Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

X1 platform and connection issues.

Regular Visitor

X1 platform and connection issues.

Well been having this problem for longer than I care to remeber, the X1 platform is terrible. I get mutliple connection codes and no sevice.  I have uplugged and tighten and powered down and then powered up all to often. Still have no connection or ability to watch my television while connect to Comcast X1 sevice. This has become the normal for the past two weeks, even though a previous mentioned it been going on for a lot longer.  I have contacted Comcast multiple times and have had all of the cable replace from the street side connection to inside my house. Had an several amplifiers installed and replaced. Every service tech that has come to my house tells me everything is fine, including all the cable boxes, yet no one in person or on the phone can identify the problem, never mind getting it fixed. I guess you can not fix if problem if you can not find one. Comcast seems very well adept to this situation.  Well if it not anything in my home, then it must be on Comcast side, but they cannot find fault or dont want to admit fault.   From the reading the forums I am not the only customer to have this issue. Also I have read that is a IP adreess problem with Comcast severs, well if that is the case Comcast please update of  severs,  or sevice them. My other theory is Comcast just is not what they say they are or simply cannot provide the services the claim they have. I am charged well over $200 a month for service not rendered, however cannot be reimbursted for lack of service since Comcast claims it a temporary issue or that there in no issue in my area.  Well news flash your service is failing.  Well calling to get help, they try everything that you have a hundred times and then they tell you have to send a service tech. That alone takes a week. So that tells me that they are so busy trying to fix their inadequate service that my service will never get fixed. So I am not sure what the the problems are, but I do know I have a problem with Comcast service or lack there of. Also that includes the customer service which ranks right up there with the X1 platform. 

Official Employee

Re: X1 platform and connection issues.

@sjcrozier wrote:

Well been having this problem for longer than I care to remeber, the X1 platform is terrible. I get mutliple connection codes and no sevice.  I have uplugged and tighten and powered down and then powered up all to often. Still have no connection or ability to watch my television while connect to Comcast X1 sevice. This has become the normal for the past two weeks, even though a previous mentioned it been going on for a lot longer.  I have contacted Comcast multiple times and have had all of the cable replace from the street side connection to inside my house. Had an several amplifiers installed and replaced. Every service tech that has come to my house tells me everything is fine, including all the cable boxes, yet no one in person or on the phone can identify the problem, never mind getting it fixed. I guess you can not fix if problem if you can not find one. Comcast seems very well adept to this situation.  Well if it not anything in my home, then it must be on Comcast side, but they cannot find fault or dont want to admit fault.   From the reading the forums I am not the only customer to have this issue. Also I have read that is a IP adreess problem with Comcast severs, well if that is the case Comcast please update of  severs,  or sevice them. My other theory is Comcast just is not what they say they are or simply cannot provide the services the claim they have. I am charged well over $200 a month for service not rendered, however cannot be reimbursted for lack of service since Comcast claims it a temporary issue or that there in no issue in my area.  Well news flash your service is failing.  Well calling to get help, they try everything that you have a hundred times and then they tell you have to send a service tech. That alone takes a week. So that tells me that they are so busy trying to fix their inadequate service that my service will never get fixed. So I am not sure what the the problems are, but I do know I have a problem with Comcast service or lack there of. Also that includes the customer service which ranks right up there with the X1 platform. 

Your XG2 isn't connecting because of a combination of the downstream signal being too low and your upstream signal is too high. Your modem is suffering as well, with the same signal level problems. looking at the map of your neighborhood, you're the only one affected. Everyone else on your side of the street is good. What kind of amp or splitters do you have?

Regular Visitor

The one installed by your company. Everytime a techn come they are replaced with new ones. Still same results. 

Official Employee

@sjcrozier wrote:

The one installed by your company. Everytime a techn come they are replaced with new ones. Still same results. 

Then you'll need another tech, whatever is happening is only happening to you.

Regular Visitor

So the multiple techs that came can figure it out, not even customer service on the phone can diagnose my problem. However a person on a forum can? Some thing is very wrong with comcast. 

Official Employee

I can’t speak for the tools that customer service has access to, I’m a tech in the field so I can only speak to what I see. Your upstream signal is too high, and it looks like it fluctuates down just a hair so your box would connect. Do you want a tech out?
Regular Visitor

Will they fix the issue? Or just tell me everything is fine? Or it a waste of time? Besides do you and the customer service people talk to each other? Seems to be a huge communication issue between the two.    Always saying cant speak to what the other is doing, and then no one has any Idea what going on. So if a tech show up and I tell him your findings, will he tell me I am wrong, or the person I spoke it is wrong? That is usually the case and nothing ever gets corrected. This is my problem with you customer service, the lack of customer service. 

Official Employee

Everything I told you, you can verify yourself by accessing the diagnostics on your cable box and your gateway. Again, I’m a technician in the field in a different market, I have no conversation with customer service, I just use the tools I have access to.