Community Forum

X1 new Install, nothing but issues...

New Poster

X1 new Install, nothing but issues...

When I tried to install the X1 box today (RNG150 is how it identifies) It is giving me SD channels only, HD displays an image for 0.5 seconds and then goes black but the sound continues to work, the "Search" button gets an error code: MOGSCNA,  the "A" help button gives an ETV-1000 error code, the Xfinity button then On Demand gets  CL-17 error code.  UGH, and this IS the 2nd box.  

I've even tried a new cable from the outside feed, no splitter between the Comcast connection and the X1 box, still same result.

I'm only here this weekend to work on this, but the technicians don't have any availability until mid-week, next week.

Any suggestions?

Official Employee

Re: X1 new Install, nothing but issues...

With those types of error codes, That’s not an X1 box, that’s a legacy box. If you’re able to swap it out for an XG2.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi FrippFlop, thank you for taking the time out of your day to create a post. The information that (ComcastAndrew) shared is verify helpful and I would recommend you going into a local store and swapping the box out as well to avoid having to wait on a tech. To find the nearest services center please click on this link, and feel free to reach back out to me here if you need anything else I am happy to help. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi FrippFlop, I don't see a private message or a reply back from you here so I will close this thread as completed. Feel free to create another post if you require further assistance, have a good day.