the update to fix this be released?
Frequent Visitor

Ok, so COMCAST, you say this will be fixed.....when might that happen? There are several customers here who are upset that it has stopped working for approximately 2 weeks and find that customer service agents don't even seem to know what Playlist is. You answered that it was going to be fixed......when???????
New Poster

Mine too, I add to it and it's been down for a while.

New Poster

CHAD.....When is the fix supposed to start?????????

Regular Visitor

I did an online chat, that resulted in a service ticket. When I called the service number, I spent too much wasted time with the robot on the phone. When I was finally able to talk to a real person, (Dennis) they had me do the same old pull the power cord routines, and sent refresh signal. He finally gave up and moved up to the next service tier.

Rick went through the same refresh game with no results. After an hour on the phone, Rick finally discovered that there was a service outage and promised that the playlist feature would be restored on Wednesday the 27th at 5:17. It's after 11 pm on Thursday and I'm still waiting.

How do you find out what version is running anyway?

Contributor

playlist outage

@Biffy83 wrote:

Mine stopped working on 3/22/19 at 2am. After many calls and 2 chats I was given a repair ticket and told it was an outage. Not sure why this happened and it is my favorite feature so this is getting annoying.

New Poster

How many of you are social media targets like me?

It could be a cable someone is pulling for fun!

I compained to the operator about this and it was fixed.

It lasted 3 days and happened again.

Maybe having an Attorney write a letter to the CEO of Xfinity would do the trick.

Frequent Visitor

My Playlist is gone also. Going on 3 weeks. I'm curious, what state are you in? 

Official Employee

The fix should be out it all customers by end of next week. Fix version is XRE 97.1.0, you can check what version your on in the about screen- use the voice remote and say about.

You don’t need a new box, the update will happen overnight when your box reboots.

A restart or refresh will not fix the issue nor will a box swap or technician/customer service.

unfortunately this is a software issue.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

I think we should tell them we want a discount for those 3 weeks we've been without the Playlist. I'm not getting my hopes up just yet. 

New Poster

Dear 'official employee'.  Thanks for your response.  Please provide the contact info that is needed to initiate a request for an 'outage' credit.  Thanks in advance for your quick response.

Frequent Visitor

We'd like a discount for those weeks that the Playlist was not availble to us. As far as i know, it's been at least 3 weeks. By the time it gets fixed, it'll be 4 weeks. 

Contributor

I am glad there is there a fix to come. 

New Poster

I'm so glad for this forum. My playlist stopped working March 21. I'm in PA. Called Comcast, they went thru the same old reset steps then sent a tech out this past week. The tech told me no one in the office knew anything about the playlist, let alone how to fix it. He said if it didn't come back up, they would replace my box next week. Rationally, I didn't understand how that would help because it's a programming issue, not equipment. Thank you for the info ComcastChad because I use this all the time. I hope y'all fix it soon and a credit would be nice. Thank you in advance.
Official Employee

Hello all,

Please accept my apologies for the issue with the playlist. Our product team is working towards the resolution and the fix should be rolled out by the end of this week. I can review your accounts and see what options we have in regards to the inconvenience you've experienced. I cannot promise anything upfront but I will be happy to check. Please send me a private message and include your first and last name. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.  

Thank you!

Frequent Visitor

@ComcastElla Thank you.

Regular Visitor

My Playlist is not working

My Playlist is still not working! It has been over 2 weeks! I went on the Forums and I saw that other people have had this problem, and someone from Customer Support said that the Playlist would be fixed.  Well, it still is not working.  If this can't be fixed soon, then we should all get something taken off our bill! Why pay for these features if they don't work!

New Poster

So when is this update supposed to happen? Today is 4/6/19, and my playlist hasn't worked for several weeks!

Frequent Visitor

@ComcastElla can you provide us with an update on this situation. The weekend is here and the playlist feature is still not working for us on this thread. I sent you a message as your requested and have not received any confirmation, nor have I received any credits. Customer service continues to call me wanting to reset my cable box and go through all of these standard options and when I tell them about this message board they say they have no idea about what’s being referred to on here.
Contributor

Playlist is working for me.  Thanks.  I did not realize how much I liked having that option until it wasn’t available.

Frequent Visitor

Mine is working as well. Thank you @ComcastElla, would love to hear back from you in regards to the credit options. Thanks!
Frequent Visitor

Still not working!!!
New Poster

Xfinity states that Playlist should be fixed by the end of this week with version number 97.1.0. However my version number is 97.1.2. When I asked a rep in chat support I was told he had no idea when mine would be fixed since I have a later version than the fix version. Is this true?
Contributor

Is it possible to add a title to Favorites or Playlist with the IPad Xfinity app?

New Poster

I have Release Version 97.1.2 and my playlist still doesn’t work. It’s a new box I just went and picked it up last night and installed it this morning. It’s been since March that it has worked and I use it daily. Extremely frustrating!!
Contributor

Well, so disappointed.  Sunday, 6pm, EST,   no playlist.  What is going on?  It was working yesterday.

Regular Visitor

Update.   ComcastChad wrote "The fix should be out it all customers by end of next week. Fix version is XRE 97.1.0, you can check what version your on in the about screen- use the voice remote and say about. "

I am now up to version 97.1.2 and it is still broken.

Official Employee

Hello all,

My apologies for the delayed reply, I'm off on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays. We will investigate the playlist issue further and I will follow up as soon as we get an update. 

I appreciate your patience! Thank you!

Highlighted
Contributor

I have fireware 1.1.3.4  No Playlist.

Regular Visitor

Playlist not working on Xfinity X1 Box.

received the latesed update version 97. playlist is still NOT working.

Official Employee

Hello all,

Our engineering team is still investigating the issue with the playlist. As soon as I get an update - I will let you know. 

Thank you!

New Poster

97.1.2 update is here ... Eureka it works!! 

Regular Visitor

When is this update coming??? I have not been able to access my playlists for 3 weeks, had a tech out, who swapped my box (lost recordings) but turns out it's not a box issue & an update is required. When is this update sent?Smiley Sad

Contributor

Correction, I have

model XR11

operating mode RF

firmware 1.1.3.4

Silver Problem Solver

@Anon1375032 wrote:

Correction, I have

model XR11

operating mode RF

firmware 1.1.3.4

I believe we are discussing the X1 box, not the XR11 remote.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

My playlists are still not working...going on 4 weeks now. Very frustrating!!!