Community Forum

X1 error codes RDK-03003 and RDK-03030

New Poster

X1 error codes RDK-03003 and RDK-03030

Moved my X1 DVR to new room and TV. I am getting error code RDK-03003 alternating with RDK-03030. I have done what it recommends and also read on some of the forums with same issue. I have pushed to Blue button for Reboot. I have unplugged for brief time and also for several hours and nothing changes. Same error messages. The DVR box has been recently replaced and worked fine before the move
Expert

Re: X1 error codes RDK-03003 and RDK-03030

Carolinh wrote:
Moved my X1 DVR to new room and TV. I am getting error code RDK-03003 alternating with RDK-03030. I have done what it recommends and also read on some of the forums with same issue. I have pushed to Blue button for Reboot. I have unplugged for brief time and also for several hours and nothing changes. Same error messages. The DVR box has been recently replaced and worked fine before the move

This sounds like the cable wallplate you moved the DVR to is not LIVE...   you can try to look inside the wallplate to endure there is a connection, or go to where your cable homeruns/feed is located to ensure that line is connected.  If uncomfortable doing this, you can call an A/V technician or call into Comcast for a service visit.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

When the tech was here recently replacing the X11 box, I had him check that cable.

He told me it was live. It was new cable run about a year ago when I had a renovation done.
Gold Problem Solver

Regardless of what the tech told you, RDK-03003 means that particular box has an unusable connection or no connection at all to the Comcast network. As Ray said, ir sure sounds like that outlet is not live or it is getting really poor signal. Something may have changed since the tech was there last.

Call Comcast and have them send a tech out.

Carolinh wrote:
When the tech was here recently replacing the X11 box, I had him check that cable.

He told me it was live. It was new cable run about a year ago when I had a renovation done.

New Poster

<p>It was my error. I was rushed yesterday with brief pocket of help time from my son. In my haste, I connected the cable to the TV rather than the X1 box. All is well and functioning in both locations now.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
Gold Problem Solver

Good news!!!